Weekly Round up 7-23-17

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
3DS
Final Fight
Pocket Card Jockey
Chrono Trigger - Gave up on it. This hasn't aged well.

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Puyo Puyo Tetris

PS4
Persona 5 - Got the bad ending, am working on the better one.

Rock Band 3

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Saturn

X-men CotA
Street Fighter Alpha 2

GB

Space Invaders
Tetris

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS3:
Dark Souls 2, Gradius V, Ketsui
OSX:
Dwarf Fortress, Hearts of Iron 3

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Snes: Mr.Do!
PS4: Riptide GP - unlocked all trophies and finished the game
Skullgirls 2nd Encore - just played this yesterday for the first time
PS3: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Under Night: In Birth

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
0ne

Borderlands

Arcade

Mystic Marathon - It's been about 6 months since I was able to play, just repaired.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ds

dawn of sorrow: the least interesting out of the ds games imo. but still a good game.

snes

super castlevania 4: i always forget how good this game is. still wows me every time.

ninja warriors: i really like the style and gamepley of this one. gets hard pretty early on but still a satisfying experience, even in defeat.

tetris 2: good puzzle game.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SATURN:
SHINING FORCE 3 SCENARIO 2
KEIO FLYING SQUADRON 2

PS1:
POLICENAUTS

PS2:
MEGAMAN X8

PC:
DEAD RISING

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First Sin

Genesis
Crusader of Centy

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
3DS
Final Fight
Pocket Card Jockey
Chrono Trigger - Gave up on it. This hasn't aged well.

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Puyo Puyo Tetris

PS4
Persona 5 - Got the bad ending, am working on the better one.

Rock Band 3

This is the first time I've seen that Chrono Trigger hasn't aged well. What makes you say that?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
PS3

MGSV - Always and Forever

Vita

Rockman 2

Genesis

Phantasy Star II

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Ps4
Warframe
Arcade
Sf2hf
Switch
Zelly
Spatton2 (never played the first one, grabbed this one just to see what's what)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
This is the first time I've seen that Chrono Trigger hasn't aged well. What makes you say that?

combo attacks are basic; The time travel plot is novel and well integrated with your party of characters, but there seems to be a limit of what you can do and where you can go within the game's world. I don't really like how the enemies are hiding/part of the mazes/dungeons. It was a great game for when it was first released, but it shows it's age now.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo DS
- Don King Boxing
The boxing mini game in Flash Focus left me wanting a full game, with touch screen control, of that sport pretty badly, so, after reading several reviews of the various boxing games available on the DS, this one seemed to best fit the bill. You jab with taps, throw hooks with horizontal swipes, uppercuts with vertical motions, and hold down the L shoulder button, in combination with stylus movements, to dodge or block, which works out pretty well in my opinion. I'd prefer cartoony Nintendo Punchout action to this more realistic take on the sport, but, it's a good game of fisticuffs. Hot ring girls too. And, man, I think this is the first boxing game I've purchased since George Foreman's KO Boxing on the Sega Genesis back in the 90s!
- DropCast
Puzzle game similar to Super Collapse. I totally suck at it though and can't even get past the first stage!
- Escape the Museum
Not to be confused with Night at the Museum. This is find-the-hidden-objects mixed with point-and-click adventure game puzzles, with the goal of reuniting a mother with her young daughter, both of whom are trapped in the crumbling museum.
- Harry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Very cool and creative combination of an action platformer and match-3 puzzle game with lots of British humor. You have to keep switching back-and-forth between the two screens' different gameplay styles to manage enemies, health, and power-ups.
- Mazes of Fate
Enhanced port of the 1st person RPG on the GBA of the same name which now sports fully polygonal dungeons and enemies.
- Monkey Madness: Island Escape
Light gun game where you blast a bunch of filthy primates. Rather than just tapping the touchscreen to fire, you have to move the crosshairs around with the stylus and shoot with the L button--kind of a strange control scheme, but, it works. The constantly screeching monkeys will drive you apeshit though.
- TrackMania DS
Pretty good racing game with a robust track editor/creator.

Nintendo Gameboy Advance
- Mario Kart Super Circuit
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Almost finished with this one, but I expect there will probably be a fair amount of bonus content, after completing the main quest, that will keep me busy for a while longer.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
PSX - Symphony of the Night
PSP- Dracula X Chronicles
DS - Mario Kart (just bought my daughter a DS and all she wants to do is play this game)

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
DS - Mario Kart (just bought my daughter a DS and all she wants to do is play this game)

DS Mario Kart is one of the very best in the series. She has good taste.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
DS Mario Kart is one of the very best in the series. She has good taste.

I agree. Its my favorite Mario Kart. My list is:

Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 64

Last night, my kiddo and I spent about an hour playing Mario Kart 7. She's real bad at it so I was playing the stage in reverse to give her a chance.

*also, MK Advance has not aged well...

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

How old is your little girl? I agree - an excellent game for kids. Some cool courses on there. I regret selling it to half price books years ago.