Gamecube HDMi Video Adaptor.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Correction, it's a Super GameCube.

The Wii is literally a Gamecube with a higher clocked PowerPC 750 (codenamed Broadway), an upgraded Flipper GPU (codenamed Hollywood) and a newly added ARM9 CPU embedded in the Hollywood die that acts as a dedicated hypervisor of sorts, governing security, encryption and also running the System Menu and associated system files (called IOS). The only part of the Wii that makes it truly different from a Gamecube is the ARM9 CPU.

I would agree with that but like I had mentioned before, The Wii is actually worse then the Gamecube for a component signal.

video_05.jpg

This image comparison was taken from a thread over at shmups.com forums. While it can be argued that the Wii screenshot is out of focus, notice the shadow edges on the gold metalic areas of the Wii screen. There is clearly some sort of filter being applied to the 480p output from the Wii. Also yeah the Gameboy Player is a big thing for a lot of people here and a sole reason a lot of people still own their Gamecubes and hook them up.

I still disagree with the whole Super Gamecube thing because of the lack of Gameboy Player support overall. I like that it can play Gamecube games which is nice but I'll always prefer to use my original Gamecube for the Gamecube games I got for the system. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll play some Tube Slider.~

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
No response yet from the creator. This guy must have gotten slammed after that MJR video.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
No response yet from the creator. This guy must have gotten slammed after that MJR video.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he's gotten flooded. I want one but I'm sure it's going to be a long time before he'll have a full stock of these things.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Lots of opportunity with this, I wonder how long it'll be before we see someone else start producing these are something comparable.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I think it would depend how long it would take to take the info online and make their own, or get one of his units eventually and copy cat it to sell/undercut the guy because of the slowness to get them out. Someone will eventually exploit it and he'll lose his opportunity to max out his profit on his work there.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I think it would depend how long it would take to take the info online and make their own, or get one of his units eventually and copy cat it to sell/undercut the guy because of the slowness to get them out. Someone will eventually exploit it and he'll lose his opportunity to max out his profit on his work there.

I could swear the designs were already publicly available. At least, someone's reverse-engineering of the GC's digital video port was.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
It takes however long it takes. My logic is, I've waited 16 years already, what's another few months or more? I'm a patient man.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
It takes however long it takes. My logic is, I've waited 16 years already, what's another few months or more? I'm a patient man.

This right here. I wish more people thought like that but instant gratification is strong. One of the reasons I don't do work like this anymore is because people are way too impatient. Shit takes a while

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
So it looks the seller is responding to orders now. Although he open copied everybody on the same email. So, does this thing fry your GameCube or not? That link HMG posted makes it sound like it's not a well built device. Don't know if I should order now.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So it looks the seller is responding to orders now. Although he open copied everybody on the same email. So, does this thing fry your GameCube or not? That link HMG posted makes it sound like it's not a well built device. Don't know if I should order now.

Definitely not a fan of that.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

He may be responding in batches. I didn't get any email. What is the name of the sender on it so I can check my spam?

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Well...Metal Jesus just did another video. His Gamecube is officially dead.

Looks like we shall continue to wait for a safer option.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Man...that's kind of misleading though. I just looked up the video, the GC was dropped, while on and running, off of an entertainment center. So...did the device cause a short to active power? Yeeeahhh...kinda. Would it have happened had the thing not been KO'd off a table? probably not.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Man...that's kind of misleading though. I just looked up the video, the GC was dropped, while on and running, off of an entertainment center. So...did the device cause a short to active power? Yeeeahhh...kinda. Would it have happened had the thing not been KO'd off a table? probably not.

Yeah...looks like he is actually trying to fix the problem with another version, so I will definitely be waiting to see how version 3 turns out.

It's not likely to move around a lot if kept in place, but hell, I've been known to jerk on a controller out of frustration, or things get moved around while moving cables. It's not the death of the device, but definitely going to wait for now.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

dumbass bitch knocked the GC around and shorted it out, there are always "potential" ways to fry things..

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
dumbass bitch knocked the GC around and shorted it out, there are always "potential" ways to fry things..

Yeah, noticed that after I posted. I jumped the gun a bit on the post. Honestly...I want one of these things, but waiting until it's a bit more secure. (Plus, will have to get another Gamecube sadly.)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah...looks like he is actually trying to fix the problem with another version, so I will definitely be waiting to see how version 3 turns out.

It's not likely to move around a lot if kept in place, but hell, I've been known to jerk on a controller out of frustration, or things get moved around while moving cables. It's not the death of the device, but definitely going to wait for now.

Wavebird...bruh. Move around all you want...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Say you weren't paying attention and ended up putting that HDMI connector in the wrong way (apparently totally doable), that would also fry the GC.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

He's a fucking retard. Stop taking him as an "authority" on anything.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
He's a fucking retard. Stop taking him as an "authority" on anything.

In that review vid of his, at one point he opens the HDMI device, and the internals are kinda wrapped in kapton tape. The thing looks like a prototype, at best.
But this Metal Jesus dude says something like "oh you can tell the build quality is really good". He has zero qualifications to evaluate the quality of that product, but he's telling everyone the thing looks great.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I would agree with that but like I had mentioned before, The Wii is actually worse then the Gamecube for a component signal.

Just wanted to address this. Please check the pictures in this thread (GC, Wii, GC, Wii in that order)

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51789&sid=0c56c039e23654e129fa85251a75062b

The older/common Wii revision (RVL-CPU-01) is slightly more blurry than the Gamecube. The color saturation and overall clarity is exactly the same. Apparently, the post-2010 Wiis have the blurriness removed. Every black, red and light blue Wii with or without GC ports has one of those newer board revisions.

I don't know about you, but I'm gonna keep using my Wii with its $10 component cable and say 'screw you' to those scaplers selling GC component cables for $300+.

Last edited: