NFL Thread - 2017/2018

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Holy fucknuts, that was an amazing game.

No shit - right down the last second!

+1000

What a Dramatic Finish. Has to be one of the best endings in a Football game that I have ever seen. Vikings Eagles, let's go baby. I don't have a dog in this fight but looking forward to that game.

That was the best game of the playoffs so far.

IDK, if I'd call the game amazing, but the last few minutes were fantastic!!

Still can't believe he missed the tackle.

I went to the market and was talking to a dude about football, he was wearing a jersey, and said, "couldn't believe the saints and vikings game. It looked as if the Saints were going to get the win."

He says, "They did, I saw them make a field goal at the end."
I said you missed a crazy comeback by the Vikings.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I went to the market and was talking to a dude about football, he was wearing a jersey, and said, "couldn't believe the saints and vikings game. It looked as if the Saints were going to get the win."

Stefon Diggs made the play of the week, but yeah, rest of the game wasn’t as high scoring as Steelers Jags.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Steelers-Jags was good. Those multiple 4th down TDs from Roethlisberger were pretty incredible.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yea, that's why I said Dramatic Finish. To be honest, it was more on the defense than anything else. How do you completely miss a tackle like that?

I mean, not only does he miss the tackle but he also collides into his own teammate who could have made the play. After watching that replay a few times something doesn't smell right. Either this guy doesn't know how to tackle a player that is in mid air or something was cooked up.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Carson Wentz is nothing without the incredible defense of the eagles. Even Foles could pilot that team into the championship game.

Foles is serviceable. I bet DeShone Kizer and Kevin Hogan couldn’t do what Nick Foles did. Kizer would be throwing INTs and Hogan can’t throw.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Foles is serviceable. I bet DeShone Kizer and Kevin Hogan couldn’t do what Nick Foles did. Kizer would be throwing INTs and Hogan can’t throw.

I think that’s unfair. The Browns management and coaching staff would make any great QB look like shit. I think Kizer was a better pick than Watson, but Watson landed on a team that hasn’t killed a talented QB since Carr.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Yea, that's why I said Dramatic Finish. To be honest, it was more on the defense than anything else. How do you completely miss a tackle like that?

I mean, not only does he miss the tackle but he also collides into his own teammate who could have made the play. After watching that replay a few times something doesn't smell right. Either this guy doesn't know how to tackle a player that is in mid air or something was cooked up.

Did you happen to notice the play before where the announcers showed how the Saints had a safety and CB on the sideline to keep them from getting out of bounds.

Only thing I can think of is he hope to hit him on the left side to have stay in bounds.

Always remember, "Prevent defense, Prevents you from winning!"

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I think that’s unfair. The Browns management and coaching staff would make any great QB look like shit. I think Kizer was a better pick than Watson, but Watson landed on a team that hasn’t killed a talented QB since Carr.

I’m not saying Kizer never could, but rookie year Kizer certainly couldn’t. Brian Kelly wasn’t kidding when he said Kizer is extremely raw. I still stand by saying Hogan is not an NFL quality QB period.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The meta of NFL coaching is going to change. If the Browns want to turn things around, they may want to explore the Rams model of hiring two head coaches. Story goes that when the defense takes the field, Sean McVay turns around and lets Wade take over. It makes sense to me as McVay is not a defensive mind.

And neither is Hue Jackson.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I work till 3pm on Sun., hopefully I'll get home in time to see the Eagles-Vikes game.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
The meta of NFL coaching is going to change. If the Browns want to turn things around, they may want to explore the Rams model of hiring two head coaches. Story goes that when the defense takes the field, Sean McVay turns around and lets Wade take over. It makes sense to me as McVay is not a defensive mind.

And neither is Hue Jackson.

Is Hue Jackson any kind of coach? I don't know how much longer his contract has him in Cleveland for but I hope that the owner and GM are already looking for someone new.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

To me it appeared he lost track of the ball and thought it was going to the other viking.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So...let me guess. For about 50 min of the game, the Patriots played horribly mediocre. With 10 min left in the 4th and with NE down multiple TDs, the other team just stopped in its tracks both on offense and defense allowing NE to not only march down the field repedily getting TDs...but also allowing NEs defense to suddenly hold them to a series of 3-OUT and/or fumbles.

NE wins again...

Am i rite?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Vikings are getting blown out, so there goes your theory.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Call me a butt-hurt petty old douche...but I'm not watching the Patriots in another SB. This will literally be the first SB I've skipped since the late 80's.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Call me a butt-hurt petty old douche...but I'm not watching the Patriots in another SB. This will literally be the first SB I've skipped since the late 80's.

The thing about the Pats being in the SB is that it fucking sucks watching them win, but there's no one else that I'd rather see lose.

It was like watching the Dodgers lose the World Series last year. Next best thing to seeing the Giants win it. Three times in 5 years.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The thing about the Pats being in the SB is that it fucking sucks watching them win, but there's no one else that I'd rather see lose.

Man, that's the last time I say anything nice about the 49ers......

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

It was like watching the Dodgers lose the World Series last year. Next best thing to seeing the Giants win it. Three times in 5 years.

I tried that one last year...didn't work out so well.

Really, my interest in the SB has been waning slowly over the past decade, that's more a driver of my choice not to watch it this year.

-It just comes on too late for the working class...it needs to be moved to Sunday.
-It goes without saying, the officiating and never ending rules changes to the game has really killed it.
-Super Bowl commercials are really just shit anymore...and any worth watching will be replayed on Youtube anyway. How many times can you watch a Pepsi or Budweiser commercial...really...

-A very distant last place is the fact that I am indeed sick of watching the Pats in a SB...I really am.

We're having a "no-so-super-bowl" part that sat night...

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
-It just comes on too late for the working class...it needs to be moved to Sunday.

giphy.gif