Your favourite/the single best level in a game you have ever played

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Probably my favorite level is the last battle in advance wars. It's very cool to control the 3 armies. But sturm's CO power is so cheap.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Q3DM17
Q3DM17.jpg

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Q3Tourney4 is a second place, Anarki's level. But it depends on the server configuration. It is not that great in the vanilla game.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
One of my favorite levels, for some reason or another is "What the Heck" from the original Earthworm Jim. May not be the best level, but it's always one that's stuck with me and is my favorite.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Contra III - levels 3 and 4. Seeing this through a five year old's eyes, I'll never be filled with this wonder again.

Ghouls 'n Ghosts - level 1.

Strider - level 2. From Siberian wilderness to Roboape to I GOT YOU guy to power station and eventually Balrog.

Mega Man - Elec Man stage. Shame there weren't more vertical scrolling levels in platformers.

Super Castlevania IV - first level, always replayable. When I first played it through component on the Wii VC it was crazy how much detail I had missed before.

Streets of Rage 2 - elevator stage, legendary.

Final Fight - level 2, subway. Sometimes I wouldn't move so far just seeing how cool the Mad Gear guys looked, sitting and waiting for me to show up.

Metal Slug X - train stage.

Gradius V - level 2, working side-by-side with yourself from the future.

Just some off the top of my head. Surely there must be more. I didn't say anything from Irem, or Treasure, or others.

Capcom always had strong opening levels, that's for sure.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...from Irem, or Treasure, or others.

Well, especially Treasure is known for their simple, not to say weak, level design. Great bosses, but no great boss-levels like R-Type's third stage. Thought out, but rather conceived as a short filler in-between boss battles. Dynamite Headdy might be an exception to the rule of being otherwise the polar opposite of Irem.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't have a favourite, but one I really enjoy due to atmosphere and music is second stage FF in the subway and on the train.

Final Fight - level 2, subway. Sometimes I wouldn't move so far just seeing how cool the Mad Gear guys looked, sitting and waiting for me to show up.

Mah niggah!

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
King of fighters 94 cd version against team Italy!The music is awesome!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This was what I thought of first as well, I don't know if I'd call it a favorite now but man I spent so much time on that level back in the day.

Sure as hell made me go out and get Sonic Spinball in the first few weeks it was out (Getting something on release date is something we just didn't do in my family).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How about the New Gettysberg mission on starcraft?

Demon's Souls - Tower of Latria. I think a screenshot of that place is in the dictionary next to the word "atmosphere."