NFL Thread - 2017/2018

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I tried that one last year...didn't work out so well.

Really, my interest in the SB has been waning slowly over the past decade, that's more a driver of my choice not to watch it this year.

-It just comes on too late for the working class...it needs to be moved to Sunday.
-It goes without saying, the officiating and never ending rules changes to the game has really killed it.
-Super Bowl commercials are really just shit anymore...and any worth watching will be replayed on Youtube anyway. How many times can you watch a Pepsi or Budweiser commercial...really...

-A very distant last place is the fact that I am indeed sick of watching the Pats in a SB...I really am.

We're having a "no-so-super-bowl" part that sat night...

I think there's truth to all your points. My fixes:

1. Super Bowl on Saturday would be okay...but just having the following Monday off would be better. MLK Day or Presidents' Day should be moved to the day after the Super Bowl.

2. End the automatic replays on scoring plays and within 2 minutes. Coaches can still challenge to avoid being royally screwed by refs.

3. Commercials...don't really have a fix for these. Maybe more "interactive" commercials that use fan input via twitter would be fun.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The complaint was that the game was too late for the working class. Lots of people wouldn't have the option of taking the day off without a holiday.

Dumb typo on my part...yeah, needs to be on Sat. Taking a day off for that is not something I’m interested in...and my kiddo has school anyway.

Sat game would fix that problem.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I don't really think about that stuff since I'm on the west coast, but why the hell is the Super Bowl so late in the day, anyway? Why can't it start at like 1PM Pacific? It would be over by 8 on the east coast.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Dumb typo on my part...yeah, needs to be on Sat. Taking a day off for that is not something I’m interested in...and my kiddo has school anyway.

Jesus Christ. Everything including the post game stuff is over by midnight. You're acting like it's on till fucking 3 AM.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't really think about that stuff since I'm on the west coast, but why the hell is the Super Bowl so late in the day, anyway? Why can't it start at like 1PM Pacific? It would be over by 8 on the east coast.

Because they want it on during prime time when most people are home rather than shopping, going to church, doing stuff with their kids, etc.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Because they want it on during prime time when most people are home rather than shopping, going to church, doing stuff with their kids, etc.

Stores are open on Super Bowl Sunday? That doesn't sound right...

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
When I worked retail, at a home improvement store, on Super Bowl Sunday, we would only have like 5-10% of our normal Sunday customer average.

Managers would bring in tvs, and we would have them in our departments. The few customers that were shopping would watch the game with us. They would not rush us or complain, if we waited for a play to end before we grabbed something from the warehouse.

I've missed work the Monday after the super bowl three times. Twice I got the same question, "Where you to hungover to come to work?"

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Super Bowl Saturday...lol. As dumb as getting rid of Monday Night Football...

Also, as someone born and raised in New England I'd just like to say fuck the Pats. It's unbearable going to work surrounded by hoards of fagets salivating for Brady's cawk.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Super Bowl Saturday...lol. As dumb as getting rid of Monday Night Football...

Also, as someone born and raised in New England I'd just like to say fuck the Pats. It's unbearable going to work surrounded by hoards of fagets salivating for Brady's cawk.

But moe, the WORKING CLASS has to get up and go to work on Tuesday. They should move Monday Night Football to Friday night, but it should be on at 6pm eastern so that it's over by 9:30, so that the hard-working people of America (who don't live on the faggot west coast) don't fuck up their delicate sleep schedules.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Sounds to me like the working class needs to focus less on football and more on working. Know thy place!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Bust my nuts all you like, faggots...I’m sticking with what I’m saying...

Jesus Christ. Everything including the post game stuff is over by midnight. You're acting like it's on till fucking 3 AM.

What time do you get up on workdays?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
If DZ responds with anything later than 4:00 am then I will lose all faith in humanity.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

One of my favorite parts of living in Mountain Time Zone was being able to watch the end of games more frequently.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Super Bowl should be a 1:00 pm EST game. This would allow it to be viewed by the highest audience of western civilization.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
One of my favorite parts of living in Mountain Time Zone was being able to watch the end of games more frequently.

I get it...with the US time zones being on such a large spread, a 6PM central time start is 4pm Pacific, and 1PM Hawaii...so starting the game at 1pm central would be silly for most people living west of central. That's the only reason why I'm suggesting Saturday.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Not gonna front; I get up and go to work when I feel like it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not gonna front; I get up and go to work when I feel like it.

image.php

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I get it...with the US time zones being on such a large spread, a 6PM central time start is 4pm Pacific, and 1PM Hawaii...so starting the game at 1pm central would be silly for most people living west of central. That's the only reason why I'm suggesting Saturday.
There was a proposal for a while to only have two time zones in the lower 48. I believe the reason we have four main time zones was because of the railroad.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
1PM Pacific would be 10AM in Hawaii and 4PM on the east coast. That's pretty good. Or do 12PM pacific and then the game would start at 8PM in the UK, since the NFL for some reason wants to make inroads in that market...

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I agree with smoke on that point. 8pm starts for any sports is too damn late. Living on the west coast is great for nationally televised sporting events.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I agree with smoke on that point. 8pm starts for any sports is too damn late. Living on the west coast is great for nationally televised sporting events.

It starts at 8:00 pm? I have to get up at around 3:15 am so that is going to make it difficult to watch.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I hate west coast MLB games as well. Being a KC fan, they're out there a ton. I'll say that I don't watch much NFL anymore, but I do love my MLB package...and west coast game just start too late during the week.