Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 394

Thread: NFL Thread - 2017/2018

  1. #101
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,150
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    He's done. I don't think he's ever going to produce big numbers again. Certainly not on the Saints if they're only going to give him 9 snaps a game. Not sure why they picked him up if that's all they're going to do. He can't catch or block, really, he's meant to be a workhorse RB.
    Reminds me of when the Redskins picked up Shaun Alexander.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  2. #102
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,826
    ahahahaha fuck the cowboys

  3. #103
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cleveland

    Posts
    11,262
    Another day, another in the L column.

  4. #104
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,150
    Maybe one day Cleveland will discover another Peyton Hillis.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  5. #105
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt

    Posts
    11,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Another day, another in the L column.
    Yup...Bears 0-2, no shocker there.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  6. #106
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,150
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Yup...Bears 0-2, no shocker there.
    The only rebuild the Bear's have experienced was Urlacher's hairline.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  7. #107
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt

    Posts
    11,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    The only rebuild the Bear's have experienced was Urlacher's hairline.
    Yeah...the NFL isn't MLB, there's no farm league to get prospects from. They have made bad move after bad move for a long time now. They haven't had a winning season since 2012, and haven't made the playoffs since 2010. Their past 3 seasons have a combined record of 14-34.

    Just like the Cubs, the Bears need new ownership if they're ever going to amount to anything...
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  8. #108
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cleveland

    Posts
    11,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Maybe one day Cleveland will discover another Peyton Hillis.
    Browns will have no Myles Garrett for a few weeks and now Corey Coleman may have broken his hand again. I know Kizer is only a rookie, but throwing 3 INTs while not under pressure is bad even for Cleveland standards. Even with all of that maybe the Browns could still win next week in Indy.

  9. #109
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Browns will have no Myles Garrett for a few weeks and now Corey Coleman may have broken his hand again. I know Kizer is only a rookie, but throwing 3 INTs while not under pressure is bad even for Cleveland standards. Even with all of that maybe the Browns could still win next week in Indy.
    I read that Kizer was suffering migranes. That's possibly worse, because qb's can learn to read defenses, but getting over migranes can be impossible.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  10. #110
    Kula's Candy
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    297
    Great set of early games today. The end of Lions-Falcons is some BS though, even if that is the rule.

  11. #111
    King's Dry Cleaner
    basic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ???

    Posts
    386
    Skins looking better defensively than anticipated. We will see if they are for real this week.

  12. #112
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,150
    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    Skins looking better defensively than anticipated. We will see if they are for real this week.
    Bad litmus test. KC look nasty and no one has an answer for Hunt.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #113
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cleveland

    Posts
    11,262
    Bears @ Pack game is on Amazon Prime tonight.

  14. #114
    Kula's Candy
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Bears @ Pack game is on Amazon Prime tonight.
    Bears, as expected, are terrible. But at least Tony Romo is pretty fun calling the game.

  15. #115
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    Bears, as expected, are terrible. But at least Tony Romo is pretty fun calling the game.
    Tony's awful. Seeing shit that ain't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  16. #116
    Critical Damage!
    mjmjr25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ryan's Lakeside Cabin; in MN

    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    Tony's awful. Seeing shit that ain't there.
    I've been hearing all week how good he's been. He's miserable. Nantz has to keep picking him up, he starts a story or analysis and just stops. Dead air and Nantz has to cover it up, which he does expertly. The worst thing a commentator can do is refuse to adapt to a replay and multiple times Romo thought he saw or didn't see something, they'd show a replay, contradicting his call and he'd stay with it. The whole "i'll bet you x dollars" is played out after week 1 and he's trying to play off it now, super annoying.
    Currently dating: Jack Dempsey; a fish; recommended by fake madman

  17. #117
    Long Dong Silver.

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle

    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    I've been hearing all week how good he's been. He's miserable. Nantz has to keep picking him up, he starts a story or analysis and just stops. Dead air and Nantz has to cover it up, which he does expertly. The worst thing a commentator can do is refuse to adapt to a replay and multiple times Romo thought he saw or didn't see something, they'd show a replay, contradicting his call and he'd stay with it. The whole "i'll bet you x dollars" is played out after week 1 and he's trying to play off it now, super annoying.
    I'd still rather listen to Romo than Phil Simms, Gruden, or the tandem of Aikmen and Buck.

