Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2017

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Any pictures or video?

Any nice pick ups?

Did you see Cha chas (whatever the fuck that is)?

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I have a few picture I can share of the group in the next few days after things settle down.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Well, I guess I didn't chime in this time around about being at PRGE. Been busy moving, helping my friend out at the Xbox battle arena getting Xboxes ready, being sick, and picking up and delivering Quan's heavy boxes of shit, I barely got to walk the floor. Just enough to get quick glances at booths and chat it up with cdamm, bubz, and Quan. Didn't get to talking to Brad until the last day.

Also, great to finally have met Gabe as well. It's been a long time coming, bro!

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Hey I actually got to meet a few of members from here, but I only went for one day and didn't take the group pic. Bought a Japanese PS2 slim with Ibara and a few other games. I think I met lolifox girl but im not sure if it was him or not.

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
Bought a Mr. Do and mini marquees from Quan, a few SFC games from 16-bit, touched Chris's sticks when he wasn't at the booth (said hi to him later when he was packing up), talked to someone at the will-call booth who was carrying around a 1-slot board but didn't catch their name. Most of my time was spent doing various volunteer duties for the show. Still had a fun weekend.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
it was a great time. I even made sure my booth had free weed and beer, but connor was no where to be seen.

the only problem was that quan left early. when the main neo crew and some friends went out to dinner post show, we missed him so much. so when we took a group picture, i drew a lifelike pic of him on my phone so he can be with us in spirit.

BALCqE3.jpg

it didnt come out in the pic, but here is what was on screen:

RdSy6ll.jpg

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Y'all look like a bunch of salespeople. Seriously though, the pic makes me want to meet up with some people on here. Just not those east of San Antonio, in-state. :keke:

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Jesus, Cdamm, great shot of Quan.

I don't remember the hat, but the rest is spot on.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Jesus, Cdamm, great shot of Quan.

I don't remember the hat, but the rest is spot on.

He put it on when he was trying to sell my MV1F. I got a glimpse of it after he sold it.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Give me names so I can place da faces.

Pretty sure those are:

Who cares, who cares, who cares, cdamm, who cares, who cares.

Edit: That's going from left to right...

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Left side, back to front: Bubz, dunno, dunno (sorry, we weren't formally introduced)
Right side back to front: cdamm, nick (aka cdamm's slave), bradtemple87

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Left side, back to front: Bubz, dunno, dunno (sorry, we weren't formally introduced)
Right side back to front: cdamm, nick (aka cdamm's slave), bradtemple87

the two dunnos are julian and victoria. just good people. i think julian has an account, but hes barely here.

nick runs booths with me.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Anyone else here?

I'm still fuckin shocked ya finally made it to the show. Woulda bet good money you'd skip it again.

Great to have seen cdamm, bubba, and Quan yesterday.

Ok, I know I wasn't super awake for most of the show (I work nights and aren't usually awake during daylight hours). But try as I might I don't recall new peeps from the forum other than Beelzebub & loli on Saturday. Unless it wasn't mentioned to me that you were on the forum. Which I'm guessing is what happened as I did meet some new peeps on Saturday that weren't said to be on the forum. I feel bad that I'm not remembering erryone I met Saturday well enough...

Well, I guess I didn't chime in this time around about being at PRGE. Been busy moving, helping my friend out at the Xbox battle arena getting Xboxes ready, being sick, and picking up and delivering Quan's heavy boxes of shit, I barely got to walk the floor. Just enough to get quick glances at booths and chat it up with cdamm, bubz, and Quan. Didn't get to talking to Brad until the last day.

Also, great to finally have met Gabe as well. It's been a long time coming, bro!

Yeah, hardly saw you this year. Gotta fix that next year, even if it's just making it to one of the dinners after the show.

Y'all look like a bunch of salespeople. Seriously though, the pic makes me want to meet up with some people on here. Just not those east of San Antonio, in-state. :keke:

You should make it to a PRGE or MGC show. Good peeps & good times. I'd say that for me MGC is a little more of a social show while PRGE is better overall in my opinion. But I only made it to MGC once so far so I've limited experience with MGC compared to PRGE. So come on out to MGC in April, it's a bloody fun show... ;)

Pretty sure those are:

Who cares, who cares, who cares, cdamm, who cares, who cares.

Edit: That's going from left to right...

Harsh Jibz, harsh...

Four of these people I know, the other two I have no idea.

Which 4 does Pander know?

Last edited:

RyoGeo

Ok, I know I wasn't super awake for most of the show (I work nights and aren't usually awake during daylight hours). But try as I might I don't recall new peeps from the forum other than Beelzebub & loli on Saturday. Unless it wasn't mentioned to me that you were on the forum. Which I'm guessing is what happened as I did meet some new peeps on Saturday that weren't said to be on the forum. I feel bad that I'm not remembering erryone I met Saturday well enough...

My mess up, bubba. I meant bradtemple87, but I got screen names mixed up. . . which is sad 'cuz bradtemple87 is like . . . Brad Temple?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent

hell yeah! it was awesome meeting you too Richard! As well as Cdamm and Quan! I had a great time at PRGE and in Portland overall. Fist time ever visiting the city and it was amazing. I will be going forsure next year!

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Yeah, hardly saw you this year. Gotta fix that next year, even if it's just making it to one of the dinners after the show.

Quan texted me that you were at RR on Friday night, but I needed to get Xbox LANd stuff set up and also needed to figure out why half the consoles we brought for my friend's light gun duel challenge wasn't working right. Lemme tell you, Murphy dun slapped the fuck out of my friend and I throughout the whole show. Wasn't fun at all.

...but yeah, I'm definitely gonna make next year happen with you all.

You should make it to a PRGE or MGC show. Good peeps & good times. I'd say that for me MGC is a little more of a social show while PRGE is better overall in my opinion. But I only made it to MGC once so far so I've limited experience with MGC compared to PRGE. So come on out to MGC in April, it's a bloddy fun show... ;)

Well, you're closer to PRGE as well. I may have to hit up an MGC sometime.

RyoGeo

How's the vendor room at MGC? My primary source of fun at the retro shows is trying to find imports for various systems. The previous 2 years at PRGE saw a LOT of imports, but this year, they seemed pretty hard to come by. There were a couple return tables (Mad Gear, and another one that I forget), but not a lot mixed in with other vendors.

Anyone with some history at MGC on the availability of imports there? Talking like Jp Mega Drive, SFC, Fami, etc.