Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania....

Crossed Swords Squire

icon29.gif Sonic Mania....

Whatcha gonna do brother, when Sonic Mania runs wild on you?

The Sonic Cycle is OVER!!!!
    Last edited by JRedmond3; 08-15-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: countdown

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Anyone know if they ever decided to do a physical release for this one? I know xboxone and ps4 are digital only, but is the switch version digital too?

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Anyone know if they ever decided to do a physical release for this one? I know xboxone and ps4 are digital only, but is the switch version digital too?
    I've been looking out for a physical Switch release, but as far as I have seen it still hasn't been confirmed. I'd guess even if there was going to be one, it would be a while after the digital release, annoyingly.

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    There was a leaked pic of the physical copy ( er mockup ) for Switch, not sure if it was real though. There's a Collector's Edition for all platforms ( PC, Switch, Xbone, PS4) but the game itself is still digital only. It kinda sucks for the ppl who preordered the Collector's Edition if they end up releasing the physical copy afterward.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by MattBlah View Post
    I've been looking out for a physical Switch release, but as far as I have seen it still hasn't been confirmed. I'd guess even if there was going to be one, it would be a while after the digital release, annoyingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRedmond3 View Post
    There was a leaked pic of the physical copy ( er mockup ) for Switch, not sure if it was real though. There's a Collector's Edition for all platforms ( PC, Switch, Xbone, PS4) but the game itself is still digital only. It kinda sucks for the ppl who preordered the Collector's Edition if they end up releasing the physical copy afterward.
    Thank you both!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with J. Max, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by JRedmond3 View Post
    Yeah this "collector's edition" stuff without the game is dumb, I just haven't gotten around to cancelling mine when I heard there is no disc, I better do it soon then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.

Jon

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfakick View Post
    Yeah this "collector's edition" stuff without the game is dumb, I just haven't gotten around to cancelling mine when I heard there is no disc, I better do it soon then.
    This happens all the time now. I remember Child of Light and some other games having "Collector's Editions", but all you got was a bunch of merch and a download code. I guess our best bet for a physical release on a PS4 is Limited Run. They did Shantae, Dariusburst CS, Wonder Boy ... Why not Sonic?

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfakick View Post
    It makes no sense at all. It was just like Battle Garegga for the ps4, let's include everything minus the actual game. Maybe limited run will do something.

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with J. Max, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    This happens all the time now. I remember Child of Light and some other games having "Collector's Editions", but all you got was a bunch of merch and a download code. I guess our best bet for a physical release on a PS4 is Limited Run. They did Shantae, Dariusburst CS, Wonder Boy ... Why not Sonic?
    Based on their cock up with Wonderboy I hope not..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.

Jon

Crawley's Sergeant

This is a game that I'm actually excited for. It's not quite what I felt we were promised - a Sonic game created as if it were meant for Saturn - but we're getting some new content and mostly remixed content apparently. I'm fine with doing a new Green Hill Zone, but after that it should be a new game. Oh well.

Crazed MVS Addict

Forgot I even pre-ordered the PS4 version almost a year ago. Not sure if I want to keep it though. Eh....

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    This is a game that I'm actually excited for. It's not quite what I felt we were promised - a Sonic game created as if it were meant for Saturn - but we're getting some new content and mostly remixed content apparently. I'm fine with doing a new Green Hill Zone, but after that it should be a new game. Oh well.
    4 new zones, I think. The classic stage remixes seem to be fairly interesting though ( Green Hill Underground in particular, even though its inclusion seems to be getting the most criticism, aside from Oil Ocean at least).

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Reviews are in and they're really good! I don't think I've been this excited for a new Sonic game since Adventure.

The only thing that worries me is that no Switch review codes were sent out, only PS4 and XB1. I'd rather get it on the Switch, but I don't want an inferior version.

Host for Orochi

I don't think the Switch will get a watered down version. Or at least I hope so!

I mean come on, the console has been out for half a year and should be able to handle this don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    I don't think the Switch will get a watered down version. Or at least I hope so!

I mean come on, the console has been out for half a year and should be able to handle this don't you think?
    Of course. It's not a game that is going to push any system, but the fact that they didn't send out review codes to Nintendo sites just seems a bit odd. Also, the PC release has been delayed a few weeks, so I am guessing there is still a bit of work to do on that version.

I'm sure it will be fine. It just seemed a bit strange to me.

Host for Orochi

Yeah, let's hope the best for the both of us. I'll be in for the Switch version too
    Looking forward to play the game tomorrow then!

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

I got up early this morning to play a bit before work and it really was great fun. It's just like the Megadrive titles. I think you unlock a few new powers later, but at the moment it's basically the same as the first 3 games. I played through Green Hill and Chemical Plant, which were very nostalgic, but with enough new stuff to keep them interesting. I also played stage 1 of the first new zone, Studiopolis, which fits in perfectly. It really could be a level from one of the old games.

I'm not too keen on the bonus levels where you collect the balls, but they're the same as they used to be, I didn't like them much back then. The new UFO chaser ones seem interesting. I've only played a couple, and they've been easy and slow, but I'm guessing they'll get a lot harder as they go on.

Chang's Grocer

Here's the dashing launch trailer:

Mario Mania on it's way?

Crazed MVS Addict

Reviews are in and they're really good!
    It's about time! I am, however, annoyed that the PC version is Windows only. I'd be all over a Linux version on steam.

Art of Typing Wiz

Controls, Animation, Music, & Design. These guys fucking nailed it. I'm sure Naka would be impressed by this.

So awesome! I'm so psyched!

Crawley's Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Controls, Animation, Music, & Design. These guys fucking nailed it. I'm sure Naka would be impressed by this.
    He's still alive. (He's only 51.)

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Man a vita version would sell me on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Vice's Love Slave

I got up early this morning to play a bit before work and it really was great fun. It's just like the Megadrive titles. I think you unlock a few new powers later, but at the moment it's basically the same as the first 3 games. I played through Green Hill and Chemical Plant, which were very nostalgic, but with enough new stuff to keep them interesting. I also played stage 1 of the first new zone, Studiopolis, which fits in perfectly. It really could be a level from one of the old games.

I'm not too keen on the bonus levels where you collect the balls, but they're the same as they used to be, I didn't like them much back then. The new UFO chaser ones seem interesting. I've only played a couple, and they've been easy and slow, but I'm guessing they'll get a lot harder as they go on.
    That basically confirms the vibes from the Eurogamer.net review.

It's unbelieable it has taken this long, but I'm delighted to hear Sonic 2D is back on form. I'll wait and see if it gets a proper physical release in the next month or so, but if not I'll dip digital for this. Sonic 4 Episode 1 was pretty shitty, never bothered with Episode 2.

For the record, I didn't think Sonic Generations was too awful. It played alot of tribute to the Megadrive and Mega CD games.
    Last edited by madmanjock; 08-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Belnar Institute Student

I think the Switch might be getting a physical copy of the game but I couldn't wait that long and just downloaded the game. I agree with everyone saying sonic is finally back to form once again after sucking for what it seemed like forever. The levels are huge definitely reminds me of sonic cd in that sense but this game borrows something from all the 16 bit sonics.
    Insert funny sig here.

Thread Information