  18. #118
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    I've been hearing all week how good he's been. He's miserable. Nantz has to keep picking him up, he starts a story or analysis and just stops. Dead air and Nantz has to cover it up, which he does expertly. The worst thing a commentator can do is refuse to adapt to a replay and multiple times Romo thought he saw or didn't see something, they'd show a replay, contradicting his call and he'd stay with it. The whole "i'll bet you x dollars" is played out after week 1 and he's trying to play off it now, super annoying.
    That's what I said

    Spoiler:
    but thanks for articulating the point
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  19. #119
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt

    Posts
    11,172
    Why does the NFL keep making the Bears play on national games? God, they're awful...and historically bad on Sun/Mon/Thurs night games...no one wants to see that.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  20. #120
    Critical Damage!
    mjmjr25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ryan's Lakeside Cabin; in MN

    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    Why does the NFL keep making the Bears play on national games? God, they're awful...and historically bad on Sun/Mon/Thurs night games...no one wants to see that.
    The Bears have a very good offensive line, very good running backs, and a solid defense. They are a QB away from being an above average team and a playmaker WR away from being a top 5 team. (they thought they had that with Kevin White finally healthy and Cameron Meredith poised to be an all-pro, both down with season ending injuries). All 3 games they've lost have been solely on the shoulders of an inept QB they overpaid for (before trading away their draft to move up 1 spot...to draft a QB). Glennon was horrible in Tampa and is horrible in Chicago. In addition to all of the turnovers (4 more last night) he has had multiple dead plays where he bobbled or dropped a snap, or missed the handoff. It's amazing to me he is a starting NFL quarterback.

    But, to actually answer your question, and your question was probably rhetorical, but the Bears have a large national following. I am in Viking-Packer country, but all through this area are Bear fans as well, and it's the case throughout the midwest and northwest. Last night's game drew a 9.9, the most watched show on TV last night, despite a near hour long weather delay and the game being a blowout due to Glennon handing the ball away.

    The Packers, Patriots, Bears and Cowboys can draw no matter how bad they might be in a given year. Some teams the draw goes away for - for a long time the 49ers were a consistent draw, but a mediocre 15 years has changed that. Not the case with the Bears.

    #beardown
    #papabear
    #miniditka
    Currently dating: Jack Dempsey; a fish; recommended by fake madman

  21. #121
    Kula's Candy
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzytaco View Post
    I'd still rather listen to Romo than Phil Simms, Gruden, or the tandem of Aikmen and Buck.
    This is my feeling, too. Even if he's not as good as my favorite team (Al Michaels and Collinsworth), I'd still prefer Romo/Nantz to those guys.

  22. #122
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt

    Posts
    11,172
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    The Bears have a very good offensive line, very good running backs, and a solid defense. They are a QB away from being an above average team and a playmaker WR away from being a top 5 team. (they thought they had that with Kevin White finally healthy and Cameron Meredith poised to be an all-pro, both down with season ending injuries). All 3 games they've lost have been solely on the shoulders of an inept QB they overpaid for (before trading away their draft to move up 1 spot...to draft a QB). Glennon was horrible in Tampa and is horrible in Chicago. In addition to all of the turnovers (4 more last night) he has had multiple dead plays where he bobbled or dropped a snap, or missed the handoff. It's amazing to me he is a starting NFL quarterback.

    But, to actually answer your question, and your question was probably rhetorical, but the Bears have a large national following. I am in Viking-Packer country, but all through this area are Bear fans as well, and it's the case throughout the midwest and northwest. Last night's game drew a 9.9, the most watched show on TV last night, despite a near hour long weather delay and the game being a blowout due to Glennon handing the ball away.

    The Packers, Patriots, Bears and Cowboys can draw no matter how bad they might be in a given year. Some teams the draw goes away for - for a long time the 49ers were a consistent draw, but a mediocre 15 years has changed that. Not the case with the Bears.

    #beardown
    #papabear
    #miniditka
    Yeah..it wasn't a real question, Bears/Packers is a large draw, I can see why it is a national game.

    The 80-90% of a good teams is always the Bears MO, this is basically the story of their teams my entire life, almost good.

    Glennon is a wreck...always has been. I've had to listen to the Homers talk about the guy all off-season, like he was going to amount to anything.

    We'll see where this goes, but if they don't fix some stuff, we're looking at another WAY under .500 season.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  23. #123
    OldSkool4Life
    Gamefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Denver, Colorado

    Posts
    3,664
    Last nights game was an embarrassment for Chicago. Glennon seemed nervous and all over the place with his throws.

    GO PACK GO!!!

  24. #124
    King's Dry Cleaner
    basic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ???

    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Bad litmus test. KC look nasty and no one has an answer for Hunt.
    I agree. That's why I think this week will be a truer test. I thought they stood a chance against the Raiders but thought that if they won it would be more of a "Raiders gave the game away" type of win.

  25. #125
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cleveland

    Posts
    11,262
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...d-concern/amp/

    Definitely not a normal year for the Chargers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •