UFO 50 - New game(s) from creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Barons, Skorpulac, Madhouse

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Official Site

FAQ

Q. How big are the games?
A: In general, the games are slightly smaller than commercial 8-bit titles from the 80's, but rest assured that they are full games and not microgames or minigames! Completing the entire collection could easily take over a hundred hours.

Q. Who's doing what?
A: Each game has a director who came up with the core concept, but everyone on the team worked on games they didn't direct and helped with art, programming, and design.

Q. Are the games connected in any way?
A: The story of UFO 50 is that the games were all created in the 80's by a fictional company that was obscure but ahead of its time. They're all connected by a unique 32-color palette and other restrictions we decided on to make them feel more authentic.

Q. What kind of multiplayer is available in the collection?
A: All the games will feature a single-player mode, and roughly a third of the games will feature either cooperative or competitive multiplayer modes as well.

Q. What platforms is UFO 50 coming out on and when?
A: We're planning to release the game on PC first in 2018 and then move on to other platforms.

Q. How much will UFO 50 cost?
A: We're still deciding on the price, but we want it to be an easy purchase!

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
That trailer made it almost impossible for me not to buy that. I can't pass-up the opportunity to test out 50 new games to see what might be in there. Sounds fun.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
That trailer made it almost impossible for me not to buy that. I can't pass-up the opportunity to test out 50 new games to see what might be in there. Sounds fun.

YES. With all the hours I dumped into Speelunky. This looks great. I'll wait for the initial reviews though.