Statue of Liberty - according to Trump team

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
On Wednesday we saw the fallout of the Stephen Miller presser on tightening immigration. Jim Acosta went after Miller in a heated exchange. The result was very strange - Stephen Miller became the champion of anti-semitism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-statue-of-liberty/?utm_term=.87cbcfae4504

The result was a lot of people either defending the poem "give me your tired", and a lot more people firing back attacks on the writer's jewishness. Regardless of whether a person cares about immigration, it seemed that this initiative was driven not by "giving americans a raise", as the Tom Cotton (a very hardcore xenophobe) doublespeak claimed, but to provide the lulz for stormfront members.

The article above has the tweets and screen caps from the comment exchanges.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
To be fair, the Statue of Liberty wasn't even meant for the US. It was a regift. France offered it to Egypt and they said no thanks, so France offered it to us.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Not sure why white supremacists haven't abandoned Christianity for the norse gods. They can have a celebration of Die Nibelungen.

That would imply they're smart enough to realize that those Middle Ages/Renaissance era paintings of pasty Euro-Jesus aren't photorealistic portrayals.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
That would imply they're smart enough to realize that those Middle Ages/Renaissance era paintings of pasty Euro-Jesus aren't photorealistic portrayals.

The Byzantine rite has a lot more ethnic diversity in its iconography than the Roman rite.

Huh. I learned something. I didn't know that poem was not part of the gift of Lady Liberty.

So now we're just anti-immigration, even though 95% of us are either descendants of slaves, or immigrants.

This country, man.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
There's a lot of Norse worship in that scene, not kidding. But christianity is easier to exploit.

This. I recall watching an episode or MSNBC's Lockup where the white supremacist gang in the prison was talking about worshiping Thor and shit and had his hammer, Mjolnir, hanging around their necks. I believe the interviewer asked one of the guys if they'd be fine with a black man joining their religion and they didn't have a good answer for that one.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
This. I recall watching an episode or MSNBC's Lockup where the white supremacist gang in the prison was talking about worshiping Thor and shit and had his hammer, Mjolnir, hanging around their necks. I believe the interviewer asked one of the guys if they'd be fine with a black man joining their religion and they didn't have a good answer for that one.

i saw that episode. they told the officers "of course a black man could join". now what they say vs what they do are two different things.