New Design N64 Controller Anyone?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
He is dead wrong about the c and R buttons not clashing.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I am so disillusioned...

I hope there is a fix soon. I like the controller, terribly short cord but I like it...

Sega Rhea

n00b
My issue with the controller isn't the L trigger/joystick issue, as I'm not aware of any games where those two things would ever be used at once (L is meant for use in Dpad games). The issue for me is the fact it's basically just an Xbox joystick with a gate around it. While the gate is most certainly welcome for steering in games like Waverace or F-Zero where those grooves help you keep in line, the general feel and looseness of the stick just doesn't feel right.

Call me crazy, but there's a lot of range with an N64's joystick, and a lot of resistance, enabling more fine movements. I don't feel like I'm able to control anything half as well with this thing.

I do agree the original controller's layout is terrible now. It was amazing when I was a kid, but the controller doesn't really seem to fit my hands well as an adult. The Hori pad, at this point, is still the best option in my opinion. Better joystick than this by far, and a better layout than the original. Just wish the Hori pad wasn't so tiny.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm surprised that they're offering full controller replacements via the new sign up sheet today with no mention of a need to send the originals back...

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I bought this thing recently:

5o5LIhO.jpg

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Other alternatives to the Brawler have been mentioned. What's wrong with posting this?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This thread was for the brawler pad, not for you to post stuff you just bought.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This has nothing to do with this thread. Why did you post it here?

I dunno mate that controller looks like an improved 'new design' n64 controller. More complicated and retarded! YAY!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I missed the original kick starter for these but I did order 2 on the new KS for the colored ones.
The stick/L problem has been fixed but could be fixed on the original with a dremel I believe?
Think I read somewhere they were also going to send out a fix but not sure what happened with that, To me it seemed a bit of a non issue as I never recall using a stick and L at the same time with an original controller.

The original controller design I quite liked but the quality of them was piss poor to say the least and the sticks wore down far to quickly/easily.
I have "fixed" a few of mine with Araldite and although it takes the slop out of the stick its never permanent or smooth!

So I have high hopes for these little pads.