Gamecube HDMi Video Adaptor.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
So yeah a friend of mine sent me this link from Metal Jesus Rocks channel. I don't normally watch his channel a lot outside of a few things here and there but this was pretty much worth checking out.

Just from the video I've seen, The difference is fucking amazing. It only works on the original cubes with the Multi-Out ports but even so I have a feeling this is going to take off well. I've already decided I want one.

Even tho I own the component cables I'm seriously happy someone finally found a way to get past them.

P.S. It works on with GBA Player also which is just a cherry on an already awesome cake.

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I just got given a GC yesterday, but with no cable to connect to the TV. This would be a great thing to get hold of.

Wow, I just watched the video and that makes a huge difference!

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
P.S. It works on with GBA Player also which is just a cherry on an already awesome cake.

This I'd like to see, just out of curiosity more than anything. The GBAP runs on 480i on the cube when used with component cables, no 240p, so this leads me to believe the HDMI reproduction prolly shows as 480p? Nice and clean if that's the case depending on your TV I guess.

Funny thing, the Wii/WiiU can be hacked to run GBA emulation, curiously enough, none of the emulators run on 240p like the Wii can reproduce. Maybe it has something to do with the GBA pixel count?

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'm interested in this. I have a GC component cable that I've modded to do component/15hz rgb/31hz vga and out of the three component looks best for some very strange reason so I'd like to see how this compares

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
GC Component running on a 480p CRT looks real nice with progressive scan, not all games support this. Same goes for OGXBOX, 480p CRT looks great with titles like Outrun 2, DOA, Ninja Gaiden and so on. The XBOX VGA looks awesome but again only some games support 480p.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Where can I buy this? The YouTube video has a link to his site, but I don't see any options for buying.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Where can I buy this? The YouTube video has a link to his site, but I don't see any options for buying.

there is a form to fill out and you will be contacted

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This is pretty neat but i didn't want to pay $80 for the component cables years ago, not going to spend $100+ now.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This adapter was an inevitability since they cracked the digital port. I've been waiting for someone to make this!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
This is cool, but I don't have that kind of money for one right now. Hopefully he makes these for a while.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
This I'd like to see, just out of curiosity more than anything. The GBAP runs on 480i on the cube when used with component cables, no 240p, so this leads me to believe the HDMI reproduction prolly shows as 480p? Nice and clean if that's the case depending on your TV I guess.

Funny thing, the Wii/WiiU can be hacked to run GBA emulation, curiously enough, none of the emulators run on 240p like the Wii can reproduce. Maybe it has something to do with the GBA pixel count?

With homebrew you can run the gba player in 240p. They even tweaked it better so there is less stuttering and it works on modless gamecubes via an exploit.

I think the guy is working on a better way to have less stress on the digital video port of the GC. At least when reading over at shmups there was a lot of concern over how much weight and torque was being applied to the gc digital port.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Very nice, this has got me considering selling my component cable now...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
With homebrew you can run the gba player in 240p. They even tweaked it better so there is less stuttering and it works on modless gamecubes via an exploit.

I think the guy is working on a better way to have less stress on the digital video port of the GC. At least when reading over at shmups there was a lot of concern over how much weight and torque was being applied to the gc digital port.

Sounds like something to keep our tabs on. I heard about it before, apparently is a disc driven soft mod for the GBAP?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Booting_Homebrew

There are more ways to do it, but usually the easiest way is for people to get a Datel SD Media Launcher action replay (you need the SD card to memory card adapter, not all versions come with it) and load Swiss on the SD card (not all sd cards work, but most under 4gb do).

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1375

It takes literally 15 seconds to solder a Xeno. You don't even need any wires. Why mess around with CPU-side exploits? :scratch:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
You don't even need any wires

I've tried XenoGC with no wires, the flux in my solder tends to sandwich between the XenoGC board and the GC drive board, which being slightly conductive usually makes the patching fail. I just install mine with wires so everything is squeaky clean and flux free.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

I've used Retroarch on Wii to run GBA in 240p.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Seems kinda silly to pay more for a cable than what the console is worth. I'm staying. Enjoying my s-video.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Seems kinda silly to pay more for a cable than what the console is worth. I'm staying. Enjoying my s-video.

Yeah s-video on a PVM, its really hard to justify pay $50+ for any kind of cable.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I caught this video this morning and filled out the form right away. My wife went "Holy shit! That difference is crazy!", and with no lag to boot. The GC gets played pretty heavily in our house, so def worth it...and I'll second the GBAP support as the icing.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I caught this video this morning and filled out the form right away. My wife went "Holy shit! That difference is crazy!", and with no lag to boot. The GC gets played pretty heavily in our house, so def worth it...and I'll second the GBAP support as the icing.

If you didn't need Game Boy Player support, wouldn't you just use a Wii? It's got component built-in.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
If you didn't need Game Boy Player support, wouldn't you just use a Wii? It's got component built-in.

True, but apparently gamecube has better video output (looks close enough to me). The bigger issue is the pain in the ass of going through the Wii menu and having a wiimote handy any time you want to play a gamecube game.