Samurai Shodown Anthology Wii Quality

NexusX

Astra Superstar
So I have had this for a while and decided to pop it in once I got my Wii replacement cables. I have noticed that even when I play lets say... Samsho II in the collection the quality just seems "off" on the Wii version. I am using Wii Component Cables on my Sony Wega CRT btw so I assume that I should get a good picture, but the sprite quality just seems degraded in comparison to real SNK hardware.

Is this a Port or Emulation on the Anthology Collection? Or is The emulation just not up to snuff?

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
So I have had this for a while and decided to pop it in once I got my Wii replacement cables. I have noticed that even when I play lets say... Samsho II in the collection the quality just seems "off" on the Wii version. I am using Wii Component Cables on my Sony Wega CRT btw so I assume that I should get a good picture, but the sprite quality just seems degraded in comparison to real SNK hardware.

Is this a Port or Emulation on the Anthology Collection? Or is The emulation just not up to snuff?

It's funny because the Virtual Console versions are sharper than the ones on the Anthology disc. However, the VC versions don't allow you to remap the controller buttons like the disc versions do. It's really weird.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Oh christ... Hide the women, ol' creepy Jizzbo is back.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
h11o18v.jpg

I've got the Anthology disc and a bunch of Virtual Console NeoGeo games on my backwards compatible Wii. Thinking about getting Samurai Shodown V Special when it comes out on the PS4 since it'll support online play.

Hey OP, it's not your imagination. All the games on the Anthology disc look a little off compared to other versions of the games. Adjusting the screen options or setting the Wii in 4:3 does nothing to improve the situation.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
If its anything like the PS2 version then...its alright. The most annoying thing is no SSV Special and no 240p option on a console that outputs 240p natively. Funny, because the Virtual Console ports are really good. Some of them have scaling issues, but I'm pretty sure every single Neo-Geo game on Virtual Console outputs 240p.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I like the Ps2 version, I like having the option to use the arranged soundtracks. Looks great with component too. never tried the Wii version, Id imagine its the same just with way shittier controls.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I like the Ps2 version, I like having the option to use the arranged soundtracks. Looks great with component too. never tried the Wii version, Id imagine its the same just with way shittier controls.

Not necessarily, though I never played the SS anthology, I did try the MS one and numerous VC releases. Controls were very good, especially using the SNK board, which performs far better than on the PS2. They screwed up the diagonal directions on the latter.