Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2017

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
/

Last edited:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I went 2 years ago, had a great time. Wish I could make that trip again but it's a long ways from the east coast.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am planning on going again this year. I went last year too but woke up pretty late and only made it to like the last hour before the vendors closed.
This year it will be different.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
This looks like the year for me, looking forward to seeing everyone. Have to hit up the new barcade for beers and bao buns.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
OK, this is pretty great to see that we'll have a decent presence of neo-geo.com folks at the PRGE. I'd like to organize a very casual meet-and-greet for the neo-geo.com community (just to say that we did it, meet some other BIG TYMERS, and garner some bragging rights over the rest of the forum members that can't make it).

OK, so what I propose is that on one of the days (maybe Friday night in the arcade) I will set up a sign in a corner so any neo-geo.com members can notice. I'll have a backpack with Rainer beers and a bunch of joints (when in Rome, right?). We can have a bit of a time with this kit, plus all the arcade freeplay.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Any ideas for what needs to be put on the sign? Images and text that really represent the forum.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Why not just gather at the windy or arcadewoks booth? We're right next to each other. We both have signage.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Just set up a projector screen with the dancing Rot video on loop

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Why not just gather at the windy or arcadewoks booth? We're right next to each other. We both have signage.

Will you have beers and weed for us?

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
no. but there is a dispensary across the street.

Tell ya what. You can host a party at your sales desk with a nice sign and sales pitches, but no beer, weed, or freeplay arcade games. I'll be the guy hosting the party with a shitty sign, beer, weed, and arcade games on freeplay.

In all seriousness though, don't you think it's a bit uncouth to attempt to insert your business into a by-community, for-community meetup? If you had something to offer us as a host then sure, but come on man. If you want to officially sponsor the neo-geo.com PRGE meetup then that's another story, but let's do it right so that we maximize the fun for the forum members! eg. you could offer us all a cool sticker or t-shirt or whatever. Any gesture of goodwill makes for a better community and increases the fun.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
seriously dude. go fuck yourself. we all just hang out.

dont you think its a bit assholeish to think im trying to sell you? i was just giving you guys a nice spot to meet up. last year we had like 7 neo members all just hanging out. no sales. no nothing. just chilling out.

i was just offering you an easily identifiable and large space to meet up and move on from. between quan and i we have like 30' of reserved space. nice assumption, assface.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Well that went downhill. We will be in portland, if anyone wants to dip out one of the days and hit a barcade let me know.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
seriously dude. go fuck yourself. we all just hang out.

dont you think its a bit assholeish to think im trying to sell you? i was just giving you guys a nice spot to meet up. last year we had like 7 neo members all just hanging out. no sales. no nothing. just chilling out.

i was just offering you an easily identifiable and large space to meet up and move on from. between quan and i we have like 30' of reserved space. nice assumption, assface.

Hey man, it may be assholeish, but usually it's the salespeople that are the actual assholes in my experience. I have no idea who you are. All I see is a store owner trying to co-opt a for-the-fans, by-the-fans initiative to drive traffic to their booth. The non-asshole way to do sales pitches to our community would be to offer something nice/useful. We're all paying an entrance fee to the event, and there are plenty of great non-store places to meet in the convention center, so a place to meet is not the issue.

Let's start again perhaps.

If you are still interested in hosting the meetup at your booth, please tell us why/how it would benefit the meetup. Maybe your store could sponsor the free beer and weed, or provide snacks, etc.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Well that went downhill. We will be in portland, if anyone wants to dip out one of the days and hit a barcade let me know.

Either way I'd love to go to quarter-world in the SE. It's a taxi ride away, but better gaming experience there over the currently neutered (because of construction) Ground Kontrol. General FYI.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Hey man, it may be assholeish, but usually it's the salespeople that are the actual assholes in my experience. I have no idea who you are. All I see is a store owner trying to co-opt a for-the-fans, by-the-fans initiative to drive traffic to their booth. The non-asshole way to do sales pitches to our community would be to offer something nice/useful. We're all paying an entrance fee to the event, and there are plenty of great non-store places to meet in the convention center, so a place to meet is not the issue.

Let's start again perhaps.

If you are still interested in hosting the meetup at your booth, please tell us why/how it would benefit the meetup. Maybe your store could sponsor the free beer and weed, or provide snacks, etc.

dude. for years now, i have always offered up my spot as a central meetup spot. At every convention i do. all over the country. why? because i get a kick out of meeting the other neo guys. maybe next time, dont assume the worst from a regular contributing member. you think i was sales pitching you? you have a lot to learn.

It's incredibly shitty that you want free liquor and drugs from me for the privilege of your company. I'm not trying to drive sales to my booth. again- get fucked. you've just let me know all i need to know about you. nice "do-over".

anyone else that isn't connor- y'all are more than welcome to use our area as a central meetup hub. no strings attached. if you were there last year of have met me at another con, you know what i'm all about. it will be great seeing (the vast majority of) y'all.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hey nooblet, if you had been paying attention you'd know that cdamm's business was spawned from this forum, and with him it's always community first. He's not offering a space to try to sell anything, everyone around here already knows what he sells and how to get in touch with him. He just knows that he has a space, and would like to hang out with some Neo dudes.

Okay, back to retirement. :keke: