White nationalists marching on UVa...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That may be true, but it doesn't mean a group (as cited Black Lives Matter as an example) then can ignore that "common" circumstance entirely. I don't think the majority thinks that Black Lives Matter can't get what they want because, in the past, they have propped up criminals as heroes or martyrs. When that argument is brought up, it is faced with backlash, rather than a response such as "yeah we are trying to work on that and here are some other things we are doing." However, even this isn't (seen as being) true and it is the fault of media reporting. People in that movement (at least in this area) do have those discussions and are not so quick to react to such statements, nor shift away and then go blame something else. The real leaders of these groups are well aware of the crime issue, the education issue, and whatever else because they are living in those communities and do try to make things work out.

And those leaders are not the ones who get the retweets, post articles on Buzzfeed and "The Root" or end up on the TV news shows.

A lot of the stress people seem to be having over these issues is due to blowhards on the internet.

So you're saying that if the blowhards didn't have their voices amplified, that the message of BLM would be pallatable?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
BLM is successful.

The Protests in Ferguson MO brought in the Justice department. They exposed widespread abuses and forced reforms.
Look at Baltimore. Thanks to the riots, there are now body cameras. Two officers have been nabbed trying to plant evidence.

It isn't complete social justice. But it is a start.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
BLM is successful.

The Protests in Ferguson MO brought in the Justice department. They exposed widespread abuses and forced reforms.
Look at Baltimore. Thanks to the riots, there are now body cameras. Two officers have been nabbed trying to plant evidence.

Body cameras have been game changers. This was one of the earliest requests of BLM and it has created accountability in police stops that wasn't there before. Now it is up to the court system in places like Minnesota to actually deliver justice when an officer is caught in the wrong.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
So because a racist club arranged for some body cams to be used suddenly makes them OK or what are you implying?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So because a racist club arranged for some body cams to be used suddenly makes them OK or what are you implying?

You know... keeping under my radar is one thing...

Hitting Wasabi's is another... you really are a dumbass...

PS. Don't say I didn't tell you...

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Condemning BLM because their members or victims had priors falls directly into the InfoWars narrative that ignores the fact that we have people like Jeff Sessions in place specifically to direct law enforcement to focus on the black districts that the GOP needs to disenfranchise.

I agree that those are issues that make it more difficult to find an 'ideal' victim, but there is a reason Rosa Parks was chosen, she was unimpeachable in her character, that may fall into some of the narratives but I also think it is important to overcome those narratives if they ever hope to gain widespread support. As of right now, BLM comes off much more like the Black Panther Party than MLK Jr. to quote-unquote mainstream Americans. My opinion of course.

BLM is successful.

I'd venture to say the rise in body cameras had far more to do with their growing cost effectiveness but maybe I'm just being cynical. We got them for our local PD last year and one of our officers, who was only working PT while taking a pension from his career police job in a large metro did not like them along with some other things which I would collectively call 'just being an old-school cop' and resigned, but many of the younger officers can see the mutual benefit for them as well as the people they interact with.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
You know... keeping under my radar is one thing...

Hitting Wasabi's is another... you really are a dumbass...

PS. Don't say I didn't tell you...

It was a pretty normal question not even directed at you. I'm not sure why you keep annoying me at every post.

xRETROx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It was a pretty normal question not even directed at you. I'm not sure why you keep annoying me at every post.

xRETROx

Because... I care...

Think of it like this... some members are expendable... and their removal from the scene won't make waves but sends a message out...

YUP... you are as expendable as it gets...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I agree that those are issues that make it more difficult to find an 'ideal' victim, but there is a reason Rosa Parks was chosen, she was unimpeachable in her character, that may fall into some of the narratives but I also think it is important to overcome those narratives if they ever hope to gain widespread support. As of right now, BLM comes off much more like the Black Panther Party than MLK Jr. to quote-unquote mainstream Americans. My opinion of course.

I'd venture to say the rise in body cameras had far more to do with their growing cost effectiveness but maybe I'm just being cynical. We got them for our local PD last year and one of our officers, who was only working PT while taking a pension from his career police job in a large metro did not like them along with some other things which I would collectively call 'just being an old-school cop' and resigned, but many of the younger officers can see the mutual benefit for them as well as the people they interact with.

