Sonic Mania....

neomeo

New Challenger
I also don’t understand why one would want to run it thought a downgraded again. That’s what the RGB bob did. And this rig will cost you again hundreds of dollars. Hdmi to downgrader to pvm

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet
Finally a true physical release for Sonic Mania, Sonic Mania Plus, better late than never:

91ziv13XK-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Includes:

2 New Playable Characters - Might and Ray
All new Encore Mode
Expanded 4P Compeition Mode
Deluxe Packaging - Holographic slip cover, reversible Genesis Sleeve, 32-page art book

More info on Encore Mode:

"Sonic Mania Plus expands on the original game with "Encore Mode," which lets players experience the singleplayer campaign all over again with some visual changes and different ways to play through levels, according to a Polygon report. This is primarily intended as a game mode players can try out after they beat the game."

And if you don't want to buy Plus you can download the extra content as DLC for the original/base game.

Originally was $23.99 if you had Amazon Prime, now it's back to $29.99, doesn't release until August:

https://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Mania-...3481963&sr=8-1&keywords=sonic+mania+plus&th=1

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Glad I waited for a physical release. Xbox One / PS4 release is cheaper than Switch on Amazon, at least in the UK. Looking forward to seeing this in 4K with PS4 Pro / Xbox One X support.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Glad I waited for a physical release. Xbox One / PS4 release is cheaper than Switch on Amazon, at least in the UK. Looking forward to seeing this in 4K with PS4 Pro / Xbox One X support.

4k. Really man. Seriously, think about that statement.

1470734428-sonic-run-comparaison.png

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have it on Switch and Xbone X. It's the same damn game. If anything the scanline filter looks better on the Switch set to 720p.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
And yes, I bought it twice because I wanted to support the actual good Sonic game instead of being a faget and waiting for a physical version for my shelf that I'll never play.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
And yes, I bought it twice because I wanted to support the actual good Sonic game instead of being a faget and waiting for a physical version for my shelf that I'll never play.

Learn to use the EDIT. FUNCTION.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
DLC is looking cool as hell. Can't wait to get back into Mania.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I'll definitely purchase it again for the Switch physical version. Doesn't hurt to have the bonus content either.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Anyone know if a Japanese version is gonna come with a megadrive reversable cover. Might get One copy of each.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I knew this game was getting a physical release but gladly bought the digital version cuz I didn't want to wait. I'll be very happy to get a physical copy now.

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet
Anyone know if a Japanese version is gonna come with a megadrive reversable cover. Might get One copy of each.

"Sonic Mania Plus is coming to the Nintendo Switch in Japan later in July. If you are intending to get the physical copy of the game in Japan, you’ll be getting some more goodies on top of the game.

Some of the goodies include a 36-page artbook, an original 54 track (2CDs) soundtrack, a Sega Mega Drive style reversible cover, a special box, as well as, a copy of the game.

There will also be a special DX pack made available for ultra fans of Sonic out there. The DX pack will include a few more additional goodies such as a Green Hill T-Shirt, A Sonic Canvas Pouch, and 3 Magnet Art."

P2ciZCV.jpg

https://nintendosoup.com/sonic-mani...ies-to-come-with-additional-goodies-in-japan/

Last edited:

MC708

n00b
This is a great game imo, but some of the levels felt weak to me. I heat the airship level, hydrocity is very 'meh', and lava reef is nothing special. But there are some really good ones too - Press Gardens (I think that's what its called?) is my favourite. I'm excited for the new DLC, I hope its good but the new characters don't exactly entice me to buy it.