Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 394

Thread: NFL Thread - 2017/2018

  1. #51
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    If he could still put up 4.7 yards per attempt and 12 touchdowns he would be on a roster right now.
    There's starting RBs in the league that will do less than this, never mind backups.

    Edit: I may not get to 7 starting QBs worse than Kap, but I can probably get to 5, easily.
    Last edited by JoeAwesome; 09-05-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  2. #52
    In truth be told
    You Have a
    Crappy username.
    100proof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Carolina

    Posts
    1,136
    The Kaepernick thing is just Bizarro Tebow. Instead of religious nuts decrying that a middling, backup-level player who draws an inordinate amount of attention to themselves (whether intentionally or unintentionally) doesn't have a job, it's a segment of the liberal population. The NFL is a conservative league (jerks off the military before every game, owners are primarily elderly trust fund babies, large percentage of white trash fans, etc.) but the dude doesn't have a job because giant corporations are risk-averse and his output doesn't make up for the amount of shit the team would have to take having him there.

    So, in that sense, Kaep should probably blame the media for blowing his little personal protest grotesquely out of proportion. Good on him for actually putting his money where his mouth is and donating to charitable causes and putting in the work instead of just making it about himself.
    Last edited by 100proof; 09-05-2017 at 01:49 PM.

  3. #53
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by 100proof View Post
    jerks off the military before every game
    Is that why they charged for military tributes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  4. #54
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    There's starting RBs in the league that will do less than this, never mind backups.

    Edit: I may not get to 7 starting QBs worse than Kap, but I can probably get to 5, easily.
    Name one. And you can't count rookies until we actually can confirm they suck in real game action.

  5. #55
    Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I NO SCARE!

    Posts
    2,871
    Going by last year...

    Browns
    Broncos
    Jets
    Bears
    49ers
    Jaguars
    Rams
    Texans

    Maybe even the Dolphins & Bills...

  6. #56
    In truth be told
    You Have a
    Crappy username.
    100proof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Carolina

    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    Doesn't get much more conservative than promoting wasteful military spending to the benefit of corporations.

  7. #57
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post
    Going by last year...

    Browns
    Broncos
    Jets
    Bears
    49ers
    Jaguars
    Rams
    Texans

    Maybe even the Dolphins & Bills...
    lolwut

    Kaepernick isn't better than Siemian, Tannehill, Cutler, or even Bortles.

    Hell; Blaine fucking Gabbert beat him out for the 49ers job two straight years.

    Kaepernick has elite athleticism but he isn't accurate, he can't read a defense, he is slow to deliver the ball, he's injury prone, and he makes terrible decisions.

    He's horrible.

  8. #58
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Name one. And you can't count rookies until we actually can confirm they suck in real game action.
    I've seen Hoyer in Houston, and briefly for the Bears. He sucks.
    What happened to Bortles? Did all the talent just leave him?
    Jared Goff has a long way to go.
    I love Josh McCown, but he's a perennial back-up starting for a dumpster fire this year.
    Cheating, but yes, he's better than Osweiler, the "fake" starter for the Browns, and now with Denver.

    Maybe Glennon is better, but I think that'd be a competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  9. #59
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    lolwut

    Kaepernick isn't better than Siemian, Tannehill, Cutler, or even Bortles.

    Hell; Blaine fucking Gabbert beat him out for the 49ers job two straight years.

    Kaepernick has elite athleticism but he isn't accurate, he can't read a defense, he is slow to deliver the ball, he's injury prone, and he makes terrible decisions.

    He's horrible.
    Gabbert didn't earn the starting job in SF. His place in thr Chip Kelly system made zero sense.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  10. #60
    . Lets Gekiga In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cleveland

    Posts
    11,259

    Full disclosure: I'm a UCF alumnus.

    The biggest complaint I see about Bortles is that he gets his numbers in garbage time. But honestly he is better than anything the Browns or Bills have.

  11. #61
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    49ers with Kaepernick the last 2 seasons: 3-16
    49ers with Gabbert the last 2 seasons: 4-9

    That's apples to apples. Same exact teams.

    Both guys are absolutely horrible, but where is this idea that Kaepernick is even close to a serviceable QB coming from?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    I've seen Hoyer in Houston, and briefly for the Bears. He sucks.
    What happened to Bortles? Did all the talent just leave him?
    Jared Goff has a long way to go.
    I love Josh McCown, but he's a perennial back-up starting for a dumpster fire this year.
    Cheating, but yes, he's better than Osweiler, the "fake" starter for the Browns, and now with Denver.

