NFL Thread - 2017/2018

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Chargers are a garbage franchise and this is what their garbage team and garbage fanbase deserves.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I mostly feel sorry for San Diego Chargers fans and LA. The latter wanted the Raiders back more than the Rams and/or Chargers.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Oh hey, the Titans might actually be good this year!

One sunday later...

Nevermind... GOD DAMMIT, why does this keeps happening?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I can't believe I'm excited for Deshaun Watson in Houston. Well, I was glad we drafted him, but damn. He could actually be the franchise QB we were waiting for. No, I don't expect the same performance every time as yesterday, but if you've followed our storied QB history, he might already be miles away the best QB we've had.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I mostly feel sorry for San Diego Chargers fans and LA. The latter wanted the Raiders back more than the Rams and/or Chargers.

What San Diego fans? Their shit ass stadium was always empty and they wouldn't build another one.

And LA fans only care sbout the Dodgers and Lakers, and only when they're winning.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What San Diego fans? Their shit ass stadium was always empty and they wouldn't build another one.

And LA fans only care sbout the Dodgers and Lakers, and only when they're winning.

Was a bit different when they had LT in his prime.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I can't believe I'm excited for Deshaun Watson in Houston. Well, I was glad we drafted him, but damn. He could actually be the franchise QB we were waiting for. No, I don't expect the same performance every time as yesterday, but if you've followed our storied QB history, he might already be miles away the best QB we've had.

He’s definitely impressing right now. But hold your breath for a moment. It only took a year for RGIII to get figured out. And The same can be said for Carson Wentz and right now, Derek Carr seems like the most recent upturned $3 bill.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

Hahahaha. When the Chargers are currently playing in a tarped off 27k soccer stadium things couldn’t be that much worse in San Diego.

LA does care about the Kings, too. My wife went to a game of theirs in their pre-Stanley Cup champion days and people do support them well.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hahahaha. When the Chargers are currently playing in a tarped off 27k soccer stadium things couldn’t be that much worse in San Diego.

LA does care about the Kings, too. My wife went to a game of theirs in their pre-Stanley Cup champion days and people do support them well.

Staples Center is great for hockey. Really good fans in LA. I don’t know about their other sports.

famicommander

15 Year Member
LA didn't care about the Kings until they got Gretzky, then he left and they didn't give a fuck for another 15 years.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
LA didn't care about the Kings until they got Gretzky, then he left and they didn't give a fuck for another 15 years.

LA Kings attendance only increased about 1000 more seats since 2010. Going from 17k to 18k doesn’t sound like LA didn’t care for 15 years. Plus, hockey wasn’t as popular in the ‘90s, so I don’t follow your logic. At all.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
He’s definitely impressing right now. But hold your breath for a moment. It only took a year for RGIII to get figured out. And The same can be said for Carson Wentz and right now, Derek Carr seems like the most recent upturned $3 bill.

Oh, I know. I saw it with Vince Young in Tennessee, when we could've drafted him instead of Mario Williams. Vince had a pretty good rookie year, but I doubt he'd still be in the league if he was with us. There's still time to figure out Watson, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy it. We're usually optimistic in spite of our QB play.

famicommander

15 Year Member
LA Kings attendance only increased about 1000 more seats since 2010. Going from 17k to 18k doesn’t sound like LA didn’t care for 15 years. Plus, hockey wasn’t as popular in the ‘90s, so I don’t follow your logic. At all.

Gretzky left in 1995. From then until 2010, nobody gave a shit about the Kings. Then they got good and suddenly people cared again.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Oh, I know. I saw it with Vince Young in Tennessee, when we could've drafted him instead of Mario Williams. Vince had a pretty good rookie year, but I doubt he'd still be in the league if he was with us. There's still time to figure out Watson, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy it. We're usually optimistic in spite of our QB play.

David Carr is what you would end up with. Really talented QB shell shocked because no O-line.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Vince Young was all smoke and mirrors. Dude couldn't even cut it in the CFL, let alone the NFL.

They should have stuck with Steve McNair for a couple more years. That entire franchise has been garbage without him.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Gretzky left in 1995. From then until 2010, nobody gave a shit about the Kings. Then they got good and suddenly people cared again.
Kings barely squeaked into the playoffs in 2011 and 2012. The year they first won they were an 8th seed.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Vince Young was all smoke and mirrors. Dude couldn't even cut it in the CFL, let alone the NFL.

They should have stuck with Steve McNair for a couple more years. That entire franchise has been garbage without him.

Being fair, they did have one surprisingly good year out of nowhere with Kerry Collins before they played the Ravens and began dropping passes like crazy because Fisher.

I would also argue that Locker was a glorified glass cannon, and you can't be good when your QB breaks the moment someone sneezes at his general direction.

IGGY GUNN

War Room Troll
So...I'm a Dolphins fan, and not much else to say. I've been miserable for years. I used to be a season ticket holder, but I guess you can only get kicked in the nuts so many times before you figure out you don't like that feeling. I miss Marino and Shula, back when this franchise was competeive. Now we're no better than any of the cellar dwellars. Hope we can find ourselves in a situation where we'll have the number one pick in the draft, and we'd finally be able to find our franchise quarterback. Football just isn't fun for me anymore, between dealing with Patriots fans and all the damn losing, my Sundays are almost always guaranteed to be ruined.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
And when they could have had Christian Ponder or Johnny Manziel.

Speaking of Christian Ponder, just recently he's come out and said he blamed God for being a shitty QB when he played in the NFL. Glad he's gone...but our QB situation remains about the same.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/05/christian-ponder-i-shouldnt-have-blamed-god-for-being-bad-qb/

Maybe he should have just not given a fuck like Cutler:

2.gif

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Speaking of Christian Ponder, just recently he's come out and said he blamed God for being a shitty QB when he played in the NFL. Glad he's gone...but our QB situation remains about the same.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/05/christian-ponder-i-shouldnt-have-blamed-god-for-being-bad-qb/

Maybe he should have just not given a fuck like Cutler:

2.gif

The play was poorly designed. Cutler was ordered to do absolutely nothing. Not even give the appearance of being a part of the play.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member

What a dumbass, at least his wife has a good job. TBH when he was with the Vikings he didn't have to be a good QB, just a good hander-offer to AP when he was still effective and in his prime.