Neo games 67% off on GOG

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I never knew people bought shitty emu ports and then wasted their time extracting the ROM to legally own it, are the ROM police knocking on doors now?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I never knew people bought shitty emu ports and then wasted their time extracting the ROM to legally own it, are the ROM police knocking on doors now?

This.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,

To me it's more about supporting the brand, while still being able to play on the original hardware. Since the launch of NeoSD, anyway. SNK is not getting a penny if you buy an overpriced cartridge on eBay.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
To me it's more about supporting the brand, while still being able to play on the original hardware. Since the launch of NeoSD, anyway. SNK is not getting a penny if you buy an overpriced cartridge on eBay.

Supporting the brand lol. Support the brand when they put some work into releasing new stuff not by buying the same old games that have been released over and over again. Ohh please.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Supporting the brand lol. Support the brand when they put some work into releasing new stuff not by buying the same old games that have been released over and over again. Ohh please.

I'm not exactly getting poorer when I'm buying already cheap games at ~70% discount. I do support SNK each time they release new stuff I actually care about. I bought Samsho Sen, I bought that 3D Metal Slug game on PS2, and I bought Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii to play MS6. I don't mind buying some of these games several times over, if the price is low enough. Garou for $1.20? Sure, I'll try it out on an android device, because I can't be bothered to shuffle ROM files around and to configure an emulator. If it turns out it's a shit port, oh well. I'm not going to cry over $1.20.

I don't do it EVERY time SNK titles get a new release. I'm still waiting for a price drop of Samsho V on PS4. I'm also hoping for some kind of a complete release of the latest KoF game, with all of the DLC. I did get the launch release, but I'm not going buying into this trickle release model. All or nothing, thanks.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not exactly getting poorer when I'm buying already cheap games at ~70% discount. I do support SNK each time they release new stuff I actually care about. I bought Samsho Sen, I bought that 3D Metal Slug game on PS2, and I bought Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii to play MS6. I don't mind buying some of these games several times over, if the price is low enough. Garou for $1.20? Sure, I'll try it out on an android device, because I can't be bothered to shuffle ROM files around and to configure an emulator. If it turns out it's a shit port, oh well. I'm not going to cry over $1.20.

I don't do it EVERY time SNK titles get a new release. I'm still waiting for a price drop of Samsho V on PS4. I'm also hoping for some kind of a complete release of the latest KoF game, with all of the DLC. I did get the launch release, but I'm not going buying into this trickle release model. All or nothing, thanks.

Shuffle Rom files? You put the roms in the roms folder, click on the .exe emulator file, select the game you want to play, done.

I've re-purchased games I own on original format in the past as well but I just don't understand when people keep re-purchasing the same game in digital format. How many times do you have to purchase Metal Slug or Garou Mark of the Wolves. Some people have the steam version of a Neo Geo game and will purchase it because GOG has a sale on games that no one buys at regular price.

You call it support. I just call it stupidity. At least the physical releases you buy, you could sell when a new and improved version of the same game comes out on a different platform. I understand it's only $1 but it's $1 you just threw away. Add up all the $1 you spent on pointless re-purchases of the same game, shit adds up. Just my point of view. You could keep buying the same game over and over till your blue in the face, fuck if I care.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Some people have the steam version of a Neo Geo game and will purchase it because GOG has a sale on games that no one buys at regular price.

Yeah, well ... I'm not re-purchasing digital games religiously, but I will admit to buying a GOG game, despite owning a DotEmu release. I did that purely out of curiosity, to see if they used the same ROM data and structure, and to compare the quality of the emulation. It cost me less than $2, by the way. And interestingly enough, they weren't the same. I don't remember which, but one of the releases had the data from original ROMs mixed and merged. Everything was still there, but it wasn't usable with a Neo emulator or NeoSD without modification.

But this isn't out of the oridinary. PS2 compilations had the data packed in a custom compression format, rather than having raw data out in the open. It's not often you get raw data, which is a shame, because if Samsho V on PS4 made some improvements and fixes, I'd sure like to have that data ported over to the Neo, via NeoSD.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
When you're thinking the way you do you need a big cold beer and the best cold beer is VIC!