Neo Geo X: is it really as bad as they say?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Fun fact. The psp emulates the neo geo better with a better screen. It also does a/v out although not HDMI. It still looks better.

Since both are emulation anyways. Just save some coin and mod a psp.

This and Cps2 emulation is on point as well.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yeah thats what I知 starting to think, back to AES. If the Neo Geo X didn稚 have sucky tv output it would have saved buying a scaler to output neatly to a modern TV, and the expense of the NeoSD ontop of the console. No such luck.

That lukemorse1 review really showed how bad the colour bleeding compared to original hardware on composite. Maybe hdmi is better, but yeah I get the message - this thing is junk. SNK pulled the plug as damage control by the sounds of it.

I have a CDZ for the moment, but even that loads like a bitch with Last Blade and later games. Plus I壇 like to play the Metal Slugs past 2. Currently have the Metal Slug collection on Wii but the controller is just not right for it.

You can get them modded to output via component, dunno much about hdmi. When I had a CMVS it worked on a Samsung but not on a Visio. Better yet, find a high quality crt on Craigslist with component input, although if you are in Europe you can just go scart.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
2002 noob. failed miserably at using the search function. shit thread.
BAN AGAIN!

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Fun fact. The psp emulates the neo geo better with a better screen. It also does a/v out although not HDMI. It still looks better.

Since both are emulation anyways. Just save some coin and mod a psp.

How would you play 2 player in a Modded PSP? Correct me if I am wrong but would that not make MOST of the Neo-Geo library only half as fun? A Neo-Geo game reaches its full potential with a beer and buddy next to you to enjoy it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Madman started the trolling. I called him on it, and unlike his usual soft targets I don't have down syndrome.
If you don't have down syndrome, I think you can manage to use the SEARCH function next time.

On topic, the NGX can be soft modded to work better, the clicky pad can be tweaked to work better as well, but I would hold off if down syndrome is your thing.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
If you don't have down syndrome, I think you can manage to use the SEARCH function next time.

On topic, the NGX can be soft modded to work better, the clicky pad can be tweaked to work better as well, but I would hold off if down syndrome is your thing.

If the thread is redundant why bother to post a reply? Sounds a bit downy to me...

This forum has been going since ‘99, every question under the sun has already been asked. If you don’t like the thread, why not ignore it? Judging by the other replies, only you and madnan give a toss. The rest are too busy enjoying normal lives.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
2 linked PSPs.
Or one raspi3+retropie.

The emulation supports PSP links as well?
And yes I agree a Pi emulation would have no problems. I was just asking about the PSP option.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If the thread is redundant why bother to post a reply? Sounds a bit downy to me...

This forum has been going since ‘99, every question under the sun has already been asked. If you don’t like the thread, why not ignore it? Judging by the other replies, only you and madnan give a toss. The rest are too busy enjoying normal lives.

Oh hush, pipe down noob, nothing about anyone here is remotely close to normal. Fucking casual poser comes here, hangs for no reason, never owned a neo...and now wants to talk shit when told to use common sense, great fucking member.

You_775d29_1413034.jpg

I can say with confidence that you hold complete exclusivity on the downy matter as far as this thread is concerned.