NFL Thread - 2017/2018

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
JAGUARS!!!!!! We stole Big Ben passes the way he used to steal vagina

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Rapistberger has never been a viable quarterback. He's way too fat.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
He’s a good QB, just not a good person. Who’s ready to watch the vikes crush the bears like Miami coaches crush lines of cocaine?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Who’s ready to watch the vikes crush the bears like Miami coaches crush lines of cocaine?

Fun fact from a Bears fan...and a degenerate gambler. Vikes are 2-14 on the road against the Bears since 2001. This includes 09 and 12 when the vikes were really good...and the bears weren't.

So that, and Statue Sam back at QB, no running back, and the energy of a rookie QB who has played lights out the past 18 months in college, training camp, and pre-season...put your house payment on the bears on the moneyline with the over, and thank me later.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
One of those wins was handed to him by the refs. The other was against the Cardinals and their backup QB.

Kurt Warner was not Arizona's back up. Just because they were retsrded enough to try to start Leinart at the start of the season doesn't make a borderline hall of famer like Warner a back up.

And some calls went against the Hawks in that first one, but Roethlisberger still had his team in position to win as a second year guy.

He may be a human piece of garbage but his resume speaks for itself as a quarterback speaks for itself.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Fun fact from a Bears fan...and a degenerate gambler. Vikes are 2-14 on the road against the Bears since 2001. This includes 09 and 12 when the vikes were really good...and the bears weren't.

So that, and Statue Sam back at QB, no running back, and the energy of a rookie QB who has played lights out the past 18 months in college, training camp, and pre-season...put your house payment on the bears on the moneyline with the over, and thank me later.

Cool stats. But Vikes still won. Not that it was pretty. Both teams looked like they were struggling on offense.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Cool stats. But Vikes still won. Not that it was pretty. Both teams looked like they were struggling on offense.

I tell my boys you have to be good enough to beat the other team and the refs. We were better than Minnesota tonight, but the refs were better than us. It happens. Moneyline was only +115, so I took the 3.5 and killed.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I feel bad for Trubisky. He is forced to learn the NFL without a true no1 wr.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I feel bad for Trubisky. He is forced to learn the NFL without a true no1 wr.

The Bears are a hot mess from the ground up. This was the same issue with Cutler. I won't claim the guy was a failure like so many have, there were just some things that never came to be. He wasn't a leader...never was, never will be. He is a great QB...not the greatest, but rock solid nonetheless. The guy was under 3 head coaches, god only knows how many offensive coordinators, QB coaches, O-line coaches. He had a never ending rotation of WRs, and back's, and tight end's...

How can anyone be solid when everything around you is crap?

Trubisky is on a disaster of a team...no matter how good he can be, the team around him won't be...for now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Cutler sucks balls. He tanked the entire Broncos franchise when he was inserted into Plummer's job, then he did jack shit in Chicago, and now he sucks in Miami.

He took over a first place team coming off three consecutive playoff berths in Denver, and then we were out of the playoffs until the crazy Tebow yesr.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Cutler sucks balls. He tanked the entire Broncos franchise when he was inserted into Plummer's job, then he did jack shit in Chicago, and now he sucks in Miami.

He took over a first place team coming off three consecutive playoff berths in Denver, and then we were out of the playoffs until the crazy Tebow yesr.

Honestly, I disagree...kind of.

Cutler is the best QB to ever wear a Bears uniform...by a long shot. In 102 games he managed 23443 yds (ave of 229.8 yds/game) with a comp of 61.8%. He scored 154 TD's in that time. Before him...the best Chi Bear was Sid Luckman...who you have to go all the way back to 1939-1950 to find his #'s. In 128 games he managed 15,686 yds (ave of 122.5 yds/game), a comp of 51.8% and 137 TDs.

Is he HOF material? Nope...not even close. Is he the best QB the Bears have ever had? Absolutely.

EDIT...in comparison (yds/game + comp %)?

