Rise of the Neo Geo Demo Scene

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Well it runs it with sound and everything but there are glitches in a few scenes.

That's because the VDP of your console differs slightly from the one this was written for. Titan have discovered undocumented debug registers and found out that due to manufacturing differences, only a third of the consoles can run it without the glitches.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Oh? I wasn't aware of any Titan stuff for the Saturn. Any links? As for Neo, I remembered reading through a thread at Sega16 few years back. Sik [a Titan member] and a couple of other knowledgeable members [Chilly Willy, TmEE] were discussing Neo capabilities. What started as a theoretical "can Neo do polygons" turned into several pages of interesting discussion with many interesting ideas. I really hope they will do a Neo demo one day, because they certainly know how to approach the platform. Plus, they did amazing stuff on consoles, including polygonal 3D on a WonderSwan. This year's Overdrive 2 for the MegaDrive was insane. I was so impressed with it, I bought an Everdrive X7 just to be able to run it.

Shit!! So impressive, 12 year old me would have lost my shit seeing the Genesis do some of this stuff. This would have been a great display of power during the console wars.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Shit!! So impressive, 12 year old me would have lost my shit seeing the Genesis do some of this stuff. This would have been a great display of power during the console wars.

Sega's console continues to impress. Homebrewers really did manage to produce some amazing stuff for it. We got a proof of concept Star Fox demo running in 3D, without any special chips. We got a Mario Kart Mode 7 type release, we got an amazing Wolfenstein port and now this, not to mention all of the homebrew games that got released in recent years. Sure, not all of them are on par with what Watermelon is putting out, but still. It just goes to show that MegaDrive could compete on the SNES level.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Sega's console continues to impress. Homebrewers really did manage to produce some amazing stuff for it. We got a proof of concept Star Fox demo running in 3D, without any special chips. We got a Mario Kart Mode 7 type release, we got an amazing Wolfenstein port and now this, not to mention all of the homebrew games that got released in recent years. Sure, not all of them are on par with what Watermelon is putting out, but still. It just goes to show that MegaDrive could compete on the SNES level.

I'm still itching to see what homebrew devs could push the Neo-Geo to if they can squeeze that much out of the Snes and Genesis.