Gamecube HDMi Video Adaptor.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I haven't used my Cube in a long while outside of the Gameboy Player, but this is a must and I put in on the list.

No way in hell I'd buy a $300 OEM cable that it gets these days as the HDMI output blows it away. The sharpness on that Star Wars opener was stunning, it's like running the Dolphin emulator on the PC if you keep the resolution at a comparable level.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I haven't used my Cube in a long while outside of the Gameboy Player, but this is a must and I put in on the list.

No way in hell I'd buy a $300 OEM cable that it gets these days as the HDMI output blows it away. The sharpness on that Star Wars opener was stunning, it's like running the Dolphin emulator on the PC if you keep the resolution at a comparable level.

He wasn't comparing it to the component cable, he was comparing it to the composite cable which everyone knows is shit.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I know, but while component is better as I've tried it before along with s-video this is a whole level better.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

What are you talking about? It does the same shit, only thing is it's cheaper. He just tested it with a few games so you aren't even sure if it works with all games. To say it looks better than the GC original component cables is bs when he compared it to composite picture which everyone knows is shit.

I've owned those original gc component cables and the picture was fantastic. This guy is reviewing a product while never experiencing what it's like to play with the original component cables. If they did a side by side comparison with the component cables it probably would look identical.

They both are capable of outputting 480p.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What are you talking about? It does the same shit, only thing is it's cheaper. He just tested it with a few games so you aren't even sure if it works with all games. To say it looks better than the GC original component cables is bs when he compared it to composite picture which everyone knows is shit.

I've owned those original gc component cables and the picture was fantastic. This guy is reviewing a product while never experiencing what it's like to play with the original component cables. If they did a side by side comparison with the component cables it probably would look identical.

They both are capable of outputting 480p.

Plz don't respond to Tanooki, you might give him the impression that anyone here cares about what he says.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I just recently got those SNES component cables from HD Retrovision. I haven't tried it yet but apparently those will also work on a GameCube.

Edit: Ok I see they'll only work with PAL Cubes, and don't do 480p.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I'm saying the Wii is better value...
But if you just play Wii games on a Wii, you don't get to be a condescending douche on the Internet. Spending more money to play the same games is the heart of having a gaming PC.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
yes, because people only buy PCs to play gamecube games on it.:thevt:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
But if you just play Wii games on a Wii, you don't get to be a condescending douche on the Internet. Spending more money to play the same games is the heart of having a gaming PC.

Oh right, I completely forgot about that, silly me.

yes, because people only buy PCs to play gamecube games on it.:thevt:

Steam is never a selling point.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm saying the Wii is better value...

It can be cheaper yes but you forget on these forums people are willing to pay that extra scratch to have much better picture quality. The amount of people here who own PVMs should have made that crystal clear at the least.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
It can be cheaper yes but you forget on these forums people are willing to pay that extra scratch to have much better picture quality. The amount of people here who own PVMs should have made that crystal clear at the least.

I must be one of the 5 people on here without at least one PVM then.

Also Wii is not compatible with the Game Boy Player.

That is the Wii's only true flaw. Even the GC Broadband adapter has a software solution on the Wii (Devolution Loader).

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Wii's ports for the Gamecube controllers and memory cards aren't in an ideal location either. If you keep your Wii standing vertically they're all on the top, and if you have four controllers plugged into it the system can easily get knocked over while you're playing. And if you keep it horizontally all the controller ports are on the left side of the system, so you need quite a bit of space to accommodate the trap doors and controller connectors.

And it's pretty dumb that you can't navigate the Wii software menu with a Gamecube controller, meaning you have to keep a Wii remote with good batteries on hand even if you're not playing a Wii game.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Place the Wii horizontally with the GC ports facing forward. It's no worse than a CDX, Genesis 3 or PC Engine for side-plugging cables and what not.

Install Bootmii as boot2 (if you have an older white Wii), leave SD card with bootmii files inserted in Wii, turn on Wii, use Gamecube controller to select Homebrew Channel.

Or you could add Nintendont to the Homebrew channel/USB Loader GX and use a Wiimote + Classic Controller.

hqdefault.jpg

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
That seems like a lot more work than putting a disc in the Gamecube and hitting the power button.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I didn't know about this dolphin emulator but I'm going to look into it.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
That seems like a lot more work than putting a disc in the Gamecube and hitting the power button.

The upside is not having to risk scratching up original Gamecube discs, because you can run USB Loader GX from the Homebrew channel.

Or you can modchip a cube, burn mini DVD-R backups and use those.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
The upside is not having to risk scratching up original Gamecube discs, because you can run USB Loader GX from the Homebrew channel.

Or you can modchip a cube, burn mini DVD-R backups and use those.

I've got a couple chipped GC's and it really is a nice system...
The Wii mod is slowly coming along...

madman

I've got a couple chipped GC's and it really is a nice system...
The Wii mod is slowly coming along...

GC is almost as good as the N64. Probably the second best Nintendo system. Then SNES.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Fucking thank you!

P.S. You don't have to worry about scratching your discs if you're actually a responsible adult enough to treat your things with care. I've had my Cube and other systems for fucking years and I've never damaged any of my stuff. If you have kids then yeah it's possible they hadn't learned to give a shit about the stuff they own but as an adult, common sense should be more into play if you spend your own money on things you want to own and take care of.

Last edited:

madman

Fucking thank you!

P.S. You don't have to worry about scratching your discs if you're actually a responsible adult enough to treat your things with care. I've had my Cube and other systems for fucking years and I've never damaged any of my stuff. If you have kids then yeah it's possible they hadn't learned to give a shit about the stuff they own but as an adult, common sense should be more into play if you spend your own money on things you want to own and take care of.

Real talk, I don't think any of my CD media is scratched and that goes back to music CDs from the early 90s. Well, maybe a few that got dusty sitting upside down and got some surface marks from cleaning. Always amazes me when optical media is beat to shit. Take out of case, put in console/dvd player/etc, remove, place in case.