Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Design N64 Controller Anyone?

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!

He is dead wrong about the c and R buttons not clashing.

Duck King's DJ

I am so disillusioned...

I hope there is a fix soon. I like the controller, terribly short cord but I like it...
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

My issue with the controller isn't the L trigger/joystick issue, as I'm not aware of any games where those two things would ever be used at once (L is meant for use in Dpad games). The issue for me is the fact it's basically just an Xbox joystick with a gate around it. While the gate is most certainly welcome for steering in games like Waverace or F-Zero where those grooves help you keep in line, the general feel and looseness of the stick just doesn't feel right.

Call me crazy, but there's a lot of range with an N64's joystick, and a lot of resistance, enabling more fine movements. I don't feel like I'm able to control anything half as well with this thing.

I do agree the original controller's layout is terrible now. It was amazing when I was a kid, but the controller doesn't really seem to fit my hands well as an adult. The Hori pad, at this point, is still the best option in my opinion. Better joystick than this by far, and a better layout than the original. Just wish the Hori pad wasn't so tiny.

I'm surprised that they're offering full controller replacements via the new sign up sheet today with no mention of a need to send the originals back...

King's Dry Cleaner

I bought this thing recently:

Quote Originally Posted by zaneiken View Post
    I bought this thing recently:

This has nothing to do with this thread. Why did you post it here?
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

King's Dry Cleaner

Other alternatives to the Brawler have been mentioned. What's wrong with posting this?

This thread was for the brawler pad, not for you to post stuff you just bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    This has nothing to do with this thread. Why did you post it here?
    I dunno mate that controller looks like an improved 'new design' n64 controller. More complicated and retarded! YAY!

!!

Armored Scrum Object

I missed the original kick starter for these but I did order 2 on the new KS for the colored ones.
    The stick/L problem has been fixed but could be fixed on the original with a dremel I believe?
    Think I read somewhere they were also going to send out a fix but not sure what happened with that, To me it seemed a bit of a non issue as I never recall using a stick and L at the same time with an original controller.

The original controller design I quite liked but the quality of them was piss poor to say the least and the sticks wore down far to quickly/easily.
    I have "fixed" a few of mine with Araldite and although it takes the slop out of the stick its never permanent or smooth!

So I have high hopes for these little pads.

Thread Information