Mueller impanels grand jury

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
When Grandkiddy 2 let's out wind... or hear anyone else do it... he just repeats the word "Trump"...

This has nothing to do with the potential upcoming fubar... but I just found it amusing...

xROTx

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
When Grandkiddy 2 let's out wind... or hear anyone else do it... he just repeats the word "Trump"...

This has nothing to do with the potential upcoming fubar... but I just found it amusing...

xROTx

:lolz::lolz::lolz:

That's some funny shit right there!

Marek

Banned
Any idea on a typical timeline?

Seth Abramson posted a tweetstorm about the timeline. It's basically 10 phases and we're on the second, which takes the longest.

He estimates 12-18 months but trump will be out guaranteed. he also assumes Pence will pardon him, or attempt to.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Typically this means that an indictment is coming, perhaps more than one.

The article I read in the paper said the grand jury is usually used as a pressure tactic to get certain key witnesses to give the information up, and that it doesn't mean the indictment is coming any time soon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The article I read in the paper said the grand jury is usually used as a pressure tactic to get certain key witnesses to give the information up, and that it doesn't mean the indictment is coming any time soon.

The grand jury is empowered to issue subpoenas for testimony to determine whether a violation of the law has occurred. Not sure how this is a pressure tactic (like can you imagine "give me the information or I'll subpoena you"? Just subpoena the person and hold them in contempt when they don't produce the evidence. Lawyers usually ask questions when they already know the answers.), or simply a common piece of American criminal procedure to help fact seekers accomplish the evidence collection. A prosecutor isn't going to seek a GJ unless they have a compelling reason to, and that compelling reason has to compel at least 12 people.