New King of Collectards? $30,000 Sealed Super Mario Bros.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
would be pretty easy to fake as well, collectard will never open it

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Not even VGA graded either lol.

how do we know the insides are mint. It won't matter anyhow as it could have a turd inside and people would be none the wiser.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
It's a good price guys

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Probably makes that guy's mushroom tip hard...Well worth the $30k

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Not even VGA graded either lol.

how do we know the insides are mint. It won't matter anyhow as it could have a turd inside and people would be none the wiser.

Even if it were 'VGA graded', it could still be filled with a plastic slug. The guys that run that racket are connected to the 'inner circle' on Nintendoage and are a joke with no credentials, who've also been proven to have graded re-seals and other bullshit. That whole 'service' is a fucking scam, and laughable.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Even if it were 'VGA graded', it could still be filled with a plastic slug.

With a slight difference: it'll be worth 60k then. It's the before/after effect inverse, you'll not loose but gain a couple of k after one grade only.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Man for 30K the things you could do... These guys are fucking insane.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Never understood the appeal of sealed games, just not for me.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Sealed-game autists strike again!

Some of the comments are pure gold:

Anyone complaining that games cost $59.99 in the US these days should bear in mind that $26.99 in 1985 dollars is $60.65 today. Damn near bang on the mark.

Brand-new NES games were selling for $70-$100.

This game was coming from a fucking Caldor... I'm sure this was from a clearance sale in the 90's, or before Caldor went out of business.

Man for 30K the things you could do...

Hookers and blow.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
A lot of people out there trying to justify the price on this one. I just do not agree.

This hobby was more fun when everything was worthless.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
This hobby was more fun when everything was worthless.

I kinda agree, but at the same time it's not really worth $30k, even if one idiot once in a bluemoon is willing to spend that.

I do like Chu's suggestion of a sealed gaming case with a turd in a box. You would need the right ratio of poop to get the weight feeling just right. And it would need to be dried else the gig would be up a few days later.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They'll need to start x-raying these to make sure there's a game inside.

About game prices in general, I wanna think that the games are just getting more scarce as more collectors scoop up their copies, and it's not just the perceived value going up over time.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Not even the original version. It has the NES-GP and country code. Whoever bought it overpaid by a lot.

Jon

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

By claiming this is the "first print" of the game, which as Jon pointed out, is not even true. SMB had a bunch of very minor revisions on the box, earlier ones being more uncommon than others. But even if it was the first pressing, I don't see how it is worth anywhere close to that.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
This game was coming from a fucking Caldor... I'm sure this was from a clearance sale in the 90's, or before Caldor went out of business.
You mean the game came from a store before the store went out of business? Great detective work there!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I hope the post office drills a hole in it

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
By claiming this is the "first print" of the game, which as Jon pointed out, is not even true. SMB had a bunch of very minor revisions on the box, earlier ones being more uncommon than others. But even if it was the first pressing, I don't see how it is worth anywhere close to that.

Autism.