Peyton Manning- 271 yds, 65.3%
Tom Brady- 236 yds, 68.2%
Drew Brees- 223 yds, 69.1%
Joe Montana- 164 yds, 63.2%
Steve Young 171 yds, 64.3%
John Elway 203 yds, 56.9%
Dan Marino 216, 59.4%
Aaron Rogers 150yds, 65.2%
Brett Favre 255 yds, 62%

Cutler (total career) 231 yds, 62%, (as a Bear) 229yds, 61.8%

Honestly...douche or no, he's not as bad as most claim.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Bears are a hot mess from the ground up. This was the same issue with Cutler. I won't claim the guy was a failure like so many have, there were just some things that never came to be. He wasn't a leader...never was, never will be. He is a great QB...not the greatest, but rock solid nonetheless. The guy was under 3 head coaches, god only knows how many offensive coordinators, QB coaches, O-line coaches. He had a never ending rotation of WRs, and back's, and tight end's...

How can anyone be solid when everything around you is crap?

Trubisky is on a disaster of a team...no matter how good he can be, the team around him won't be...for now.

Cutler had Alshon and Brandon Marshall at one time.

I remember him throwing 4 picks to Deangelo Hall and after the game saying he would make those throws again if given the chance.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Is he HOF material? Nope...not even close. Is he the best QB the Bears have ever had? Absolutely.

Smokes - you do not want to go Cutler stats with me. Trust.

I have not missed a snap since 1984. Not one, and not an exaggeration. Not one snap. It's a sickness, but also puts me in a position to dispute your Cutler take.

If you replaced "Best" with "most talented", then maybe I can get behind what you're selling, but not the best QB in franchise history. Bobby Douglass, Jim Harbaugh, and Jim McMahon (3 middling QB's) were all "better" QB's, if you define "better" as giving your team the best chance to win a football game.

Jay Cutler can make any throw on the field, and can make fast/precision passes that only Brett Favre could match - that is his allure. However his pocket awareness is horrid. He is not a leader (per Olen Kreutz, Matt Forte, Brian Urlacher and pretty much any decent player for the bears in the last 10 years), but most importantly, he is so hot and cold you have zero confidence who is showing up for a given game, and when he's bad, he's the worst in the league. More red-zone interceptions than any other player the last 10 years. More sacks than any other QB the last 10 years. (and don't blame the O-line, his replacements we're not sacked at the rate he was sacked).

Just looking at the numbers:

Jay Cutler: 211 TD's / 149 INT's --- 312 SACKS for 1,961 yards - Total INT % 3.2 in 143 games
Averages: 1.47 / 1.04 - ratio diff 0.43 ---- 2.18 sacks/game / Avg loss of 6.28 yds

Kyle Orton: 101 TD's / 69 INT's --- 165 sacks for 1,016 yards - Total INT % 2.5 in 87 games
Averages: 1.16 / 0.79 - ratio diff 0.37 ---- 1.89 sacks/game / Avg loss of 6.15 yds

Jay Cutler is Kyle Orton - there is no discernable difference; other than that we, as Bear fans, want a franchise QB so badly, we remember his potential when we traded our draft away for him and were excited.

Career records:
Cutler - 71-74
Orton - 42-40

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Peyton Manning- 271 yds, 65.3%
Tom Brady- 236 yds, 68.2%
Drew Brees- 223 yds, 69.1%
Joe Montana- 164 yds, 63.2%
Steve Young 171 yds, 64.3%
John Elway 203 yds, 56.9%
Dan Marino 216, 59.4%
Aaron Rogers 150yds, 65.2%
Brett Favre 255 yds, 62%

Also - what is your source on these...because they are ummm...not accurate.

Per NFL.com
Joe Montana is 211, not 164
Aaron Rodgers is 259, not 150
Drew Brees is 283, not 223

I haven't looked them all up, but i'm pretty sure they're all wrong. Did you seriously just pull these out of the air?

tumblr_ophnkmvCMe1rge9rdo6_500.jpg

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ypu can't compare passing stats across eras like thst. When Elway and Montana were playing you could basically murder anyone coming over the middle and pass defenders in general could hold a lot more.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Smokes - you do not want to go Cutler stats with me. Trust.

