NFL Thread - 2017/2018

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
haha sorry about that, i was frustrated...Stupid skins beat my Seahawks but choke big time today! I'll just wait until they are officially out of it.

It's all good, I didn't take offense lol. They haven't shown the consistency this season that I was hoping for.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Bill Bellichick apparently thinks volcanoes and earthquakes happen almost every day in Mexico City:
I think we're fortunate there was no volcano eruptions or earthquakes, or anything else while we were down there. You have two NFL franchises in an area that I don't know how stable the geological plates that were below us [were], but nothing happened, so that was good."

He does understand that 20 million people live in the Mexico City area, correct? And that they're not dodging lava as they walk down the street?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bill Bellichick apparently thinks volcanoes and earthquakes happen almost every day in Mexico City:

He does understand that 20 million people live in the Mexico City area, correct? And that they're not dodging lava as they walk down the street?

Sounds like signature Belichek humor.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Blair fucking Walsh....hahahahahah

Walsh sucks but seahawks lose because of that stupid fake fg to end the half and stupid challenge on obvious drop by baldwin.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Sounds like signature Belichek humor.

That's what I chalked it up to, being honest. I mean, no one would be THAT stupid to think volcanoes are a thing in Mexico City.

Also, yay Titans didn't choke against the Colts and the Jags lost. Hooray, they're relevant for one more week!

famicommander

15 Year Member
As big of a trainwreck as this season has been, if the stupid Broncos had just stuck with Siemian over Osweiler or Lynch they'd be right in the middle of the AFC West race right now. They certainly would have beaten the Raiders yesterday if Siemian had started.

What we knew all along has turned out to be true: Siemian is the best of a bad bunch of quarterbacks.

They need to fire Vance Joseph and Elway needs to find someone better than himself at drafting offensive players. His defensive drafting has been more or less outstanding but the only picks on offense that have really worked out were Matt Paradis and Garrett Bolles.

There's no reason, on paper, that this team should be worse than the 9-7 team they fielded last year. The offensive line got better, the running backs got better (and healthier), the defensive line got better, the secondary is just as good, the linebackers are the same, the wide receivers are the same, the tight ends (while garbage) are the same.

And yet they're on the longest losing streak this city has seen in 50 years.

Elway hired the wrong coach, plain and simple. Hopefully he's smart enough to cut ties right away.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
As big of a trainwreck as this season has been, if the stupid Broncos had just stuck with Siemian over Osweiler or Lynch they'd be right in the middle of the AFC West race right now. They certainly would have beaten the Raiders yesterday if Siemian had started.

They needed to know what they had in Paxton Lynch, especially with a high pick in next years draft coming. Even if Vance Joseph gets the boot this year, the new coach isn't gonna have any better luck with the shitshow Denver currently has at QB.

famicommander

15 Year Member
We already knew what we had in Paxton Lynch. We've seen him in two preseasons, we've seen him last year, we've seen him in practice for two solid years.

He sucks ass, end of story. He's not accurate, he doesn't know the playbook, he stares down his receivers, he doesn't go through his progressions, he holds onto the ball too long, and he's already been hurt twice in six career games.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am just hoping the redskins keep losing so they can pick a good RB in the draft.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Any KC fans still alive in this thread, or have you all killed yourselves?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
And the Vikings have clinched the NFC North title. Now it’s a fight for home field and the bye.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
And the Vikings have clinched the NFC North title. Now it’s a fight for home field and the bye.

Fuck yeah dude!!!! It's crazy to think of how good they are without Cook, with him they would be unstoppable.

I really hope they don't choke in the playoffs like they usually (always) do. If they go to the Superbowl I'll have to fly out to MN to watch it. Not that I could afford to go to the game, I'll just go to a Superbowl party and watch with friends.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
we have reached the point of the season where it makes me so sad that the Redskins win games. It's like they don't want a decent pick in the draft.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Is there any precedent in pro football for a team not coming back out after the half?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Broncos should fire Vance Joseph.

Nuggets also have a dumbfuck for a coach but the team is so well constructed by the GM they win anyway.

Avs coach is also not great.

At least the Rockies have a decent manager.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pats bailed out by the refs...yet again

Have no care for the Stillers despite living in Pittsburgh, but the NFL is going to have to get its shit together about this whole 'What's a catch?' thing. As is, the games are bordering on unwatchable anyway, garbage like those calls just makes it worse.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Have no care for the Stillers despite living in Pittsburgh, but the NFL is going to have to get its shit together about this whole 'What's a catch?' thing. As is, the games are bordering on unwatchable anyway, garbage like those calls just makes it worse.

For sure. Bad refereeing has made games unwatchable for me too.

Esports is growing in popularity because of this.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I seriously doubt esports growth has anything to do with poor NFL officiating. The growth of NBA, MLS, and other competing leagues? Maybe.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Home playoff game at Everbank stadium suck it Titans,Texans and Colts. 10 year drought is over