Team Shinsuke Tribute Bike

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
A couple of weeks back I received an email from GT Performance Engineering with a link to their recently painted Honda RC45 - turns out their race bike had been painted in the team Shinsuke colours/design.

They also let me know they would be at Donington Park (UK) for the 1000km 8 hour endurance race this weekend. I couldn't pass up the opportunity so headed to the circuit yesterday. The team were happy for me to stay in the pits and observe the race from the pit wall. They are racing again at Donington in October.

HggtjZo.jpg

wkVSLkI.jpg

t4JqmLy.jpg

yQniq1b.jpg

vcOF0hc.jpg

ez6ePBQ.jpg

dserj4I.jpg

Bzi89na.jpg

GT Performance Engineering website:
https://performance-engineering.co.uk/

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Pretty cool, quick search on the internets gave me a pic of the original bike on neobomberman's old site, haven't been on that in loooong time

racing-5.jpg

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Nice bike! Probably costs less than some AES titles. Probably gets you more tinder dates too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
very nice.

but from their perspective: why?

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
very nice.

but from their perspective: why?

Every time the bike gets dropped and damaged badly they respray it. As they race in the 8-hours endurance and run period bikes, they go for a design that was run by one of the teams in the Suzuka 8 hour races. The bike was previously sprayed up with the 'Cup Noodle' sponsorship:

vjfN5ep.jpg

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
That's already a sick bike without the SNK designs on it! I'd learn how to ride a motorcycle just for something like this... and probably injure myself doing so, hah. Still, good stuff!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
What does your wife think?
It's raining. I don't have a wife.

Every time the bike gets dropped and damaged badly they respray it. As they race in the 8-hours endurance and run period bikes, they go for a design that was run by one of the teams in the Suzuka 8 hour races. The bike was previously sprayed up with the 'Cup Noodle' sponsorship:
Ah, nice. Thanks for explaining. Lots of work but worth it imho. They should've done two and sold one :glee: