Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
juL7yoR.png

Fucking Awesome Gifs
Spoiler:
YhM8gsC.gif

PY4IZ1R.gif

OtFJKj0.gif

One weird trick to get a higher score! Thanks grendelrt!
Spoiler:

1) Stage 1 Boss, kill him with a three button super to get medals upon his death for multiplier
2) Stage 3 Boss, kill him by hitting his anchor back at him using the sword on his final throw to increase multiplier
3) A B A brings out second player to shoot with you , super bar has to be flashing but not full, increases multiplier
4) B A B bring out the second player to do a melee attack, super bar has to be flashing but not full, increases multiplier
5) ABC together does the large super, needs a full bar, turns enemies into food, food increases multiplier
6) Stage 2 you can umlimited press the sword super quick at the beginning to kill cars and stuff doesnt count for score

Skycurser is officially released!

I know some other people here picked up a kit or cab for their home, and others have played in the arcade.

It's a pretty awesome game with a lot of heart and character, and along with the Airframe platform is a huge achievement for the team over at Griffin Aerotech.

I wanted to kick off a thread to post high scores and share tips and tricks, so here it is!

[Score format: Player - Score - Stages Played]

Code:
1) grendelrt - 186,824 - stages 1, 3, 2 
2) Reclaimer - 59,044 - Stage 1, 2
3) radiantsvgun - 45,300 - Stage 1, 2
4)
5)

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Just got the game so I'm still trying to learn it, but I'll throw out a score to kick this off. (#1, :keke:)

Reclaimer - 45913 - Stage 1, 2

Spoiler:
vgu2Ddj.png

Edit: got a bit further:

Reclaimer - 59044 - Stage 1, 2

Spoiler:
LswNgcx.jpg

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
xavX0Rgl.jpg

Stages 1-2

Also trying to learn it, but not as much time as I'd like.

Last edited:

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I am at just under 100K now, I usually do stage 1 or stage 3 then 2. Ill have to grab my score next time I turn on my cabinet. I had a run well over 100K when the game random rebooted :mad_2: Some things I have learned so far:
Spoiled in case people want to figure them out on their own
Spoiler:

1) Stage 1 Boss, kill him with a three button super to get medals upon his death for multiplier
2) Stage 3 Boss, kill him by hitting his anchor back at him using the sword on his final throw to increase multiplier
3) A B A brings out second player to shoot with you , super bar has to be flashing but not full, increases multiplier
4) B A B bring out the second player to do a melee attack, super bar has to be flashing but not full, increases multiplier
5) ABC together does the large super, needs a full bar, turns enemies into food, food increases multiplier
6) Stage 2 you can umlimited press the sword super quick at the beginning to kill cars and stuff doesnt count for score

Edit: New High score, stages 1->3->2 106,878

4Y3xJpt.jpg

Last edited:

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Nice score grendelrt! And great tips write up.
Thanks =) I have been looking for some youtube videos on some high level play, but the best one I found was 400K on the old revision of the game. Can't watch those because the shotgun and katana are like twice as fast as they are now in the old revision. I emailed support about the reset bug, hoping they get that remedied soon, thats a pretty major bug to ship a game out with, its bitten me in the ass a couple times hard. I hope they increase the katana rate back up a little bit, feels a little too slow currently.

Edit: new high for me today :O
Stage 1,3,2
186,824 If I could get stage 2 down I would be so much better off :/
op3D03z.jpg

Last edited:

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Thanks =) I have been looking for some youtube videos on some high level play, but the best one I found was 400K on the old revision of the game. Can't watch those because the shotgun and katana are like twice as fast as they are now in the old revision. I emailed support about the reset bug, hoping they get that remedied soon, thats a pretty major bug to ship a game out with, its bitten me in the ass a couple times hard. I hope they increase the katana rate back up a little bit, feels a little too slow currently.

Edit: new high for me today :O
Stage 1,3,2
186,824 If I could get stage 2 down I would be so much better off :/
op3D03z.jpg

Here's hoping they sort out that reset glitch ASAP, it's pretty much ruined every run I've played. It was bad enough having to deal with the voltage incompatibilities during the original rollout and needing to send my board back for a revision, and now not being able to go through two stages without the game resetting is maddening. Hell, I've even had it reset while in the software settings. There's really no excuse for shipping the game like this.

In any case, I'll try to post some high scores this weekend.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Here's hoping they sort out that reset glitch ASAP, it's pretty much ruined every run I've played. It was bad enough having to deal with the voltage incompatibilities during the original rollout and needing to send my board back for a revision, and now not being able to go through two stages without the game resetting is maddening. Hell, I've even had it reset while in the software settings. There's really no excuse for shipping the game like this.

In any case, I'll try to post some high scores this weekend.

Yeah I've been having the same problem with the resets. Always comes in the middle of a good run too.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Yeah I've been having the same problem with the resets. Always comes in the middle of a good run too.

Yeah I had a run where I was at the boss on my 3rd stage with no deaths and it reset (have yet to do that again ha), I just stood up and turned off the cabinet and walked away. Hope they announce something soon about fixing it.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Updated- 45,300 Stages 1,2. Working on maximum milking on these early stages.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm so getting this game when they have it up again for pre-order. Fucking amazing game.

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Cool game but kinda short but I figure updates and newer levels can always be in future updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
No I mean for score comps, are all these 1cc runs or with 20 continues?

Pretty sure it's a quarter feed at this point. This is seriously the most ambitious and faithful shmup I've had the pleasure of playing in recent years.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
A 1cc requires the game not to crash after a few stages.
The local Skycurser still has this issue. :(

Or we can just say we are kicking so much ass that the game gives up, 1cc complete!

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I want to say the game only records the score of your first credit even if you do continue.

A 1cc requires the game not to crash after a few stages.
The local Skycurser still has this issue. :(

Or we can just say we are kicking so much ass that the game gives up, 1cc complete!

Patch released Thur to fix that issue, they are patching mine tonight.

Last edited:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Can't seem to get this to run on the Blast City or the Egret II. Any tips fella's?