NFL Thread - 2017/2018

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Don't mind DZ - he's just cranky because his wife wanted to sleep next to him and not in her own darn bedroom

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
LOL...you’re still bitching about that. Glad I was able to get that deep in your head over something so stupid...

Nah, the thing where you were pissed about your neighbor having nice things, that got in my head. This is just simply something to bust your balls over.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Man, I forgot to check this thread before I busted his balls in the Super Bowl thread. Oh well.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So is Nick Foles really gonna spend next season as a backup again? The argument that he's nothing without a brilliant system is going to still be there, but I can't help but think some team's gonna offer a solid draft pick for him.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...I guess 2018/19 starts today...

Let's see if the Bears can do anything with their life this season...

famicommander

15 Year Member
So is Nick Foles really gonna spend next season as a backup again? The argument that he's nothing without a brilliant system is going to still be there, but I can't help but think some team's gonna offer a solid draft pick for him.
I wouldn't trade him until I see Wentz fully recovered. When the season starts it will have been nine months since his ACL tear. A lot of guys can come back from it in that timespan but few of them are back to 100% inside of a year, unless you're just a freak like Adrian Peterson. They've got a Super Bowl MVP under contract for peanuts and they're still clearly in their Super Bowl window; no reason to trade Foles now for future picks.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wouldn't trade him until I see Wentz fully recovered. When the season starts it will have been nine months since his ACL tear. A lot of guys can come back from it in that timespan but few of them are back to 100% inside of a year, unless you're just a freak like Adrian Peterson. They've got a Super Bowl MVP under contract for peanuts and they're still clearly in their Super Bowl window; no reason to trade Foles now for future picks.

If I am Nick Foles, I try hard to stay in Philly. He is due to get the royal treatment there for a long time - free sandwiches, free dry cleaning, free car washes

Local business will be clamoring to pay him to appear on their commercials to do a trick play.

His OC, Frank Reich, can tell him from experience that being a backup doesn't mean that the locals won't love you more than the starter.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If I am Nick Foles, I try hard to stay in Philly. He is due to get the royal treatment there for a long time - free sandwiches, free dry cleaning, free car washes

Local business will be clamoring to pay him to appear on their commercials to do a trick play.

His OC, Frank Reich, can tell him from experience that being a backup doesn't mean that the locals won't love you more than the starter.

Some other team will give him 16-20 million dollars per year. I'd leave in a heartbeat.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

I agree with this. Scott Zolac is far more popular and recognizable by folks here then Drew Bledsoe. Guy has endorsements up the ass too.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Foles deserve to get paid for these playoffs. He showed that he can deliver in big games if you get the right talent around him.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Some other team will give him 16-20 million dollars per year. I'd leave in a heartbeat.

And he'll still be loved in Philly. Eagles fans are dumb, but even they'd realize that you can't keep Wentz AND Foles after the way he played in the post-season.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
All the Pat's whiz wits in the world won't keep Foles in Philly if he's not the starter.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Foles is going to San Fran.

Jimmy Garoppolo is gonna be back up - he'll be the Frank Grimes of the NFL.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Keep in mind...Arizona needs to replace Palmer and his backup Stanton isn't ready to take over his spot IMO.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman

I think he's gonna be starter now, and I'm sure all the other QBs are happy he pushed the pay scale a bit higher for them.