Yakuza Studio announces Fist of the North Star game

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Wow, interesting, is there something new with FOTNS?

I mean, I guess if I think about it, ever since New FOTNS came out 13 years ago, ever since then there's always been something going on with the franchise every year since then.

I recall in Tokyo in 2013 there were tons of FOTNS pachinko machines, heavily advertised as well.

Amazing that this franchise just keeps going.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Really is one of the eternal series, just like Golgo 13 and Dragonball.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I saw this on FB this morning. Hype for this one, trailer looks great, just hope they bring it outside Japan.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Amaziiiinnnnng! Ryu ga Gotoku is one of my favorite modern franchises, especially Ishin and Kenzan. I'm sure this will be a good take on Hokuto no Ken. Speaking of which, my absolute favorite Hokuto game must be Seikimatsu Kyūseishu Densetsu for the PlayStation. I love this game, from start to finish. If you're into Hokuto's typical violence and drama, this is a must have.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Oh shit! Finally, something to look forward to!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Speaking of which, my absolute favorite Hokuto game must be Seikimatsu Kyūseishu Densetsu

hey friend no one here is japanese nor speak japanese soooooooo

i mean fuck did you go to the wiki page just to copypaste that name? it's got the tone over the u and everything

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
hey friend no one here is japanese nor speak japanese soooooooo i mean fuck did you go to the wiki page just to copypaste that name? it's got the tone over the u and everything

I have a universal Scandinavian keyboard, which makes typing macrons easy, as well as typing funky Scandinavian letters, like Æ, Ø and Å, so don't freak out if you happen to see me use those. On a serious note, as I said, this is my favorite Hokuto game [and one of my favorite PlayStation games, in fact], which is why I know the title so well, so no, I didn't paste it from its wiki page. I doubt it even has a western page, since it was a Japanese exclusive, which is a shame. I always thought it was a niche game, too.

On a side-note, it has one weird extra feature. The game makes use of extensive in-engine cutscenes, and once you beat it, you unlock the option of substituting any and all lines of spoken dialogue with anything else that's said in the game. There are hundreds of lines to choose from. This might not seem like too much fun unless you speak Japanese, but you can always choose a scene where people just stand around, and talk calmly, and change their lines to screams of agony.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Looks cool.

Kenshiro's voice seems off though, need more ATA.

Last edited:

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Looking good.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to previous FOTNS games. Speaking of which, how were the FOTNS musou games?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
kind of surreal, a fist of the north star game that plays like yakuza. looks cool, though. might of purchased it if it was getting a xbone release.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Looking good.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to previous FOTNS games. Speaking of which, how were the FOTNS musou games?

Fun but got tedious and boring. This one looks better, hoping you can use other character besides kenshiro. Raoh please!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The Ryu ga Gotoku Studio is on fire these days. Kiwami is awesome, Kiwami 2 got announced today on their live stream (it's funny that most of the heads at the studio actually look like Yakuza themselves), and Yakuza 6 looks like its going to be amazing; can't wait for those whisky glasses and stones :D

Now with a FotN game by these guys, it's like this studio can do no wrong. Now, if someone could just get around to pressing some Yakuza 5 discs...

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Raoh please!

yes!. been my favourite character ever since i watched the legend of the dark king anime. completely removed him as the antagonist of the series and gave him more depth than ken. i can't think of many anti heroes like roah.

such a bad ass.

hokuto_090309_2_1252032262.jpg

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
yes!. been my favourite character ever since i watched the legend of the dark king anime. completely removed him as the antagonist of the series and gave him more depth than ken. i can't think of many anti heroes like roah.

such a bad ass.

I wanted to like it, but

Spoiler:
"fighting" his horse? Wtf? And the last episode? Lame.

Still, Raoh's a badass anime character. If you're going to be turned into a statue, why not go out with a cool pose?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Hype. hope it comes out stateside.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
looks a bit too... flamboyant.
I like my fist of the north star with extra brood and much blood n guts
the spazzy humor ala Godhand I can do without here.
but anywhoo let's wait and see

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I kinda hope there's a quest that explains where Ken keeps getting identical blue shirts after he rips them off all the goddamn time

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Rip off shirt to do finishing move -> find a cow -> pressure point on cow -> cow explodes into a leather jacket.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I wanted to like it, but

Spoiler:
"fighting" his horse? Wtf? And the last episode? Lame.

Still, Raoh's a badass anime character. If you're going to be turned into a statue, why not go out with a cool pose?

raoh's character was heavily based on alexander the great and that's why we got that scene with his horse. alexander tamed the wiled horse who others claimed was unattainable. one account has it that he wrestled with it until the horse accepted alexander as his master. a lot of raoh's actions make a lot more sense when compared to alexander.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
raoh's character was heavily based on alexander the great and that's why we got that scene with his horse. alexander tamed the wiled horse who others claimed was unattainable. one account has it that he wrestled with it until the horse accepted alexander as his master. a lot of raoh's actions make a lot more sense when compared to alexander.

I didn't know that, but the fight looked worse than your post read.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Its weird how they turn black before fully dying. It's kind of bothering me. Hope they change it.