NFL Thread - 2017/2018

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He's done. I don't think he's ever going to produce big numbers again. Certainly not on the Saints if they're only going to give him 9 snaps a game. Not sure why they picked him up if that's all they're going to do. He can't catch or block, really, he's meant to be a workhorse RB.

Reminds me of when the Redskins picked up Shaun Alexander.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The only rebuild the Bear's have experienced was Urlacher's hairline.

Yeah...the NFL isn't MLB, there's no farm league to get prospects from. They have made bad move after bad move for a long time now. They haven't had a winning season since 2012, and haven't made the playoffs since 2010. Their past 3 seasons have a combined record of 14-34.

Just like the Cubs, the Bears need new ownership if they're ever going to amount to anything...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Maybe one day Cleveland will discover another Peyton Hillis.

Browns will have no Myles Garrett for a few weeks and now Corey Coleman may have broken his hand again. I know Kizer is only a rookie, but throwing 3 INTs while not under pressure is bad even for Cleveland standards. Even with all of that maybe the Browns could still win next week in Indy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Browns will have no Myles Garrett for a few weeks and now Corey Coleman may have broken his hand again. I know Kizer is only a rookie, but throwing 3 INTs while not under pressure is bad even for Cleveland standards. Even with all of that maybe the Browns could still win next week in Indy.

I read that Kizer was suffering migranes. That's possibly worse, because qb's can learn to read defenses, but getting over migranes can be impossible.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Great set of early games today. The end of Lions-Falcons is some BS though, even if that is the rule.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Skins looking better defensively than anticipated. We will see if they are for real this week.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Tony's awful. Seeing shit that ain't there.

I've been hearing all week how good he's been. He's miserable. Nantz has to keep picking him up, he starts a story or analysis and just stops. Dead air and Nantz has to cover it up, which he does expertly. The worst thing a commentator can do is refuse to adapt to a replay and multiple times Romo thought he saw or didn't see something, they'd show a replay, contradicting his call and he'd stay with it. The whole "i'll bet you x dollars" is played out after week 1 and he's trying to play off it now, super annoying.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I've been hearing all week how good he's been. He's miserable. Nantz has to keep picking him up, he starts a story or analysis and just stops. Dead air and Nantz has to cover it up, which he does expertly. The worst thing a commentator can do is refuse to adapt to a replay and multiple times Romo thought he saw or didn't see something, they'd show a replay, contradicting his call and he'd stay with it. The whole "i'll bet you x dollars" is played out after week 1 and he's trying to play off it now, super annoying.

I'd still rather listen to Romo than Phil Simms, Gruden, or the tandem of Aikmen and Buck.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

That's what I said

Spoiler:
but thanks for articulating the point ;)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Why does the NFL keep making the Bears play on national games? God, they're awful...and historically bad on Sun/Mon/Thurs night games...no one wants to see that.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Why does the NFL keep making the Bears play on national games? God, they're awful...and historically bad on Sun/Mon/Thurs night games...no one wants to see that.

The Bears have a very good offensive line, very good running backs, and a solid defense. They are a QB away from being an above average team and a playmaker WR away from being a top 5 team. (they thought they had that with Kevin White finally healthy and Cameron Meredith poised to be an all-pro, both down with season ending injuries). All 3 games they've lost have been solely on the shoulders of an inept QB they overpaid for (before trading away their draft to move up 1 spot...to draft a QB). Glennon was horrible in Tampa and is horrible in Chicago. In addition to all of the turnovers (4 more last night) he has had multiple dead plays where he bobbled or dropped a snap, or missed the handoff. It's amazing to me he is a starting NFL quarterback.

But, to actually answer your question, and your question was probably rhetorical, but the Bears have a large national following. I am in Viking-Packer country, but all through this area are Bear fans as well, and it's the case throughout the midwest and northwest. Last night's game drew a 9.9, the most watched show on TV last night, despite a near hour long weather delay and the game being a blowout due to Glennon handing the ball away.

The Packers, Patriots, Bears and Cowboys can draw no matter how bad they might be in a given year. Some teams the draw goes away for - for a long time the 49ers were a consistent draw, but a mediocre 15 years has changed that. Not the case with the Bears.

#beardown
#papabear
#miniditka

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I'd still rather listen to Romo than Phil Simms, Gruden, or the tandem of Aikmen and Buck.

This is my feeling, too. Even if he's not as good as my favorite team (Al Michaels and Collinsworth), I'd still prefer Romo/Nantz to those guys.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The Bears have a very good offensive line, very good running backs, and a solid defense. They are a QB away from being an above average team and a playmaker WR away from being a top 5 team. (they thought they had that with Kevin White finally healthy and Cameron Meredith poised to be an all-pro, both down with season ending injuries). All 3 games they've lost have been solely on the shoulders of an inept QB they overpaid for (before trading away their draft to move up 1 spot...to draft a QB). Glennon was horrible in Tampa and is horrible in Chicago. In addition to all of the turnovers (4 more last night) he has had multiple dead plays where he bobbled or dropped a snap, or missed the handoff. It's amazing to me he is a starting NFL quarterback.

But, to actually answer your question, and your question was probably rhetorical, but the Bears have a large national following. I am in Viking-Packer country, but all through this area are Bear fans as well, and it's the case throughout the midwest and northwest. Last night's game drew a 9.9, the most watched show on TV last night, despite a near hour long weather delay and the game being a blowout due to Glennon handing the ball away.

The Packers, Patriots, Bears and Cowboys can draw no matter how bad they might be in a given year. Some teams the draw goes away for - for a long time the 49ers were a consistent draw, but a mediocre 15 years has changed that. Not the case with the Bears.

#beardown
#papabear
#miniditka

Yeah..it wasn't a real question, Bears/Packers is a large draw, I can see why it is a national game.

The 80-90% of a good teams is always the Bears MO, this is basically the story of their teams my entire life, almost good.

Glennon is a wreck...always has been. I've had to listen to the Homers talk about the guy all off-season, like he was going to amount to anything.

We'll see where this goes, but if they don't fix some stuff, we're looking at another WAY under .500 season.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Last nights game was an embarrassment for Chicago. Glennon seemed nervous and all over the place with his throws.

GO PACK GO!!!

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Bad litmus test. KC look nasty and no one has an answer for Hunt.

I agree. That's why I think this week will be a truer test. I thought they stood a chance against the Raiders but thought that if they won it would be more of a "Raiders gave the game away" type of win.