Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skycurser: Die A Hero - High Score and Tips Thread

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    Can't seem to get this to run on the Blast City or the Egret II. Any tips fella's?
    There was someone on KLOV who sold his because of the same issue. According to that thread, 12v is the issue.
    Dangerous! Most dangerous!

KING of teh SCOOPS!
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Master View Post
    Can't seem to get this to run on the Blast City or the Egret II. Any tips fella's?
    You'll probably need to send it back to them for a fix. Lots of people have reported issues with candy cabs, but mine worked with all my cabs out the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Krauser's Henchman

So, I was tempted to pick up this game with the current 15% off they are advertising, but I am still very apprehensive.

1) The game itself still seems incomplete.
    2) No interesting upcoming games advertised since this is a "platform"
    3) The price. More expensive than NGDev and so far seems less refined, although better than NGDev's first game.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSlug View Post
    So, I was tempted to pick up this game with the current 15% off they are advertising, but I am still very apprehensive.

1) The game itself still seems incomplete.
    2) No interesting upcoming games advertised since this is a "platform"
    3) The price. More expensive than NGDev and so far seems less refined, although better than NGDev's first game.
    The 700 is for the hardware and game. Games will be around 250 each.

Cham Cham's Banana

I would love to get one of these one day it loooks sooooooooo fun XD. I would play it on mame or something, but, out of respect for the devs i will not ever do such a thing sadly until i get my hands on one it will not be played yet.

Chang's Grocer

For myself, the most interesting fact about this game is its orientation: you don't see many horis these days. Hopefully I get to try this soon.

Hades Gate Keeper

I hate to be a hater, especially when I know one of the creators browses this forum, but Skycurser is not good. At all. It's extremely barebones. Being good at the game requires 100% memorization. It doesn't seem like any thought was put into enemy patterns or timing; it's just a messy onslaught of bad guys until you get to the boss. The stages have no diversity. One stage is just a repeating highway road. Another is just a repeating body of water. The game is simply not fun. The best things about the game are the name and the sprites (since I've seen a lot of retro style games create gross, period-inaccurate sprites). I feel bad for whoever dumped hundreds of dollars into this game and is now trying to convince themselves that it was a worthy purchase.

Krauser's Henchman

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    I hate to be a hater, especially when I know one of the creators browses this forum, but Skycurser is not good. At all. It's extremely barebones. Being good at the game requires 100% memorization. It doesn't seem like any thought was put into enemy patterns or timing; it's just a messy onslaught of bad guys until you get to the boss. The stages have no diversity. One stage is just a repeating highway road. Another is just a repeating body of water. The game is simply not fun. The best things about the game are the name and the sprites (since I've seen a lot of retro style games create gross, period-inaccurate sprites). I feel bad for whoever dumped hundreds of dollars into this game and is now trying to convince themselves that it was a worthy purchase.
    Damn, no sugar coating there. How does it compare to NGDev games?

KING of teh SCOOPS!
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

There’s plenty to love about the game but it’s not for everyone. I think a lot of it comes from people expecting some Cave level shit and the game isn’t that. It’s more like the shooters of the 80-90s era stuff. I like Skycurser mainly because it is simplistic in its design and doesn’t have some super weird scoring system. I mainly play shmups for survival, so this game is right up my alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Hades Gate Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSlug View Post
    Damn, no sugar coating there. How does it compare to NGDev games?
    I've actually never played an NGDev game. The visual style just never really grabbed me, and the high price tags didn't help. I would like to give them a shot if I have the chance though.

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    Thereís plenty to love about the game but itís not for everyone. I think a lot of it comes from people expecting some Cave level shit and the game isnít that. Itís more like the shooters of the 80-90s era stuff. I like Skycurser mainly because it is simplistic in its design and doesnít have some super weird scoring system. I mainly play shmups for survival, so this game is right up my alley.
    Itís lots of fun for me too. I donít regret anything about my purchase. I love the sprites, I love the Music, and itís the best looking wood cab I have owned. I exclusively played arcade games for several years so was refreshing to have a genuine new arcade game to play. Plus as mentioned, how often do we get fun horizontal shooters? If I tried to compare it to a gradius or progear I would have to agree itís not at that level of fun for me, but itís by no means bare bones and awful in my opinion. For a first effort thatís not even complete yet you have to admit itís Damn good for a game made by 3 unseasoned game developers.

Galford's Armourer

This game was made by an actual real life friend of mine and I do enjoy it a lot
    MAYONNAISE FARMER

JammaNationX

A review is a review, there's never going to be a 100% rating on any game ever. It's funny because his review is how I feel about KOF98, I fucking hate it while it's so loved.

Hades Gate Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    A review is a review, there's never going to be a 100% rating on any game ever. It's funny because his review is how I feel about KOF98, I fucking hate it while it's so loved.
    Funny enough, I don’t like 98 much either. I know it’s less broken than 97 but I think 97 is more enjoyable and less stiff than 98.

Thread Information