Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
We got a banner, y’all.

WiWwFOi.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm like 30% worried you guys will steal a win from the Vikings this week. It seems like a classic trap game, especially since it's in London--but the Browns are so bad it might not matter.

This is the Browns’s superbowl.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Browns are not allowed to have a competent quarterback. Pretty sure the sun would explode or something if they did.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
People are so upset here that the Browns didn’t get Garoppolo, Wentz, or Watson. But I honestly don’t think any of those three would make a huge difference. The receiving corps is horrible.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The reign of Brock Osweiler comes to Denver again.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
My faith in ol' John as an evaluator of quarterback talent isn't real high.

Three quarterbacks on the roster, and Osweiler is the best of the bunch? Ouch. At least finishing 5-11 or 6-10 should mean getting a shot at Allen or Rosen or Darnold or the like.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My faith in ol' John as an evaluator of quarterback talent isn't real high.

Three quarterbacks on the roster, and Osweiler is the best of the bunch? Ouch. At least finishing 5-11 or 6-10 should mean getting a shot at Allen or Rosen or Darnold or the like.

Pre-manning it was like... Orton?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

Elway wasn't picking the players at that point.

The Broncos already had Tebow and Orton on the roster when he became executive VP/GM.

And really, it's not just quarterbacks Elway seems to struggle drafting. It's pretty much the whole offensive side of the ball.

He has had several major successes drafting on defense but the only guy on offense he's drafted so far that has unequivocally worked out is starting center Matt Paradis. His RBs, WRs, TEs, and offensive guards have been a train wreck. Bolles looks like a good pick at left tackle and the same is true for Janovich at fullback, but the rest is questionable at best.

famicommander

15 Year Member
A good qb can make the entire offense look great though.

It takes more than a "good" QB to overcome a horrible offensive line. Even great quarterbacks look like shit when they're getting hit 15-20 times per game.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
It takes more than a "good" QB to overcome a horrible offensive line. Even great quarterbacks look like shit when they're getting hit 15-20 times per game.

Wilson is looking really good with one of the worse o-lines for several years now.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

The man had the greatest neckbeard ever.

edit: my favorite Broncos qb ever, though, is Jake Plummer for stealing a shopping cart after he had his license suspended for a dui.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Best Broncos QBs ever
Elway
Manning
Plummer
Morton
Tripucka

My favorites:
Elway
Plummer
Manning

Crimes against humanity:
Tim Tebow
Gus Frerrotte
Bubby Brister
Brian Griese
Jay Cutler
Jarious Jackson
Danny Kanell
Steve Beuerlein (at least by the time we had him... he was pretty good in Carolina)
Trevor Siemian
Brock Osweiler
Paxton Lynch
Chris Simms

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Want more proof? Ask Carson Palmer who got his arm broken thanks to an inept, injury plagued and make shift offensive line in Arizona.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Didn't Cutler make the Pro Bowl in Denver?

He was a loser. All the talent, none of the heart or drive.

He took over a first place team and tanked them right out of the playoffs, and the team didn't get back until Elway came back.