Night Trap

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Anyone grab Night Trap from Limited Run Games? I managed to snag a copy of the standard edition right when it went up at 10 AM. Everything but the PC edition had sold out within like 2~3 minutes...because, well, of course it did, it's freaking Limited Run Games. They're selling a second set later today, though.

Really looking forward to playing this one again and seeing the video without the Sega CD compression. Also looking forward to some of the extras the game is supposed to have.

That Night Trap 25th Anniversary documentary from My Life in Gaming is worth checking out, btw. It acts as a really nice sequel to the original Dangerous Games making of doc from the 90s.
https://youtu.be/df2zptiviBo

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
was shit 25 years ago, is shit now.

You know shit is bad when old FMV games like Night Trap are selling out.

Now had they done a Road Avenger Sega CD version remake, that would be interesting.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Got the documentary from the my life in gaming guys and the pc version. More than enough night trap for me.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The only reason it's selling out is because flippers can make a quick profit on it. Because people are idiots.

Limited Run Games is shit.

The games they release are shit (Dragon's Trap exception).

The PS4 is shit.

Follow the herd and spend your money!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Now had they done a Road Avenger Sega CD version remake, that would be interesting.

Millenial hipsters buying this shit because faggots like metal jesus, alphaomegafaggot and other long haired, greasy youtube losers are telling them to.
Same reasons why people are buying the Jaguar or Cd-i, because the fucking nerd told them it's shit. hoho buying shit consoles on purpose, so ironic!
Night Trap has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
The only tolerable FMV game I've ever played was Gabriel Knight 2.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Millenial hipsters buying this shit because faggots like metal jesus, alphaomegafaggot and other long haired, greasy youtube losers are telling them to.
Same reasons why people are buying the Jaguar or Cd-i, because the fucking nerd told them it's shit. hoho buying shit consoles on purpose, so ironic!
Night Trap has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
The only tolerable FMV game I've ever played was Gabriel Knight 2.

True, alot of faggotry going on in retro gaming for sure. You can't pay me to buy a Jaguar or CD-I unless it's $5k. Don't even have the urge to download any emu's or roms for both those consoles.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
True, alot of faggotry going on in retro gaming for sure. You can't pay me to buy a Jaguar or CD-I. Don't even have the urge to download any emu's or roms for both those consoles.

If someone gave you $5,000 and said you have to buy a Jaguar you wouldn't take that $5,000?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
If someone gave you $5,000 and said you have to buy a Jaguar you wouldn't take that $5,000?

Yes I would and then I would put it on eBay the same day it arrived and profit some more.

I edited my post just for you bro.

Last edited:

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
i passed on it this morning. i'm seeing tons of butthurt, though, and it makes me want to grab one in the evening batch because it isn't hard to get their games

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i passed on it this morning. i'm seeing tons of butthurt, though, and it makes me want to grab one in the evening batch because it isn't hard to get the

Comparing shops, Limited Run Games seems to have a slightly better online store than Funko does. The buying experiences are about the same, but LRG seems to at least have a queue and can handle a massive influx better than Funko can, which tends to crash the Amazon Payment system. That said, they're both leagues better than that pile of crap MattyCollector website that Digital River ran for Mattel... *shudder*

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I like how the CE version just disappeared for no reason before 10AM. Im surprised I even got one. The dickheads on ebay have already sold a few of them for 160ish within the first 10 minutes. Scalpers paradise.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Won't even get mad at the scalpers on this one. Any dumb ass willing to even consider paying $160 for this garbage deserves to be taken advantage of.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

Road Avenger, Cobra Command, Time Gal and Revenge of the Ninja

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Is this the new Sylvie movie?

I'd pay good money for a Sylvie FMV game.

I grabbed the Blu Ray and the 7" but I doubt I'd like the game any better now than I did years ago. I'm sure this will be free on PS Plus at some point to remind me how bad these games were without having to spend good money on it.

What's next, Sewer Shark HD?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Road Avenger, Cobra Command, Time Gal and Revenge of the Ninja

Yeah, I'd love to see someone take the Sega CD dubs of those games and merge it with higher quality video. Even the PlayStation 1 ports of Time Gal and Ninja Hayate hold up well enough.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Just got the regular edition just to play it and sell it afterwards. Who would ever want a CE for this game?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
my fate would be spelled out in a sega CD fmv game, wouldn't it?

it was nice knowing you! until next time........... see you someplace, somewhere space cowboy....!!!