MV1FT does not boot.

[UFO]

n00b
Hi! I was given a MV1FT one-slot board a few months ago and I am trying to repair it. I have it connected to a LCD TV using a home-made SCART cable.

Having checked twice every connection and solder on the SCART cable, I obtain no image on screen. When I power up the board, the LED is on, the +5V and +12V lines are receving power and I see that the screens flicks for a second, just like it tried to show something on it but nothing appears at all. I tested it with a CRT TV, returning same result. Z80, M68K and other main chips are receiving power.

An Instagram account I follow (jammanationx, BTW. The man is a master in everything related to this stuff!) told me something about the master clock. What is the next step I should take? Do I have to change the crystal? Is there anything else I should check?

Any help is appreciated. Let's see if we can get this up :)

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Do you connect your scart cable directly to the LCD? if so make sure pin 20 is linked to composite video and not C sync as most TV equipped with scart input can only sync on composite video or 1vp-p.