Samurai Spirits AES running same attract demo kinda all the time?

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Maybe I remember wrong, but I thought I heard and saw earthquakes stage sometimes during the demos from my MVS cart back in the days.. but my AES cart plays the same demo stage (water) with haohmaru and ukyo every time.. they sometimes fight a bit different thou.. but still same stage over and over.. is it supposed to be like this?

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
is it supposed to be like this?

Nope. I have no idea what might be causing this, though. This reminds me of the issue reported in the NeoSD thread, where the attract mode would loop for essentially all games, because of the continuous save option enabled. Is this a original AES cartridge? Does the stage change if you power down your Neo and boot the game up again?

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Nope.. I tried rebooting and booting another game too.. but ss plays the same :/.. I did try it in mame also now and it's the same :S.. jap bios and mvs 1c bios. I don't have uni bios though. .

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Maybe there's a possible different romset that enables different attracts. Or even an option on the BIOS menu. Never bothered to look for that tho.

In my own experience, neither MVS, CD, AES - All sorts of region, my SamSho's play a different attract mode than the Ukyo/Haohmaru stage.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
AES doesn't have backup RAM AFAIK.

Mm i figured.. My fatal fury special cycles the different characters correct so it prolly the cart. There are actually 2 sets samsho 1 so I'll check the other set in mame and see if there are any differences :)

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
AES doesn't have backup RAM AFAIK.

Doh! I was tired reading last night and didn't see the 'AES' bit lol. I have seen the demo attract mode looping the same demo on the MVS, and in fact that's happening now on the Neo SD cart due to the BRAM auto backup feature I think. It sounds like that's just the way it runs on the AES - probably due to lack of BRAM, maybe they got lazy and the code related to use of BRAM to count up between demos wasn't done on the AES version at all.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I've tried my cart with my unibios on AES and it is just Haohmaru and Ukyo, every region, Arcade and Console. I don't have an MVS copy to test that, but the no backup ram thing could be the issue or maybe another rom set as said earlier in the thread.

Would MAME emulate the backup ram properly, though? On the romset Samsho it's just the same stage repeated as with my home cart.