In today's age of Alex Jones InfoWars, Rosa Parks would be defamed harder than anyone else. Look at last weekend when a woman got killed by vehicular homicide, and what springs up on the Ben Shapiro affilate sites? Stories about fat slut libtard hamster killed. You can sit back and pick apart the victims based on the stuff you don't like all day long in any situation. But why?

What I dislike is when any group tries to push another group down. We should be elevating each other, not stepping on the heads of "the other".

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
So you're saying that if the blowhards didn't have their voices amplified, that the message of BLM would be pallatable?

I don't think that people are opposed to what Black Lives Matter wants, I think that the methods are the issue.
In fact everything would be better if oppression would be removed. There is also some aspect of "stockholm syndrome" (It isn't the correct word, what is the word?) that I've heard some complaints from local leaders, whereas there is this movement to improve the lives of people but there are many people who are also fighting against that change and want to continue to live under the oppression. They talk a lot of frustration about that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't think that people are opposed to what Black Lives Matter wants, I think that the methods are the issue.
In fact everything would be better if oppression would be removed. There is also some aspect of "stockholm syndrome" (It isn't the correct word, what is the word?) that I've heard some complaints from local leaders, whereas there is this movement to improve the lives of people but there are many people who are also fighting against that change and want to continue to live under the oppression. They talk a lot of frustration about that.

It seems that the problem is that the people who could help most (white voters) often don't want to hear that some group has a problem regardless. Look at the NFL sports sites comment sections about Kaepernick - somehow these people have become racists simply because Kaepernick peed in the cheerios bowl.

Although there is a rumor that because the DoD sponsors the NFL, certain social media outlets are behind the vile and racist commentaries.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

Lithy I know you know how cops feel about cameras.

+1million about the unreasonable demands for an ideal victim.

Rosa Parks *intentionally* got herself arrested. She attended communist meetings and was a member of the Voter's League. She was a long-time member of the NAACP.

Project Veritas would be all over her SOROS CONNECTIONS.

Aside from his work, which would be (and was) called "race hustling," MLK was no angel, FFS.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Rosa Parks only became a rallying figure in Civil Rights in the first place because Claudette Colvin wouldn't have been acceptable to whites.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
White supremacy and the KKK are poisonous and evil ideologies. It is inherently evil to hate and terrorize people for being a different culture or race.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
White supremacy and the KKK are poisonous and evil ideologies. It is inherently evil to hate and terrorize people for being a different culture or race.

This is why I don't think the normal conservatives are attending these protests. Chants of "blood and soil" would make most of them turn and walk away. As much as people may want to preserve historical posterity, those same people need to fight to preserve their own identity as non-racists - because right now, they are losing it. A lot of once decent conservatives have been sucked into the bigotry by their own loyalty to a party that isn't being loyal back to them (or anyone except the extreme fringe).

I would like to see conservatives return to science and finance. This faith and whiteness crap has failed everyone.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
White people in rural areas keep voting republican and their lives keep getting shittier and shittier. Yet they keep voting republican.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Liberal Media is totally misrepresenting Trump's remarks.

The president didn't say that there were "good Nazis". In his "good people" remarks, he was talking about the people who weren't Nazis or Clansmen and merely showed up at a "Unite the Right" rally and marched alongside Neo-Nazis and Clansman.

I really wish the Media would stop misrepresenting the president's remarks.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Liberal Media is totally misrepresenting Trump's remarks.

The president didn't say that there were "good Nazis". In his "good people" remarks, he was talking about the people who weren't Nazis or Clansmen and merely showed up at a "Unite the Right" rally and marched alongside Neo-Nazis and Clansman.

I really wish the Media would stop misrepresenting the president's remarks.

Has anyone located one of those people who was marching alongside the Klan and white nationalists but not part of the "blood and soil" chants?

Hahaha

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is kind of like the 4th season of "Orange is the new black".

When you look around and are surrounded by shouting Nazis, time to get out.