You KNOW things are bad in the retro game scene when...

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Is there anything actually worth owning on the Jaguar in terms of replay value and fun? Are people just buying this shit just to say they have it? I'm guessing so, I doubt they're scooping this shit up just to play some old shitty Jaguar games.

God damn people are retards, collecting for the sake of it.

It's been covered other times, but the short answer is yes, when not counting exclusives; and maybe, if just exclusives.

Super Burnout, AvP, and Tempest 2000 are some of my favorites.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Is Raiden any good for the system, or should I just stick to the Turbo port?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
It's been covered other times, but the short answer is yes, when not counting exclusives; and maybe, if just exclusives.

Super Burnout, AvP, and Tempest 2000 are some of my favorites.

AvP fucking sucks dude, WTF? I remember people telling me its the one game to check out on the Jaguar as it's exclusive to it. It's a shitty generic FPS on dated hardware. Fucking turd.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They couldn't give away Jaguar systems in the day.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fagits are clearly running out of fagit shit to buy.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Is there anything actually worth owning on the Jaguar in terms of replay value and fun? Are people just buying this shit just to say they have it? I'm guessing so, I doubt they're scooping this shit up just to play some old shitty Jaguar games.

Tempest 2000 is legitimately one of the best games I've ever played.

There are ports on other systems (Tempest X) but they fucked up some of the AI, power ups, and sound effects.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
It's pretty good, but if you have the turbo version it's probably not worth it.

I should probably just get rid of my system then... before people come to their senses.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I should probably just get rid of my system then... before people come to their senses.

Now is the time to sell Jag shit. But who knows, it could be worth even more in 2 years.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Tempest 2000, but you can play that on Saturn, PSone and PC too.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The only interesting thing the Jaguar offered was the cart medium... and a whole lot of missed opportunities along with an awful controller. That said, it's a great console, just as long as you don't play it.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
It's a shitty generic FPS on dated hardware.

Fair argument, but the same could be said about a lot of FPSs on a few different systems. It's about perspective, especially when there's not that many good games on the Jaguar. Haven't heard any complaints on Super Burnout or T2k, though.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
How did this fucking turn into a jagwank thread? Most retro systems aren't worth a wank, especially not the jaguar. That's like being a pedophile in the retro gaming world, fucking weirdos.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Tempest 2000 is amazing, the only reason to own a jaguar. Tempest 2000 Saturn wasn't bad and the PC wasn't bad either, I wish the series could be controlled with analogue signals. The time based actuator works great though, genius coding.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Does anyone expect otherwise? No offense to you directly, OP, but this shit is getting old about retro games and their prices.

#RealTalk

I hear you, and I agree - but seriously though...Jaguar?! Collectarding is outta' control. I expected some silliness on Jag games...but not ALL OF IT. It was just jarring to not pay attention for a couple years then check it out.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
AvP fucking sucks dude, WTF? I remember people telling me its the one game to check out on the Jaguar as it's exclusive to it. It's a shitty generic FPS on dated hardware. Fucking turd.

Thank you.

I remember reading about that game like it was the second coming. Even around 2000, it fetched a strong fee. I finally got my hands on a copy and clearly remember the overwhelming disappointment I felt when playing the title. Ok for 1994? Possibly. 2000? Very mediocre. 2017, complete shit. I could sit down and play Doom for a short period and still have mild fun doing it, AvP? No way.

Honestly, I feel the same way about Goldeneye...it's a mediocre FPS on extremely outdated hardware. It was popular when current, I get it. People that still gush about it to this day? I cannot understand that at all.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

AVP aged poorly, but it doesnt suck. Play any console FPS from that era. My brother and I put a ton of time into Zero Tolerance which was the best console FPS to that point. AvP is full screen. Great 2d sprites. Interesting gameplay. IT starts to go downhill when compared to PC. This game predates Marathon on Mac and System Shock on PC. People forget it's age.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
AVP aged poorly, but it doesnt suck. Play any console FPS from that era. My brother and I put a ton of time into Zero Tolerance which was the best console FPS to that point. AvP is full screen. Great 2d sprites. Interesting gameplay. IT starts to go downhill when compared to PC. This game predates Marathon on Mac and System Shock on PC. People forget it's age.

very true - it was the system seller for me when it came out. It blew away anything out at the moment - PC included. The ability to play as Alien/Marine/Pred was a fairly new concept as well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
AVP on PC is the only AVP game worth playing when it comes to FPS.