I have not missed a snap since 1984. Not one, and not an exaggeration. Not one snap. It's a sickness, but also puts me in a position to dispute your Cutler take.

If you replaced "Best" with "most talented", then maybe I can get behind what you're selling, but not the best QB in franchise history. Bobby Douglass, Jim Harbaugh, and Jim McMahon (3 middling QB's) were all "better" QB's, if you define "better" as giving your team the best chance to win a football game.

Jay Cutler can make any throw on the field, and can make fast/precision passes that only Brett Favre could match - that is his allure. However his pocket awareness is horrid. He is not a leader (per Olen Kreutz, Matt Forte, Brian Urlacher and pretty much any decent player for the bears in the last 10 years), but most importantly, he is so hot and cold you have zero confidence who is showing up for a given game, and when he's bad, he's the worst in the league. More red-zone interceptions than any other player the last 10 years. More sacks than any other QB the last 10 years. (and don't blame the O-line, his replacements we're not sacked at the rate he was sacked).

Just looking at the numbers:

Jay Cutler: 211 TD's / 149 INT's --- 312 SACKS for 1,961 yards - Total INT % 3.2 in 143 games
Averages: 1.47 / 1.04 - ratio diff 0.43 ---- 2.18 sacks/game / Avg loss of 6.28 yds

Kyle Orton: 101 TD's / 69 INT's --- 165 sacks for 1,016 yards - Total INT % 2.5 in 87 games
Averages: 1.16 / 0.79 - ratio diff 0.37 ---- 1.89 sacks/game / Avg loss of 6.15 yds

Jay Cutler is Kyle Orton - there is no discernable difference; other than that we, as Bear fans, want a franchise QB so badly, we remember his potential when we traded our draft away for him and were excited.

Career records:
Cutler - 71-74
Orton - 42-40

I don'k know man...this one is subjective. I was watching that same games you did. The Bears have always had issues, as a whole. Cutler spent a ton of his career running for his life, was this his fault? He also faced serious challenges with receivers...again, not his fault. They also faced serious defensive issues

I tried to take numbers that focused as much as they could on him alone. Not how shitty his O-Line was, not how how shitty his receiving core may have been. I know this is hard to do...

I don't even buy the overall Win/Loss record of a QB either...what does a QB have to do with the quality of the D-Line or special teams? McMahon won a Super Bowl...but it definitely didn't have a ton to do with him as a QB:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?season=1985&team=CHI&seasonType=

The D held the Opp down to 23 TDs that season, and of the51 TDs they scored, only 17 was passing.

Case in point, Kyle Orton. he played 2 motly complete seasons at a Bear, 2005 and 2008.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/careerstats

The Bears were 11-5 in 2006, and 9-7 in 2008.

In 2005, the D gave up 20 TD's...in 2008, they gave up 39. (data pulled from NFL.com)

In Cutler's time as a Bear, the D averaged 37 opponent TD's a season with his last 3 seasons being a staggering 50 opponent TDs.

It would take a top tier, ultra elite QB to overcome those #'s. You're talking Peyton Manning in his prime or Tom Brady kind of #'s.

Also - what is your source on these...because they are ummm...not accurate.

Per NFL.com
Joe Montana is 211, not 164
Aaron Rodgers is 259, not 150
Drew Brees is 283, not 223

I haven't looked them all up, but i'm pretty sure they're all wrong. Did you seriously just pull these out of the air?

Yeah...you're correct. I got the info from this site here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com

Doing a bit of reading...yeah, they're off. I just pulled them for quick reference.

Rex Grossman is still available.

God...Bears need to burn #8. McNown, Grossman...now Glennon...

famicommander

15 Year Member
I knew Cutler sucked before he even got to Chicago. You can make all the excuses you want for how bad he looked with the Bears, but that doesn't explain why he sucked in Denver and currently sucks in Miami.

He's a stat compiler. Nothing more.