161 Boot Embracing

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Out of all the Collectards , it's the Nintendo Collectards that are the worst, especially Zelda collectards. Auctioned off a Brand New Sealed Zelda Skyward Sword on the Bay and one collectard had the nerve to ask me this, this is a direct copy and paste.

Hi, I have some questions.

1. Are you the original owner (first purchaser) of this Zelda game? Do you recall which store you purchased it from?

2. Are there any visible signs of shelf wear or blemishes like tears on the cellophane plastic wrap, scratches, or surface indentations/creases on the gold foil cover art on the Wii game case? Please check by holding the game case at an angle under some light to see the reflections on the front and back side.

3. Is this item from a pet (dog/cat/bird) free home/place?

4. Is this item from a smoke free home/place?

Thanks,

This is a common readily available game on Amazon. Not even Chu is this picky.

Ugh fuck that guy. I had that happen once before, just can't remember if I blasted him for being an uptight prick or not before blocking them as a bidder. When you get into VGA retard level behavior (question 2) I want nothing to do with someone as they'll never be happy. Unlike much other grading outlets VGA is a true scam since they have no set standards or guidelines. People can just keep resubmitting until they like the grade making it a cash grab for insecure fools.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Why original? To collect and preserve.

If you want to preserve a game dump it online. Don't put it in a box on your shelf and let it collect dust. The worst thing about this line of thought is when they say they will not dump the rom because it will hurt the value.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Well it could be argued those with the big dollar collections when they try and act all high and mighty about it like they're doing everyone a favor, it's just for themselves. They're not preserving history, they're preserving the value of their investment and nothing more. It's all about money, especially for gaming in Nintendo circles as there's so much crap Nintendo peddled their name on in the 1980s and into the 90s.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
if you got in early the SNES game would've made you a multi-hundredaire by now

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
If you want to preserve a game dump it online. Don't put it in a box on your self and let it collect dust. The worst thing about this line of thought is when they say they will not dump the rom because it will hurt the value.

Speaking of which, who is sitting on the remaining unreleased Neo protos? Over the years, I've seen some emulator screenshots added for chosen titles on the proto page, but their status is "safeguarded". I really hope it's not just one guy, keeping it all to himself. Not that I want people to release stuff for free, but accidents happen. Everything is fine, and then your house is flooded or on fire, and you're gone along with it. The only person who had a working cartridge. It doesn't matter the data is dumped if only one person has access to it. I can keep protos on my DropBox, but once I'm gone, the access to that account is gone as well.

We haven't even seen emulator screenshots of Fun Fun Bros, which means it might still be undumped. It would be a damn shame to lose these titles to the sands of time.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Speaking of which, who is sitting on the remaining unreleased Neo protos? Over the years, I've seen some emulator screenshots added for chosen titles on the proto page, but their status is "safeguarded". I really hope it's not just one guy, keeping it all to himself. Not that I want people to release stuff for free, but accidents happen. Everything is fine, and then your house is flooded or on fire, and you're gone along with it. The only person who had a working cartridge. It doesn't matter the data is dumped if only one person has access to it. I can keep protos on my DropBox, but once I'm gone, the access to that account is gone as well.

We haven't even seen emulator screenshots of Fun Fun Bros, which means it might still be undumped. It would be a damn shame to lose these titles to the sands of time.

Probably Billy Pitt, but thats just a guess.