SOLVED: 3 Count Bout MVS No Sound Issue.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
So I have a copy of 3 Count Bout MVS with no sound at all. Everything else is perfect in terms of function for the game. I have done the normal troubleshooting of cleaning pins and making sure it is the cart and not the MVS board itself. Beyond cracking it open and giving the entire board 2 cart boards a really good cleaning... is there anything else I should divert my attention to on this cart for a no sound issue?

I found an old ass post on here from 2003 about the exact same issue but no awnsers were found from it. (Link below)
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?68033-3-Count-Bout-audio-problems

UPDATE:Yup it was the M1 chip. Soldered a new one in there and it fired right up with perfect sound! Many thanks to the member here that got me a new M1 to swap out!

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Could be a faulty M1 ROM, or maybe ZMC chip. Maybe inspect the board traces and look for dry solder joints. After that I would swap the M1 ROM to see if that fixes it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Use something more aggressive to clean the contacts. Hose down your mobo's cart slot with contact cleaner as well.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Maybe too simple of a suggestion at this point, but it's worth asking if you tried clearing the backup RAM and re-seating the cart.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It's most likely the M1 that needs to be replaced.
BB

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I am leaning on agreeing with what people are saying about the M1 chip. At least it isn't surface mount soldering chip so that is a repair that I have the tools and skill to do.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Yup it was the M1 chip. Soldered a new one in there and it fired right up with perfect sound! Many thanks to the member here that got me a new M1 to swap out!

Last edited:

MackAttack

n00b
Thanks for posting this. I am having a similar issue with one of my games and cleaning everything hasn't helped much.

Last edited: