Thread: Neo games 67% off on GOG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another Striker

Neo games 67% off on GOG

I hear the ports are pretty terrible, but I saw this on Twitter and thought I'd share. Blazing Star doesn't get much cheaper than this.

https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=snk...ularity&page=1

P.S. - Blazing Star is apparently single player only with no controller support. Only keyboard. LOL

Is it possible to extract the rom and use it in some other Emu ?
    SNK the future is now

Ukyo's Doctor

But why would you pay for a rom/emu pack? Seems silly.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

Yes seems silly, but then u can legally use the Roms in any emulator or Neo SD.

BTW i checked some. you will need to download the MAC OS files under goodies. Within you will find the Neo-Geo Bios and also the Roms in a zip file. Some games however dont offer this.
    SNK the future is now

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster View Post
    Yes seems silly, but then u can legally use the Roms in any emulator or Neo SD.
    I've done this on more than one occasion. I've actually extracted Shantae from a 3DS Virtual Console title. Feels kind of cool to be able to extract the ROM and play it on a regular GBC. Plus, it's better than shelling out an obscene amount of money for the original. Virtual Console titles are good this way. They all use original ROMs, so as long as you can extract them, you're good to go.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Not too bad, best cut yet for the site. Shame they have like 15 of the 23 games that got stuffed into that Neo Geo 25th package that humble bundle did. It would be nice to see the rest put up in a future update, better, new stuff that wasn't done so far. I picked up the original bundle not because the emulation was nice, but wanted to own the ROM sets too.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Thread Information