Hyper Neo Geo 64 + Buriki Oke booting issue!

StingerHU

n00b
Guys, I hope that you can help me on this cause I tried almost everything with my HNG64 system to bring back to live. I purchased a SS64 and Buriki One around january for my LVS-JAM Rev2 version fighting board. SS64 works fine but Buriki won't start. After turn-on, the following message jumps in:

"...Hyper NeoGeo64 system Log Reader SetUp Wait a moment..." - then a few seconds later I'm getting this message at the top-right corner:

8B/BA/D1 FC:F9 49601836

and nothing happens. Picture see here: https://goo.gl/photos/PCnCibaetTeEVyvC8 Game is not booting up.

What I already tried:

- removed and put the cartridge back to the board again, checked dust, damage- nothing suspicious
- tried to log on test mode but as the error message exists i'm unable to log in
- changed the bottom switches (JAMMA>MVS and MONO>2ch stereo) in various combinations

currently, I'm using JAMMA pinout and not using additional 5V. My board is a rev2 fighting board.

Any ideas? Is it possible that the cartridge is broken inside?

Another strange thing is that i'm hearing a moderated hamming/banging sound from the speakers-doesn't matter if i'm turning up/down the volume. I'm hearing the game sound/music but this "noise" is very frustrating. Could I get the audio from the 4pinout connector instead of JAMMA ? I'm asking because I have MVS boards and they don't have this kind of noise.

Thanks!

Last edited:

StingerHU

n00b
Okay so I didn't gave up - I cleaned all of the connectors and with a hard push re-seated the cartridge to the board. Buriki One started to work :)

But I still hearing the humming noise from the speakers. Cab have no issues at all because MVS board don't have this kind of noise.

Any ideas ?

TotalMoop

New Challenger
Not an expert but humming could be related to Power Regulator failing.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On the underside of the Rev2, make sure the sound switch is set correctly. If you have a multislot cab, it should be set to stereo, if it's JAMMA, set it to mono.

StingerHU

n00b
On the underside of the Rev2, make sure the sound switch is set correctly. If you have a multislot cab, it should be set to stereo, if it's JAMMA, set it to mono.

Thanks. Currently the sound switch is set to 2channel stereo as the cab is wired as a standard Neo Geo MVS (wiring is the same as here on the right: http://imgur.com/NFVH5yL). If I'm swapping the HNG64 to my MV1F 1 slot mainboard, i don't hear any humming or wasting but a stereo sound is fine.

Is it still possible to have issues with the power regulator ? (btw, pin14 which is the video ground is not wired).

Tomorrow I'll try to get the stereo signal from the small 4pin molex connector instead of using JAMMA audio wiring. It's possible that somehow the JAMMA harness is getting eletrostatic- or ground loop via/because of the power supply (not sure because in this case MV1F should produce the same humming issue...) I don't have any other idea...

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What power supply are you running? The Hyper64 pulls a few amps on the +12v line for the relay switch. As for the video ground, how is your monitor getting the ground if it isn't wired?