    Maybe Glennon is better, but I think that'd be a competition.
    Hoyer does suck. Badly. But Kaepernick is worse.

    Goff is legitimately worse than Kaepernick, but he's starting because he was the #1 overall draft pick. He's going to flop and that'll be over soon enough, but you've got me on that one.

    McCown is better than Kaepernick. He's also not very good and he can't stay healthy but at least he can read a defense and throw the ball accurately.

    He's better than Osweiler played last year in Houston but the 2015 Broncos version of Osweiler was better than Kaepernick. Regardless, he's a backup now.

    Glennon is no worse than Kaepernick. Pretty boring and below average too.
    Last edited by Famicommander; 09-05-2017 at 03:48 PM.

  12. #62
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,146
    In 2015, the 49ers were coached by Tomsula, who left after that one season. Where is that genius now? And assistant specialist for the redskins?

    In 2016, Chip Kelly took over and never tried to win with Kaepernick.

    But when Harbaugh was the coach over 4 seasons, Kaepernick and him took the 49ers to the championship game 3 times, and the superbowl once. That's pretty damn good. Now if you want to say he's washed up after struggling and being frozen out on two terrible teams, where the defenses disappeared with Harbaugh, then that's up to you.

    But you're crazy if you want to even consider those junk numbers on the Tomsula year, and silly if you want to consider anything from the Kelly year. No one looked good with the York family running things.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #63
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    Why did he lose more than Blaine Gabbert in the exact same situations?

    He was the variable.

  14. #64
    Kula's Candy
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    The biggest complaint I see about Bortles is that he gets his numbers in garbage time. But honestly he is better than anything the Browns or Bills have.
    During one of the preseason games, I saw a stat chart of QBs during garbage time conditions. I don't remember the exact cut-offs they used, but it was something like less than 8 minutes in the game with your team down by 14+ points. Anyways, Bortles' QBR during garbage time was like the equivalent of Tom Brady during normal conditions. He' the Tom Brady of garbage time.

  15. #65
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Why did he lose more than Blaine Gabbert in the exact same situations?

    He was the variable.
    2015: 49ers opponents had .561 winning average
    2016: 49ers opponents had .555 winning average

    Turn the sheet around on your head, man. The eye holes are on the other side.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  16. #66
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    2015: 49ers opponents had .561 winning average
    2016: 49ers opponents had .555 winning average

    Turn the sheet around on your head, man. The eye holes are on the other side.
    And what were the specific winning percentages of the teams each of them actually played against? Both guys started games in both seasons.

  17. #67
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    And what were the specific winning percentages of the teams each of them actually played against? Both guys started games in both seasons.
    And every game is different.

    But for a qb to deliver 16 passing touchdowns vs 4 ints, and 2 rushing touchdowns...

    That doesn't suck. And in some of those losses he put up over 300 yards passing. In short, blame the coach.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  18. #68
    Actual Musician
    Tung Fu ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    CA Bay Area...I know it's spelled Tung Fu Rue, but I shortened it

    Posts
    3,218
    Wasabi? Why are you sticking up for Kaepernick so much? Do you honestly feel that he is really that good? You talk about how good he was a few seasons ago and pretend that is relevant to how fucking bad he was last year. He was BAD last year, the only reason he was putting up decent fantasy points for a stretch last season was almost all due to garbage time and the fact that they were almost always behind in points. He was forced the throw a bunch, and really wasn't very accurate.

    You're probably right that he isn't the worst QB out there, but he's far from good. You're right though, years ago he was good and was having a lot of success on the field. Defenses have figured him out, and honestly he seems to get worse as his career continues, building bad habits (playing wise) as he goes on. He gets less accurate, worse at reading defenses, and throwing the ball away much too often when he has receivers open.

    It's kinda funny how much attention this whole situation is getting right now. More than likely, he will end up on a team before the season's over. Either a starting or backup QB will be hurt and a team will need some QB depth.
    Last edited by Tung Fu ru; 09-05-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

  19. #69
    Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I NO SCARE!

    Posts
    2,871
    Here's the thing i hate Kap, he was our biggest rival a few years back. i watched him play, with the right coach/system he can produce better then most of those shit qb teams i listed. He is pretty much a faster but smaller version of Cam Newton.

    Cam Newton 2016 (Former MVP)
    52.9 CMP%
    3,509 YRDs
    19 TD
    14 INT
    75.8 Rating

    Kapernick 2016

    59.21 CMP%
    2241 Yds
    16 TDs
    4 INT
    90.7 Rating

  20. #70
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Tung Fu ru View Post
    Wasabi? Why are you sticking up for Kaepernick so much? Do you honestly feel that he is really that good? You talk about how good he was a few seasons ago and pretend that is relevant to how fucking bad he was last year. He was BAD last year, the only reason he was putting up decent fantasy points for a stretch last season was almost all due to garbage time and the fact that they were almost always behind in points. He was forced the throw a bunch, and really wasn't very accurate.

    You're probably right that he isn't the worst QB out there, but he's far from good. You're right though, years ago he was good and was having a lot of success on the field. Defenses have figured him out, and honestly he seems to get worse as his career continues, building bad habits (playing wise) as he goes on. He gets less accurate, worse at reading defenses, and throwing the ball away much too often when he has receivers open.

    It's kinda funny how much attention this whole situation is getting right now. More than likely, he will end up on a team before the season's over. Either a starting or backup QB will be hurt and a team will need some QB depth.
    I have a major problem when people try to bleach the Kaepernick situation into him just being a shit QB. Puh-leez.

    I have been seeing these comments for over a year and never once have those comments been justified or logical without ignoring the complete data set.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  21. #71
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    I didn't say it was just because he was a shit QB, I said if he weren't a shit QB he'd be playing. I also mentioned that he seems to want a lot of money, he's often injured, and there were reports of his teammates hating him long before he started protesting. All of those things, as well as the attention for his protests, factor in. But he'd still be on a roster right now if any GM or head coach thought he could help their team win football games. Losing games gets you fired. Coaches and GMs are willing to overlook pretty much anything if a player is good, but the instant he starts to suck they'll turn on him. Kaepernick sucks so he's not worth it.

    Adrian Peterson did this to a fucking toddler:


    The child had those marks all over his entire body. And he's still playing because he's good.

    Pacman Jones fucking shot three people and he's still playing. Because he's good.

    Brandon Marshall made the exact same protest as Kaeprenick and he's still playing.

    If Ray Rice were still good, he'd still be playing like Peterson. If Kaepernick were good, he'd still be playing.

  22. #72
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    I didn't say it was just because he was a shit QB, I said if he weren't a shit QB he'd be playing. I also mentioned that he seems to want a lot of money, he's often injured, and there were reports of his teammates hating him long before he started protesting. All of those things, as well as the attention for his protests, factor in. But he'd still be on a roster right now if any GM or head coach thought he could help their team win football games. Losing games gets you fired. Coaches and GMs are willing to overlook pretty much anything if a player is good, but the instant he starts to suck they'll turn on him. Kaepernick sucks so he's not worth it.

    Adrian Peterson did this to a fucking toddler:


    The child had those marks all over his entire body. And he's still playing because he's good.

    Pacman Jones fucking shot three people and he's still playing. Because he's good.

    Brandon Marshall made the exact same protest as Kaeprenick and he's still playing.

    If Ray Rice were still good, he'd still be playing like Peterson. If Kaepernick were good, he'd still be playing.
    Coach and gm got fired too.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  23. #73
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    That's what I mean. Coaches and GMs get fired all the time, so they don't give a shit about the consequences of signing controversial players. If they lose they're fired anyway, so they'll take on guys who do controversial things as long as they think it will help them win games.

    If there were a coach or GM in the league right now that thought Kaepernick would net them more wins than the guy they're trotting out there, Kaepernick would be starting for that team.

  24. #74
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    That's what I mean. Coaches and GMs get fired all the time, so they don't give a shit about the consequences of signing controversial players. If they lose they're fired anyway, so they'll take on guys who do controversial things as long as they think it will help them win games.

    If there were a coach or GM in the league right now that thought Kaepernick would net them more wins than the guy they're trotting out there, Kaepernick would be starting for that team.
    no one takes risks thinking they'll be fired anyways. Balke was a horrible gm who ran off the best coach his team had in years. And that great coach got a lot out of a qb that you're desperate to shit on.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  25. #75
    FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,813
    You're the one that's nuts here.

    If he didn't suck he'd be playing. Simple as that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •