CDZ drive issue

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
So I was in the middle of moving and my wife dropped the box that had my cdz in it.

The part where the disk pushes onto seems to be broke. You cant push a cd down and get it to stay in place.

Is there anywhere you can simply order that one compotent. It looks like it can be taken appart I just have no clue what its called or what im looking for.

Attachments

• 13090608044.JPG
    13090608044.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 33

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Did the 3 little prongs break off? Does the blue "button" for lack of a better term feel like it's just permanently pushed in?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Did the 3 little prongs break off? Does the blue "button" for lack of a better term feel like it's just permanently pushed in?
They're still attached and it pushes in an out. It feels like the whole cd spindle has been pushed down. However one tab does have trouble coming up.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
That must have been quite a fall.

So nothing broke off? If im reading this right you can't even put a disc on it which points to a clearance issue (provided the three tabs didn't break that hold the cd in place like madman stated)

Sounds to me like the CD spindle might have gotten pushed down too far if nothing broke. The spindle is usually held by friction alone afaik. Not sure if its a common problem on Neo Geo CDs, but it isn't that rare to see this type of thing happen to Sega Cd,Saturn and sometimes PCE as well. Most of the time the spindle being too low is a result of someone pushing the spindle down too hard.

You should be able to open it up and pull the spindle back up if it is a clearance issue.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Lulz ChuChu once again chiming in on tech support for "the top loader."

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
That must have been quite a fall.

So nothing broke off? If im reading this right you can't even put a disc on it which points to a clearance issue (provided the three tabs didn't break that hold the cd in place like madman stated)

Sounds to me like the CD spindle might have gotten pushed down too far if nothing broke. The spindle is usually held by friction alone afaik. Not sure if its a common problem on Neo Geo CDs, but it isn't that rare to see this type of thing happen to Sega Cd,Saturn and sometimes PCE as well. Most of the time the spindle being too low is a result of someone pushing the spindle down too hard.

You should be able to open it up and pull the spindle back up if it is a clearance issue.
Yeah I pulled the spindle back up and re adjusted it a couple times. Took like 3 or 4 times to get it just right to where it reads but, it's all good in the hood now and its fixed. I ordered a back up cdz just incase this one fails.