SNK developing many new fighting games, unsure on DLC...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
“Many new fighting games” are in development at SNK, The King of Fighters XIV producer Yasuyki Oda told IGN Latin America in an interview.

“We’re developing many new fighting games that we cannot announce yet, but we’d like you to stay tuned,” Oda told IGN.

Regarding whether there will be a new King of Fighters game or more updates to The King of Fighters XIV, Oda said, “For the moment we can not confirm or deny either of these two possibilities, but we are convinced that The King of Fighters XV will be a reality. At the moment we are not sure if there will be a new patch for The King of Fighters XIV, but it is definitely a possibility.”

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/snk-deve...ng-games-unsure-dlc-updates-king-fighters-xiv

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the update. There was a rumored Samurai Shodown game this year that I think isn't going to materialize at this point, but I have high hopes that it is one of the titles under development.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Port KOF XIV to Switch and Xbox One, dumbasses. Release it alongside a patched GOTY version of the PS4/PC version.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Especially given how well Arms and Ultra Street Fighter II sold on Switch.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
PS4 console exclusive, just like SFV and GGXrd.

famicommander

15 Year Member
PS4 console exclusive, just like SFV and GGXrd.

Street Fighter V is PS4 console exclusive simply because Sony helped fund the development of the game.

They did no such thing with KOF or GG. SNK and Arc System Works simply decided not to develop Xbox versions, and Switch probably wasn't even considered due to the sales failure of the Wii U.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I don't know about GGXrd, but Sony does have a console exclusivity deal on KOFXIV.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It was announced as a console exclusive simply because it was announced at a Sony event, but I've never seen anything on an official exclusivity deal or development funding. Lots of games that are announced as exclusives end up getting ported elsewhere like Rayman Legends. I don't think there's anything stopping SNK from porting it to Xbox or Switch except their own lack of manpower and/or desire.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
If it's stated on the game cover to be a console exclusive, it means the exclusivity is full (which doesn't cover PC). Otherwise, it could be a timed exclusive like Crash Trilogy and Ni No Kuni 2.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Expectations: Last Blade III; Metal Slug 8
Reality: SNK Card Fighters Pachinko Edition; Metal Slug Attack 2

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,

Exactly. Heck, at this point I'd be less surprised to see Neo 64 ports than actual new releases. They're probably porting that Beast Busters game over from Android.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,

At least we're talking about Fighting games. So no Pachinko :buttrock:

Hanging my expectations high one can dream of Art of Fighting 4 and Fatal Fury 9. But yeah, guess we'll end up with remix crap nobody needs.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Port KOF XIV to Switch and Xbox One, dumbasses. Release it alongside a patched GOTY version of the PS4/PC version.
Yep. They need an enhanced version to release on PS4 and the remaining platforms.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
"New"? Coming form SNK, this needs a more detailed definition.

Indeed. I'm sure this count includes projects like the ps4 Samurai Shodown V Special release, but it's likely there's more in store than just ports and remasters. Having the team move on to the next numbered kof is a good start though.

Last edited:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Remake of Fatal Fury Special with either Sonic Mania enhanced widescreen pixel art style or from the ground-up with KOF XIV CGI art. I just want NGBC dash to run style play mechanics and plane jumping like in FF2.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
A metal slug fps? That sounds interesting. I'd love to see where that would go.

Perhaps it's time for a true sequel to some games that didn't get them in the day. Magician Lord, Neo Turf Masters, etc?

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire

I hate to say this, but this is what most of us fear will happen. :/
At this point anything that isn't a mobile game announcement is a good announcement.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I remember when I first joined the forum kernow made a similar remark and I made a long ass reply explaining why Metal Slug should not go 3D :emb:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
SNK is always developing shit, quite literally.