Thread: Anyone into dev/proto hardware?

Another Striker

icon15.gif Anyone into dev/proto hardware?

IMG_20170802_180237.jpg

Excuse the shitty picture and the obvious lack of space to display my collection, here are the dev systems and one proto I've acquired over the years.

PS3 proto containing the Vertigo mobo with ribbon cable

Wii and Gamecube dev systems
    PS2 Tool
    PS3 Tool
    xbox debug kit
    PS2 Test

Neo Bubble Buster

nice collection, their was some Wii U kiosks that sold recently for quite cheap, would you go nice with the other stuff you have there if you can drop on one
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Sho's Rival

I've always wanted a 3DO M2 kiosk system. Close to unreleased as you can get really. Never came across one though

Crawley's Sergeant

Cool stuff. I love looking at the photos but these are usually above my budget. Plus, most dev kits don't play retail releases, right?

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Cool stuff. I love looking at the photos but these are usually above my budget. Plus, most dev kits don't play retail releases, right?
    If you find them right, they can usually be found for $200-300 depending. The PS3 tool can run anything after flashing a custom boot tool...I even have emulators running on it. The dolphin can only run proprietary hard drives containing games but I also have a SCSI card that enables running images directly from a host PC.

PS2 tool is my favorite, it can run retail games and debugs in realtime with a second cpu/mobo running Linux

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything interesting on the hard drives

Quote Originally Posted by awbacon View Post
    I've always wanted a 3DO M2 kiosk system. Close to unreleased as you can get really. Never came across one though
    I wish I was lucky enough to own an M2 proto

Another Striker

Figured I would add some pics of the PS3 proto. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated, it appears to be a proto of a later revision that has a ribbon cable running outside the case. Upon receiving it with the warranty seal intact, i removed it to investigate. Oddly there are strange engravings inside the shell. I have come across one other person in possession of this model proto but have not found much info aside.
    IMG_20151119_175743.jpg
    IMG_20151125_210024.jpg
    IMG_20151125_211339.jpg
    IMG_20151125_213216.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by peterr928 View Post

PS2 tool is my favorite, it can run retail games and debugs in realtime with a second cpu/mobo running Linux

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything interesting on the hard drives
    I have a friend with a PS2 Tool... any idea if you can image the spinning drive to an SSD to preserve the original drive? Or does the drive have some custom firmware flashed to it?

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Neccros007 View Post
    I have a friend with a PS2 Tool... any idea if you can image the spinning drive to an SSD to preserve the original drive? Or does the drive have some custom firmware flashed to it?
    While I haven't personally tried a SSD (you would need an IDE SSD btw), I've had success dumping images from the tool HDD to my Windows PC. I'm drawing a blank on which software I used to pull the image, but it's certainly possible. If your friend is interested, I would be happy to trade HDD images.

Quote Originally Posted by peterr928 View Post
    While I haven't personally tried a SSD (you would need an IDE SSD btw), I've had success dumping images from the tool HDD to my Windows PC. I'm drawing a blank on which software I used to pull the image, but it's certainly possible. If your friend is interested, I would be happy to trade HDD images.
    they make PATA to SATA adapters that work decent

Thread Information