NFL Thread - 2017/2018

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You're the one that's nuts here.

If he didn't suck he'd be playing. Simple as that.

If he didn't protest the sponsors (department of defense) then he would be playing.

You want to know the biggest scandal for the NFL?

For black people to hear that a sponsor ordered the league to blackball a player who questioned patriotism.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Then why is Brandon Marshall playing? There are multiple players in the league right now that made the same protest.

famicommander

15 Year Member
gettyimages-836525120.jpg

Cleveland Browns starting quarterback Deshone Kizer among those protesting the anthem this very preseason. He didn't take a knee but he stood with the players who did.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Cleveland Browns starting quarterback Deshone Kizer among those protesting the anthem this very preseason. He didn't take a knee but he stood with the players who did.

Like I said, the NFL has a poor record of apologizing for bad decision making, and they will continue to punish one guy who they decided to make an example of, while ignoring the rest. Look no further than when Aaron Rodgers stated that his footballs were probably not at the exact standard for pressure either. When the DOD saw that other players were doing it, they probably decided they needed to coopt it so that they can keep marketing slave wages to poor people.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

After last season's comedy show, they should get on their knees and pray that have more than 1 win this year.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
After last season's comedy show, they should get on their knees and pray that have more than 1 win this year.
Browns will be better this year, seems reasonable to be at 6-10 at the end of the season. Kirksey will help lead the defense in tackles again, Nassib has more experience under his belt and will be even a better pass rusher this season, Crowell will remain a solid RB. Lots to look forward to in the way of progress under Hue.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Browns should have been at least 5-11 last year...They were actually fun to watch.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
If Kizer's even remotely competent, they can win 6 games. Generally, losing more than 12 games in the NFL is as much bad luck as it is bad personnel/bad coaching.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Turns out the Baltimore Ravens nearly signed Kaepernick to be a back up, but the following day Kaepernick's girlfriend sent out a tweet comparing the Ravens' owner to the slave owner from Django Unchained.

This according to Ray Lewis.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Turns out the Baltimore Ravens nearly signed Kaepernick to be a back up, but the following day Kaepernick's girlfriend sent out a tweet comparing the Ravens' owner to the slave owner from Django Unchained.

This according to Ray Lewis.

I read that earlier today. If that's true, his girlfriend is pretty dumb, and probably cost him.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
It's the same chick Aldon Smith dated and look at Aldon Smith now. Pussy makes you do stupid things.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
She definitely cost Kaepernick the Ravens opportunity. Ray Lewis said it himself "16 tds and 4 interceptions." But the other sude was that the team owner was against it from the start.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ray Lewis flat out said it was going to happen until she compared the owner to a slave owner.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Ray Lewis flat out said it was going to happen until she compared the owner to a slave owner.

Of course he is going to say that, he just got clowned & including his boss. If they wanted him, they would have already sign him. They are just having a butthurt response, also bad move from the GF, you dont want to cross Ray Lewis.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
If Kizer's even remotely competent, they can win 6 games. Generally, losing more than 12 games in the NFL is as much bad luck as it is bad personnel/bad coaching.
True, but the power of the Browns' bad luck is awe-inspiring. Myles Garrett, who may be one of the most athletic prospects ever to enter the NFL, has a high ankle sprain and is out 4-6 weeks.

Edit: The backup safety (Calvin Pryor) who the Browns traded for 3 months ago just got kicked off the team for fighting a WR. This team is amazing.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Good start to the season!

I think karma was at work for the way the scoreboard team acted before the game. Boston lost a lot of humility over the years, understandably, but the scoreboard trolling was classless.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Great start to the season so far!!! Vikings beat the Saints.... Did you guys see AP look like he was trying the melt Sean Payton's face?!?! That was pretty funny.

Also won in my fantasy football league thanks very much to Kareem Hunt for being a madman the other day.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Sunday NFL Countdown sucks now. The new cast sucks.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Great start to the season so far!!! Vikings beat the Saints.... Did you guys see AP look like he was trying the melt Sean Payton's face?!?! That was pretty funny.

Also won in my fantasy football league thanks very much to Kareem Hunt for being a madman the other day.

He's done. I don't think he's ever going to produce big numbers again. Certainly not on the Saints if they're only going to give him 9 snaps a game. Not sure why they picked him up if that's all they're going to do. He can't catch or block, really, he's meant to be a workhorse RB.