Happy 25th anniversary to... WORLD HEROES!

FBX

Quiz Detective
World Heroes showed up at the Circle K just down the street from where I lived in 1992. I lived in a very small town, so I would go to the Circle K in the middle of the night with a pair of headphones and play the shit out of the Neo Geo 4-slot they had there. It wasn't long before I dominated on World Heroes, and quite honestly it was really easy to beat the computer using Dragon. Then later I got deadly with Brocken against other human opponents. In spite of its rather simplistic design, I have a lot of fond nostalgia feelings for the game now.

TopTierArcade

Zero's Secretary
Such a great series and why World Heroes has a permanent spot in Slot 4 of my Neo Geo 6 Slot. I still remember the first time I played it in '92 and everyone in the arcade talking about how this was the Street fighter 2 killer and how Hanzo was the Neo-Geo's "Ryu" and Fuuma was the Neo-Geo's "Ken." Although I like to play World Heroes 2 more, I have great memories for the first one.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I still bust out WH2 on the AES, every once in a while. The JPN version is very inexpensive to buy, even today.

I like how you can return projectiles back to the sender (by pushing back at just the right time). The first time I did it was by accident, lol.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
The first time I played World Heroes was for the SNES. Got a bunch of games from my dad's friend who had a kid that didn't want them anymore. World Heroes was one of the ones in the box and I remember playing it and liking it. The thing that really sold me on the game was how ridiculous and over the top Muscle Power was and his spinning back breaker move taking away like a third of your health.

What was one of his quotes?

"You can find me in the dictionary under the word: Ultimate."

Haha

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Remember when i played World Heroes on arcade for the first time when i was 15year old!Like it!

NeoField

Rugal's Thug
Ill never forget the first time I played World Heroes 2, it was at a Pizza Hut in Georgia. The spikes on the wall and deathmatch blew my mind. Such a fun series!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A laundromat on 8th Avenue in Brooklyn near the 8th ave station. It was next to a Samurai Shodown machine. So I would see while I played SS.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Remember when world Heroes released,played it a lot,Favorite character (Kim Dragon)!

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Such a great series and why World Heroes has a permanent spot in Slot 4 of my Neo Geo 6 Slot. I still remember the first time I played it in '92 and everyone in the arcade talking about how this was the Street fighter 2 killer and how Hanzo was the Neo-Geo's "Ryu" and Fuuma was the Neo-Geo's "Ken." Although I like to play World Heroes 2 more, I have great memories for the first one.

I love neo fighting games but WH is pretty far down on the list of my favourite fighting games on the system. Ive never played any of the sequels so maybe there is a huge improvement.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Has anyone played the World Heroes Anthology disc on PS2? I was thinking about picking that one up, and I'd like to know how the emulation is.

Snakealpha

n00b
Oh boy, 25 year? I remember when I was a Kid and Started playing at arcades to a New machine called World Heroes with Kim Dragon: it was a Street Fighter wannabe but so much fun! The attacks were cool, with the Dragon Kick and some characters were amazing (fuuma the "Ken in a Ninja outfit", jeanne and her sword...)

One of my favourites

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
lmao dayum I feel old too.
I remember seeing it in the arcades as a kid and was so hyped when I got it for SNES.. Played the crap out of it every day with my buddies for at least a month :keke:

ruderudie

Cheng's Errand Boy
When WH came out we all thought it was pretty awesome even next to SF. But we were 8 years old and what is there not to love about a game with (then) awesome graphics, great variation of obscure charactera and even better sound effects. Bora!

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
World Heroes, SFII, and Mortal Kombat were my three most played games at Systems City Arcade in Santa Rosa, CA
Still remember changing a $20 bill for quarters, man what a fucking great feeling that was as a 13 year old
25 Years later...fuck getting old