Any Atari Fans Here?

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Sk4uj9k.jpg

I like atari

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...at least they didn't steal your cock-rocket bong...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Atari is the white trash of the video game world.

I hate to agree with that, but .... I was a kid in the 80's & started off right in the Atari craze. In the early 80's, not too many friends/classmates had Atari consoles(or any consoles for that matter - yet). They'd have to go to an arcade/bowling alley/etc to play an arcade game. It wasn't until after Nintendo's launch that gaming really took off. By this time, a good majority of everyone had(or wanted) an NES system. Practically everyone had an Atari, and only the "nerds" had a Master System(actually, I recall one such person who also owned a Colecovision - and was the only person I knew who had one).

What I'm getting at though is that Nintendo pretty much dominated the 80's. Due to this, you'd be able to pick up Atari systems and games really cheap(thus everyone had them).

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I've still got way too much Atari crap in storage.

I don't know if I'll keep any of it when I get to digging it out.

There a few games I would play for a little while these days, but I think the draw would be if I had friends to play with. Stuff like Warlords, and Freeway were fun with friends.

I'm half tempted to get some guys together and play sports games, record them, then do voice over play by play comments with a friend like they were a real game and then post them on youtube. Maybe start a go fund me and beg for some cash to do it.

I may keep some atari games for the game rental section of my fake video store that I'm going to do a fundraiser for.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Never had one but two sets of cousins had it and I would play Pac Man, Adventure, Indiana Jones, Combat, ET at their place. Later on I had a Lynx in H.S. I used to play the shit out of. Most of these games haven't aged well.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, I had a couple of 2600s back in the early-to-mid 80s (a wood-grain one and then one of the cheap plastic-y ones after that broke) and probably 40 or 50 games. I have fond memories of playing the Activision stuff but going back to any of it is brutal in the way that going back to most of the early 3D stuff is. Even if the core gameplay mechanics are fun, it's just hard on the eyes and even harder on the ears.

I sold all of it to get my NES back in '86 and have never regretted it once.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Even owning amiga's in the 80's and 90's we also had an atari 1040 st. I still hook it up and play it. Llamatron is good fun. There's actually a few games I enjoy more on the Atari ST than the Amiga.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Even owning amiga's in the 80's and 90's we also had an atari 1040 st. I still hook it up and play it. Llamatron is good fun. There's actually a few game I enjoy more on the Atari ST than the Amiga.

The ST is cool but why the hell did they try to market it as a business machine in the US? They shot themselves in the foot big time. The UK had a better approach to selling the ST