Thread: Any known tutorials for translation

War Room Troll

Any known tutorials for translation

I was thinking I would like to see if I could dust some rust off my Japanese and try and translate a game for the NGPC, maybe Rockman as there's not much there.

I know there are some tools around, but not really familiar with the how to on that stuff anymore to where I can extract the Japanese script from the game so I can get started on it.

20 years back I used to do this using an old DOS hex editing tool on Windows emulators from Japan for the NES among a few things and did pretty well tweaking menus but this is a bit more complicated.

Thinks NG.com Is Shit.
    Likes the Market Place Tho.
    Oh.. Fuckin' wait! xROTx

There is an unfinished translation posted on romhacking, but I doubt the author is going to take it any further. Would be great to get the storyline translated: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/84/

Baseball Star Hitter

I have rockman fully translated, i just need to redo the graphics to make them "pretty".

I provided you tool names in your last PM, those should help you along. I can run you through the basics over skype or something if you want.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

Thread Information