Some new ATCs for August (rear nudity on one, so NSFW)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Another month, another ATC swap! Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) are small crafts that are freely exchanged between individuals, around the world, usually via snail mail, as an exercise to interact with other artists and experience/collect samples of their work. Basically, you "claim" the most recent participant before you, select one of their listed themes as the subject matter for the card that you'll subsequently make for them, and then post your own preferences for an ATC, so that the next person who comes along can do the same for you.

ATC_August_2017_hand_zpsozsqa5cm.jpg

These two went to Ohio, for a woman's "Cute Monsters" and "Owls" themes. The critter is a Nacht Kobold (German for "Night Sprite/Spirit", which are household entities that can he helpful or harmful, depending on how they're treated) based on the design from the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children game series.

ATC_nacht_kobold_front_zps83ao1mct.jpg

ATC_owls_front_zpsuooq1ltz.jpg

This one was for a woman in Texas for her "Figure Study or Nude" theme.

ATC_figure_study_front_zps4wgx89lq.jpg

And this final one went to a fellow Michigander for her "Cute/Sexy Witches" theme. It wasn't intentional but she ended up looking like a young Kathy Griffin to me.

ATC_witch_front_zpsegipttxj.jpg

The cards were done with a combination of ink, acrylic paint, permanent marker, and graphite/colored pencils.

Hippee

Sgt. Pistachio,
They're cool! Very versatile. I came here for the rear nudity, but I'm pleased with the owls, too.

@M

20 Year Member
Here are a couple more that I made on Labor Day but wasn't allowed to share until now. They were both done for a woman in Virginia for her "Gizmo" and "Red Riding Hood" card themes:

ATC_gozer_hand.jpg

ATC_gizmo_front.jpg

ATC_redridinghood_front.jpg

The pair were both made with ink, acrylic paint, colored/graphite pencil, and permanent marker.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
wow, you'r really good at this. the woman in red looks sweet.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Yeah, he is quite good <3

M, where you doing the inktober too? I did mine till day 17 or so... then I had an injury on my wrist and had to stop... still bit fucked up, even using the keyboard still hurts, but work is work...

@M

20 Year Member
No, I didn't do Inktober, but I know several other artists who did. It's difficult for me to muster the motivation to draw one picture, let alone 31 of them! A whole month of daily drawings is just too big of a commitment for someone like me. You should make a thread to share your Inktober doodles with the rest of us, Ren-chan!

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
You should make a thread to share your Inktober doodles with the rest of us, Ren-chan!

Uhm! That's quite a nice idea actually... a pity I couldn't finish due to my injury (and yesterday I forgot about that hand and made an effort.... who brought the pain back... sigh)

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I never heard of ATCs before but I quite like the idea. Please feel free to share more of these whenever you feel like it. If you don't mind, I'd also be interested in seeing what other people sent you.

@M

20 Year Member
@supergoose: In exchange for my owls, figure study, kobold, and witch cards, I got (clockwise, from top left) a cross-stitched Janice from the Muppets, CL (Chae-rin Lee), the lead singer/rapper of my favorite South Korean K-Pop group, 2NE1, which broke up in 2016, an "Icebreaker" miniature board game (with a super teensy die and playing pieces too, shown in the second photo), and an "It's no big deal" quote, done in pizza, imagery from Katy Perry's "This is how we do" music video.

The Red Riding Hood and Gizmo cards were just gifts [the woman I made them for has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy, so, some people in the art community I belong to decided to send her a care package to brighten her day and asked me to contribute an ATC(s), which I did], thus, there wasn't an exchange involved for those two.

ATC_August_2017_quad2.jpg

ATC_icebreaker_pieces.jpg

Last edited: